• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please HELP.. need advice/info... NEWBIE

JackiefromJersey

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!! :wave2:

I am new to this forum (first post!) and am in desperate need of help. As a Christmas present to eachother, my fiancee and I have decided to stay at Portofino (to get FOTL benefits) for the weekend of 1/3 just for the night. This is very sudden and we really want to stay there. He has NEVER been to IOA and I have and have always wanted to stay there cuz I hear so many wonderful things about it. Anyways... :love2: :lovestruc

I need to book now!!! But we can't afford to spend a lot on the one night (we are on a big budget). We keep seeing specials on the Universal site for Florida Residents but apparently when I try to request.. the price is like double the offer!?

What advice can someone... anyone.. give me so that we can stay at Portofino for around 100-150 (yeah right huh?!) and have the nice FOTL benefits. We've never stayed at such a nice place before.. too bad it's just for one night.

I am most likely out of luck huh? :worried:

Any special deals? I have two weeks til I am there. :confused:

Any info is greatly appreciated!!!!!

For the night of Jan 3, you can get a Bay View room @ the PBH for $189.

http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/resort_hotels/por_rates_reservation.html

Click on "check availability." Enter "FLO" in the promotional code (for FL resident).

That's the cheapest I've seen for PBH, unless you're an Annual Passholder. Then you could get a garden view for $169.

Or, keep calling 1-800-BE-A-STAR. Ask them directly for FL resident rates - there's a small chance there might be a difference in rates if you call directly.

Good luck!

Thank you for your input! I will look into that. I am also just considering giving in and going for the Royal Pacific (RPH?) for one night at the 120 rate I am seeing. But I want to stay at Portofino soooo bad. :(

Like I said, we are on a budget so near the 100-150 (no more really) is our plan. Is the FOTL really necessary for this time of year!? (I am guessing so). If not, I wouldn't mind (well, I would rather not!!!) staying at the nearby hotels like I have always done.

Thanks for any advice!!!!!
:wave:

Hi, Jackie from Jersey... and WELCOME!

I'm moving this to the Universal Resorts and Hotels board, where I'm sure you'll get lots of help.

I agree with AlexandNessa, that is a good price. Try the same information for the Royal Pacific and got a $129 rate!

Good luck!

Robinrs

RPR is a great hotel as well am sure u would enjoy it just as much
:jester:

Try checking out HotelKingdom to see if they have anything available at the Portofino. The RPR is a VERY nice hotel too.

Thanks for the advice! I did check out HotelKingdom and they had a rate of 200+ for the Portofino.. yikes. My guy just told me we MIGHT be able to swing the 189 for the Portofino, but we are on such a tight budget... ugh... what to do!?

Like I expressed earlier, we are wanting to stay there very badly... all who've responded say the RPH is VERY nice as well?? Gosh, I am sooo torn..... :confused:

Stay at RP! You will love it and don't forget to get your Loews First Card # before you go for a Welcome Gift (wine, cookies, etc.).

Take the money you save on the room and go over to PB and eat at Sal's or Delia's. Sal's is more reasonable, but very good. You can enjoy the atmosphere without staying in a room.

Have fun!

What's a Loew's First Card?! Welcome Gift???

This would be our first time staying on-site so we don't know what to expect or watch out for.

Of course, there is a parking fee but what other charges do we need to keep an eye out for?
What $$ do you think we need to put aside for tips and fees??

Ugh... planning... no money... hehe :earseek: :tongue:

NVM on the Loew's Card.. I just saw another thread on it and applied.. got my membership number. I am supposed to go to the seperate check-in line at wherever I stay (RP or Portofino?!) with my membership # (since card won't come for a few weeks) and then I get special perks?! That was just way too easy!?

hehe...
:hyper: :wave:

RPR has a special line for loews members but PBH does not. You will get your gift at your room that night, but you request it at check in. We usually get milk and cookies. It hits the spot after a long day.

Have fun. You will love either resort. They are different, but great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter