######### PLEASE READ! - VERY IMPORTANT NEWS here #########

Just so you know - when it says messages under your Avatar, I'm guessing that means how many replies or posts. The amount I have is just about dead on for the amount I had before the switch... I've added a few more here :p
Yes, "messages" is your post count. Messages are now "Conversations".
I don't like being a "Mouseketeer". Lol
:( It's possible things just need to catch up and get indexed. That's still underway.

Sayhello

If we are now ."Mouseketeers" does that mean we are entitled to any royalties? Hmmm, going back to the 50's those pennies add up. Love the new style boards.

Sorry if this had been covered, but do we need to upload our avatar again?
If your avatar is not there, then yes, you need to re-upload it. Some transferred, some didn't. No idea why. :)
If we are now ."Mouseketeers" does that mean we are entitled to any royalties? Hmmm, going back to the 50's those pennies add up. Love the new style boards.
Ooooo... I like that idea ;) I'm liking the new boards, too. Yes, there are issues, but nothing huge. It's got some great features; you just have to find where some of them are is all.

Sayhello

So, I am seeing a lot more ads than I noticed before. Maybe because they move/blink more, or maybe because the color scheme is different. Or maybe there just are more ads. I'm wondering if the thing at the top of the page about Inbox Now is an ad, or if we can't get private messages anymore unless we install it? I'm kind of nervous about having to download stuff. Any advice, Sayhello?

So, I am seeing a lot more ads than I noticed before. Maybe because they move/blink more, or maybe because the color scheme is different. Or maybe there just are more ads. I'm wondering if the thing at the top of the page about Inbox Now is an ad, or if we can't get private messages anymore unless we install it? I'm kind of nervous about having to download stuff. Any advice, Sayhello?
Do not click on anything asking you to install something to get private messages! It's spam/malware and the admins are aware of it, and working on it. Private Messages are now called "Conversations" and you do not have to install anything to get to them. You shouldn't have to install anything to use the boards. Thank you for asking this, I meant to post about it!

Sayhello

Last edited:
Do not click on anything asking you to install something to get private messages! It's spam/malware and the admins are aware of it, and working on it. Private Messages are now called "Conversations" and you do not have to install anything to get to them. You shouldn't have to install anything to use the boards. Thank you for asking this, I meant to post about it!

Sayhello

Phew! Glad I backed out of that! And I got your "conversation" test, so thank you! It showed up as a little number on the word "inbox" next to my user name at the top left (for anyone who is wondering what to look for), and I also got a copy in my regular email.

It will take some time, but once we get used to the new set up, I'm sure we won't even remember the old one! Though I did notice on the one older post of mine I checked that all my apostrophes had disappeared. I guess I'll have to live with the idea that new readers may think I'm a fool who doesn't know how to differentiate between "its" and "it's," among others!

Phew! Glad I backed out of that! And I got your "conversation" test, so thank you! It showed up as a little number on the word "inbox" next to my user name at the top left (for anyone who is wondering what to look for), and I also got a copy in my regular email.

It will take some time, but once we get used to the new set up, I'm sure we won't even remember the old one! Though I did notice on the one older post of mine I checked that all my apostrophes had disappeared. I guess I'll have to live with the idea that new readers may think I'm a fool who doesn't know how to differentiate between "its" and "it's," among others!
Other people have mentioned the apostrophe issue. Can you post a link to where you see the problem? I'll report it, or you can report it yourself here:

http://www.disboards.com/forums/new-board-issues.195/

The Webmasters are being VERY responsive to issues!

Sayhello

Hi Folks!!!

1. New Boards - AWESOME!!!! Thank you to all involved!

2. Ad that says to download something - Like the moderator has said - please do not click on it!!! Just so that folks know how these types of ads work.... The ad knows it is on a forum, so it tries to emulate a forum function - like download, private message, or something forum related in the hopes you will click on it. You will see this type of ad throughout your life on the internet. You will see it mainly on sites that allow you to download content or files, you will notice that their ads will confuse you - there will be 5 different green buttons that say click here to download now. Just be aware of what you are clicking on. If you hover over something, your browser should show you the address that button or link is actually taking you to - at the bottom left of the screen. Also - this is NOT the disunplugged or wdwinfo.com's fault. The fault lies with the marketing company that they use to serve up ads - usually googleads or the like. Just be careful of where you click. I tell my clients everyday - NEVER CLICK ON AN ADVERTISEMENT!!! ..... and avoid facebook games.

3. During the announcement of the new forums by Pete Werner, I was so proud of him!!!! I cannot tell you how many sites like this will try to save a buck or two by trying to migrate the data themselves. This always turns out to be a disaster. Pete said he paid the developers to move the data for them - which is absolutely 100% the most responsible thing he could have ever done. The developers of this software are the experts on this software and I think that the transition has been very smooth so far because of this and the webmasters focusing on this project. You guys are all doing a great job!!!

Now if these new boards could just make my trip to Disney get here faster!

Other people have mentioned the apostrophe issue. Can you post a link to where you see the problem? I'll report it, or you can report it yourself here:

http://www.disboards.com/forums/new-board-issues.195/

The Webmasters are being VERY responsive to issues!

Sayhello

Some posts don't seem to have the comma problem. Some do. I see more issues in my own trip reports with posts that have photos in them.

See post 183 (2nd line) "I’m" instead of "I'm"

http://www.disboards.com/threads/china-trip-report-2014.3290525/page-10

Some posts don't seem to have the comma problem. Some do. I see more issues in my own trip reports with posts that have photos in them.

See post 183 (2nd line) "I’m" instead of "I'm"

http://www.disboards.com/threads/china-trip-report-2014.3290525/page-10
Kevin, do you type your reports in Word and then cut & paste them into the DISBoards editor? That's what I do, and I see the same "numbered codes" instead of punctuation issue in some of my Trip Reports. I've reported it to the Webmasters and the developer, and last I heard it was being looked into, but I haven't heard any outcome yet. I'll add your link to my report.

Sayhello

Do we need to go in and do something so we receive email alerts when there is a new post in a thread we are subscribed to ("watching" is the new term, I believe)? I have received email alerts for one thread on another DISboards forum that I was subscribed to prior to the changeover, but when I checked the ABD board just now, I noticed that there were new posts in a thread I am watching, but I did not get any email alerts. I checked my alert preferences, and the appropriate boxes were checked. I unchecked and then rechecked them again, hoping that would help, but I feel like I might be missing some place to request email notifications of new posts instead of just an alert here on the site. Thanks.

Do we need to go in and do something so we receive email alerts when there is a new post in a thread we are subscribed to ("watching" is the new term, I believe)? I have received email alerts for one thread on another DISboards forum that I was subscribed to prior to the changeover, but when I checked the ABD board just now, I noticed that there were new posts in a thread I am watching, but I did not get any email alerts. I checked my alert preferences, and the appropriate boxes were checked. I unchecked and then rechecked them again, hoping that would help, but I feel like I might be missing some place to request email notifications of new posts instead of just an alert here on the site. Thanks.
There seems to be some glitches in the email notification process. Lots of people are reporting not getting emails. I'll let you know what I hear. One thing is to add the new address to your address book (the emails are coming from a different email address now) so that they don't go to Spam. I'll post what the new address is when I get home, I don't have access to it at work.

I've become very fond of the "Watched Threads" view, as at the top it shows "Unread Watched Threads". It's very handy.

I'll keep you guys up to date on what I hear about the email notifications.

Sayhello

There seems to be some glitches in the email notification process. Lots of people are reporting not getting emails. I'll let you know what I hear. One thing is to add the new address to your address book (the emails are coming from a different email address now) so that they don't go to Spam. I'll post what the new address is when I get home, I don't have access to it at work.

I've become very fond of the "Watched Threads" view, as at the top it shows "Unread Watched Threads". It's very handy.

I'll keep you guys up to date on what I hear about the email notifications.

Sayhello

Thanks, Sayhello.

You're welcome!

Well, apparently the email address is back to boards@disboards.com

So that's probably not the issue, as that's what it was before the move...

Sayhello

Well, I'm not sure if it was resaving my alerts preferences or going to the Watched Threads tab that you pointed me to and reading through all of the unread posts, but I seem to be getting email alerts for new posts to all my watched threads again. Yay!!

Well, I'm not sure if it was resaving my alerts preferences or going to the Watched Threads tab that you pointed me to and reading through all of the unread posts, but I seem to be getting email alerts for new posts to all my watched threads again. Yay!!
YAY!!!! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter