Please Help me plan our 1st Trip

Mahorn

Mouseketeer
We have never been to Disneyland we are WDW veterans. I will be with DH DS(3) and Ds(1). We are going the first week of June we rented a car. Whats not to miss shows rides ect. We are also planning one day to go to the La Brea Tarpits and that area.

How about character dining does it fill up like in WDW?

What about bringing water and snacks into the park like WDW especially for the kids.

Sorry so many questions but I am a planning freak.

Thanks for any advice
pixiedust: :sulley: :tigger: :smickey: :tink: :mickeyjum :dumbo:

Things not to miss:
Aladin show in DCA,
Fireworks,
Fantasmic,
Ride one or both of thebig boats around the Rivers of America,
the 50th movie/ display on main street,
Most of the fantasyland rides (might not be thrilling, but they are the classics)- dont miss the story book boats
Matterhorn!
Space mountain
Indy- can't miss that!
The kids will like the Pooh bear ride

If you dont have time to do everything don't feel bad if you miss "honey I shrunk the audiance" and Innovations. Neither are all that great. Golden Dreams in CA is also not all that great.

You can book dinning up to 60 days in advance. It does not typically fill up way in advance like WDW, but you will want to have reservations. I just booked yesterday for March 11-12- so less then two weeks out. June will be busier, so I wouldnt cut it so close if I were you.

You can bring water and snacks- not a problem. Just no glass containers, and no large picnic coolers.

It is WAY better than the one at WDW.

Also for the kids, don't miss The Casey Jr. Circus Train and Storybook Canal ride -- they are not at WDW.

My kids also like the Princess story time in the tinkerbell shop in the castle -- your kids may be a little young to appreciate it, though.

At California Adventure, they have a whole Bug's Life area that is just for kids your age. My kids are older, and they still love it. They also like the animation building in DCA -- it may also be too old for your kids, but you should check it out.

I agree with the last poster, don't miss Aladdin at DCA -- I took my boys when they were 1 and 3 and they were riveted! (It is 45 minutes).

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter