Please help with ideas for "down" days at Walt Disney World

billyjobobb

Mouseketeer
We will be there for 14 days, but we're buying a 10 day ticket. We have bought 2 sets of Halloween party tickets, so on those days we will have mornings and early afternoons free. I know there will be some pool time in there, but what else is there that might be fun? We've already decided on mini golf at Fantasia gardens and a trip to the character Warehouse.

Any super cool, stuff to explore? Not willing to buy tickets to Universal, but is there stuff worth seeing at Universal CityWalk?

Maybe try a waterpark.
Disney Springs for some food and shopping.
Check out a couple resorts you're interested in.

Our favorite thing to do on a down day is rent one of the Umbrella spots at Typhoon Lagoon and just relax. I stay under the umbrella almost the whole time - I bring a coloring book and colored pencils and color or take a nap. We will maybe do the lazy river a time or two, have an adult beverage, eat lunch. I love it.

We have a "Sunday Brunch" reservation at Ohana.... maybe not go into the park that day and spend the afternoon by the pool?

If you want to go to CityWalk, there are some good restaurants to try. You could check out Toothsome or CowFish. They also have mini-golf and a movie theater, but you can get those elsewhere.

We did a 14 day trip with a 10 day ticket a few years ago, and we did Universal and SeaWorld on two of the extra days. We probably did Disney Springs and resort hopping with the other 2 days.

Do you have a car? How old are the kids?

Kennedy Space Center, a nearby beach, like Cocoa Beach, Disney Springs, Cirque de Soleil, the Void.

We are planning on bowling or a movie if there are thunderstorms on our down day. We also enjoy board games and have travel Scrabble. Not exciting, but it's something we love to do together.

Boat rental at the Contemporary is another potential idea. The ability to drive a boat around the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake is pretty cool. At Disney Springs, in addition to the shopping and dining options there is the Characters in Flight balloon and The Void, which is a Star Wars VR experience. Finally, I'm not sure where you're staying, but the Disney resorts also have a variety of activities.

I second the recommendation from a pp for Toothsome Chocolate Emporium at Universal City Walk. The steampunk atmosphere is cool and that warm chocolate almond bread with salted caramel butter is to die for!

I'm not sure about the composition of your travel party (eg: kids, ages, etc) but we often hit up Winter Summerland for mini golf on off days. The theming is terrific and my little guy loves it.

We like to plan a character breakfast at one of the resorts on our down day and do a little resort hopping. We always enjoy visiting the Polynesian and animal kingdom lodge.

Winter Summer Land mini golf (the theming is so cute!), the pool for a couple of hours if the weather is hot, often resort hop for dinner and to check out different resorts. Or we spend most of the day resort hopping and exploring a few resorts and their food courts and restaurants and shops, or check out Disney Springs and have dinner either there or at a different resort than our own.

On my down days I like to enjoy my resort - from massages at the spa to having a pool day with food at the resort - or finding a little nook in the lobby and reading to my heart's content. Or doing happy hour at the resort, going to the campfire and roasting marshmallows, watching the outdoor movie. The resorts have all kinds of things to enjoy....

After a few days of Disney I look forward to sleeping in and enjoying a late brunch at a resort. Then an afternoon at the pool to rest up for your Halloween Party. Another option is an afternoon wandering around Disney Springs. You could also consider a movie at the AMC theater at DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter