Plan Ahead with Lightning Lane Entry at Walt Disney World Starting July 24

We just got back from our trip and I think we accidentally stumbled on a hack that I don't remember anyone mentioning, but apologies if this is already common knowledge. On our arrival day, we had figment booked from 8pm-9pm and went to ride it and it was down. No big deal, we just grabbed a snack and watched some fireworks. But, when I woke up the next day, in addition to the 3 passes I had booked, I had an anytime pass that was good for a tier 2 ride at any of the parks all day. We tested it and were able to use it on TSMM, no problem. I wanted to test this "hack" again the next day, and the Railway was down when I went to look in the afternoon and was done making passes for the day and I was still able to get a pass for 8-9pm. And magically, when I woke up the next day there was an anytime pass in addition to the 3 I had booked, and this time I was able to use it on tier 1 and 2 because Railway is a tier 1. So, it seems like if you have a pass booked for the last window of the day and the ride is down when the park closes, it gives you an anytime pass for the following day. Hopefully I articulated that right, we just got back from driving 14 hours home yesterday so I'm still recovering 😂
I did this on my last trip at MK even though I never went to the park (had spent the day at HS). Since you can hold 3 at a time I booked Barnstormer, Dumbo, and Magic Carpets all for the last hour that MK was open since it closed 1 hour later. A lightning storm rolled through, all 3 were shut down, and I had 3 anytime passes for tier 2 rides the next day.

We just got back from our trip and I think we accidentally stumbled on a hack that I don't remember anyone mentioning, but apologies if this is already common knowledge. On our arrival day, we had figment booked from 8pm-9pm and went to ride it and it was down. No big deal, we just grabbed a snack and watched some fireworks. But, when I woke up the next day, in addition to the 3 passes I had booked, I had an anytime pass that was good for a tier 2 ride at any of the parks all day. We tested it and were able to use it on TSMM, no problem. I wanted to test this "hack" again the next day, and the Railway was down when I went to look in the afternoon and was done making passes for the day and I was still able to get a pass for 8-9pm. And magically, when I woke up the next day there was an anytime pass in addition to the 3 I had booked, and this time I was able to use it on tier 1 and 2 because Railway is a tier 1. So, it seems like if you have a pass booked for the last window of the day and the ride is down when the park closes, it gives you an anytime pass for the following day. Hopefully I articulated that right, we just got back from driving 14 hours home yesterday so I'm still recovering 😂

Ahhh, the late night lotto!. I did this in 2019 with FP+ when it was clear that Fantasmic wasn't going to run that night due to weather. We were done for the night and heading out, so I booked us all into the show. Got a set of passes for our whole crew to use the next day with our MNSSHP ticket during the 4-6pm window.

Assuming it works the same was it did in the olden times, yes, it's specifically when a ride goes down in the last hour of operation that the anytime pass is good the next day at any park. Given this is the case, it's always worth booking those last rides in the the evening, even if you aren't riding. PP's suggestion of Barnstormer, Carpets, and Dumbo is an excellent trio for MK as they usually have availability and will go down in a thunderstorm. Obviously doesn't work all the time, but it's a nice perk when you hit the late night lotto. The fact that the new system allows you to hit x3 is that much better!

I'm curious if this would work if you don't have LL day 2. We are only getting LL day 1 but not for any other park. Would I still get an anytime LL the next day? I might try this out and see what happens, if something goes down.

Also, I apologize, I know this has been said before but can someone remind me what time the morning of your LL can you start to modify? Park open?

Last edited:
I'm curious if this would work if you don't have LL day 2. We are only getting LL day 1 but not for any other park. Would I still get an anytime LL the next day? I might try this out and see what happens, if something goes down.
You don't need LL for your next park but you do need a park ticket to actually use your bonus LLMPs.

Also, I apologize, I know this has been said before but can someone remind me what time the morning of your LL can you start to modify? Park open?
Technically any time. After 7 AM should provide you the best results.

Dave

I'm going mad and can't figure out why the system won't let me do this - does it always force you to group your LLs back to back? I see an open spot in the morning for multiple rides before our lunch ADR, but when I try to book one it forces me back to the "block" by the other two in the afternoon. Is this a thing? It's not an availability issue as it's been persistently showing a.m. options to me for days (e.g. Frozen or Indiana Jones) just so we can try and knock out a LL first thing....

I'm going mad and can't figure out why the system won't let me do this - does it always force you to group your LLs back to back? I see an open spot in the morning for multiple rides before our lunch ADR, but when I try to book one it forces me back to the "block" by the other two in the afternoon. Is this a thing? It's not an availability issue as it's been persistently showing a.m. options to me for days (e.g. Frozen or Indiana Jones) just so we can try and knock out a LL first thing....
Do you have an AP or ticket that requires a park reservation? I've seen people mention this happening because they needed to make a park reservation. If that's not it you can probably just wait and modify the morning of.

Do you have an AP or ticket that requires a park reservation? I've seen people mention this happening because they needed to make a park reservation. If that's not it you can probably just wait and modify the morning of.
Yes, I have an AP with that park reserved already....

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest