• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plaza - conflicting reviews

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
Conflicting reviews aren’t particularly rare, but I have was seeing pretty disparate reviews for the same menu items at the Plaza Restaurant.

I’m not going this trip but thought about checking it out in the future. Thoughts on the food and restaurant?

Inside it's kind of tight but ok. Think old school soda shop but not 50's style. The food is simple food. Burgers, salads etc. Meatloaf and fried chicken are two stand outs. Ice cream & milk shakes are staples. It's a step up from counter service in a TS location.

We really like it. We've been going every year for over a decade and always eat there at least once during our trips and often twice. Not a good value if you're on the dining plan though so I'd pay out of pocket if that's a concern.

It's a fine, safe restaurant. You won't find any culinary masterpieces and you probably won't hate your meal either. PPs pretty much summed it up. It's a step up from most CS locations in food quality and a step down from most other TS restaurants in price (meaning it is not worth a TS credit, IMO, because the menu is not expensive at all). You won't find your "next favorite meal ever" here and you won't leave hungry. Fine and safe.

It's a small very original venue that has a small menu of basic items. We have eaten often, DS1 likes the burgers and fries, always good. I like the Chicken Strawberry Salad. I have gotten the Cheese Steak a few times but it's different, def their own spin. Also tried the Reuben and enjoyed that as well. Haven't ever gotten anything we didn't like. Service always been good.

Prices are good (with my TiW I can eat there less than quick service). I am waited on, there is A/C and since QS have no good burgers anymore, having a good one on menu is a drawing point.

Not really themed but it's a nice break in a small quiet room for a decent simple meal in a busy park.

Last edited:
We have always had consistently good food at The Plaza, at a good price point. This is a place I always try to book when we bring people with us, because everyone can always find something to order, and the food has always been good. The sandwiches at least are also quite large, and easily shareable, especially if also getting ice cream or a milkshake. I would not spend a TS credit here though, as it doesn't seem worth it, but great if paying OOP.

We were there a couple of weeks ago for lunch. A big reason why we went was that we were getting table service for not much more than quick service would have cost us. The food wasn't on a wow outstanding level, but it was good. I had a burger and have no complaints about it. It was good and I enjoyed it. I'd go back for another - and we probably will without a second thought. We also got two all you care to enjoy milkshakes. Yum! I had two and that was all I could manage. They were very tasty. My fiance had two and then they packed up a third one for him in a to-go cup. Service was great - our server did a great job and was very friendly. We also had gotten engaged a couple days earlier and our server noticed our pins and made a fuss over us. She actually gave me my milkshakes at no charge - because I hadn't originally ordered one, only my fiance ordered a drink and I was gonna take a few sips from his. Plus, the manager came out and gifted us with bridal mouse ears hats. We were taken by surprise at how above and beyond they went to celebrate with us. We had a fantastic experience there. We didn't go in expecting anything too spectacular, just a decent sit down and be served lunch. We certainly got that. And more! We liked the food and thought the price was right. Staff were extra super.

Conflicting reviews aren’t particularly rare, but I have was seeing pretty disparate reviews for the same menu items at the Plaza Restaurant.

I’m not going this trip but thought about checking it out in the future. Thoughts on the food and restaurant?
It's a very busy diner with one of the best locations in America.

Food & menus at diners are typically 'nothing to write home about' - The Plaza is no exception.

The location is what makes it a busy diner.

We prefer table service to a Qwik Serve at what is a comparable cost for a beverage and sandwich.

With limited ADR's now available at The Plaza, we have included Skipper Canteen in our rotation.

Agree with PPs - there's nothing particularly special about the atmosphere or the menu, but its a good stop for a relatively inexpensive TS lunch or dinner while in MK. We prefer it for lunch, because most of the menu items are lighter sandwich/salad type options.

My favorite is the Plaza Club, and I will be enjoying one next week at this time! Sandwiches are a nice size, and it is bright enough inside to make it relaxing. I particularly enjoy dining here solo.

The Plaza is consistently good. We have never had anything but tasty, well prepared lunch options here. Always a must do lunch for us on a MK day.

It's one of our must do's. I like that price wise, it's not much more than a quick service, but we can sit and be served. Which is big for us on vacation. We are usually in and out pretty quickly so it doesn't eat up much park time and is a nice break from the heat.

Besides the prices being close to quick serve, it's often hard to find a table at a quick serve place around lunchtime, especially if you're solo where no one can scout tables and save one for you while you stand in line. So for me, it's well worth the slight additional cost because at least I'm guaranteed a seat!

I’m actually surprised, I’ve never seen any bad reviews for The Plaza (I guess, aside from Rusty above). We eat there every trip and really enjoy it. I had the FGT sandwich last time and it was delicious.

I don’t know what you’re looking for, but I think The Plaza is a consistently good choice.

We really like it. The food isn't creative, but we've never had a "flavored cardboard" experience there - everything we've ordered has been good quality for what it is, juicy burgers, fresh cold-cuts and veggie toppings, and some of the best french fries at WDW. We usually share a couple of sandwiches among 3-4 of us to save room for dessert, because my girls love a good brownie sundae with strawberry ice cream.

As others have said, it is a half-step up from quick service in terms of price but a clear notch above in quality and service, very nice for a lighter (and less expensive) sit-down lunch in the park.

Been going there for 30 years straight -great food and clean,. Themed like a turn of the century icream parlor. Always consistent. Only wish they kept the red skin potato salad on the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter