Plan Ahead with Lightning Lane Entry at Walt Disney World Starting July 24

Hi! Trip is over Labor Day. A few questions.
1. I have an after hours ticket for one day. We plan to arrive at 4pm, using that ticket. Can I use the after hours ticket to book lighting lane passes? If so, do I need to do something in my Disney experience?

2. 8/31 is showing available for purchase on my Disney experience app. Why? It's not 7 days in advance???

I have an after hours ticket for one day. We plan to arrive at 4pm, using that ticket. Can I use the after hours ticket to book lighting lane passes?
No you can't purchase LLMP / LLSP on an After Hours Ticket.

8/31 is showing available for purchase on my Disney experience app. Why? It's not 7 days in advance???
If you are looking at the Calendar swipe left and you will see September and currently the 5th is the last date shown as bookable. That is just how the app works.

Dave

8/31 is showing available for purchase on my Disney experience app. Why? It's not 7 days in advance???
On the 7th day before your resort* check-in date, you can book LLs for the length of your resort* stay, up to 14 days. So, MDE allows booking your LLs up to 21 days in advance for those who are eligible. If you are not eligible, it won't allow you to complete the purchase.

*= Disney-owned resorts, DVC resorts, Swan, Dolphin, Swan Reserve and Shades of Green

Last edited:
Had my park day yesterday with my prebooked LLMP experiences. We are staying onsite so was able to book them at 7+1 days. I prebooked the following rides: BTMRR (Tier 1 @ 9:45), Tier 2s Pirates (11:10) and Haunted Mansion (12:05). I didn’t try to modify the times except for BTMRR while booking because I was nervous I would lose the times. I ended up finding that it was extremely hard to modify times to be earlier after the fact. I was only able to push pirates up to 10:40. I also had no luck modifying on the day of either.

On the actual park day, BTMRR was down for pretty much the whole day since park opening so my prebooked pass turned into one of those multiple experience passes. We wanted to wait to see if Thunder Mountain ever came back online but it didn’t before we left so I asked one of the Blue Shirts if she could turn the multiple experience pass from MK to HS since I never got to use my Tier 1 ride. She did and we ended up getting to tap into Slinky Dog when we wanted to so that was nice. I had to make a LL for the closest time ride (philamagic) to unlock my ability to book for a second park since I didn’t tap into my first ride since it was down.

Has anyone tried to buy at one park, go into a different park first and then use LL at the second park???

I'm an AP holder and staying at boardwalk starting Monday. We bought our LL passes for HS but since its a good to go day, want to snag a boarding group for GOTG at 7am before we board our flight down. I was hoping to pop into Epcot when we get there and ride guardians quick and maybe a snack before we head over to HS (our first available LL was at 12:30 and we should be at the hotel by 10:30). And then make our way to HS to spend our day before going back to Epcot for EEH. I know it seems complicated but we are desperately trying to ride guardians as much as we can this trip because its our favorite ride, a short trip and my fiancé wont be back to WDW for a few years.

This is all in hopes that our Boarding group is called before noon!

TIA!

Can I buy individual LL pass for like tron for example 7days before our trip?

Hi! Trip is over Labor Day. A few questions.
1. I have an after hours ticket for one day. We plan to arrive at 4pm, using that ticket. Can I use the after hours ticket to book lighting lane passes? If so, do I need to do something in my Disney experience?

2. 8/31 is showing available for purchase on my Disney experience app. Why? It's not 7 days in advance???
If you only have the after hours event ticket, you cannot enter the park till 7pm (4pm entry is for Holloween/Christmas party only)

We bought our LL passes for HS but since its a good to go day, want to snag a boarding group for GOTG at 7am before we board our flight down. I was hoping to pop into Epcot when we get there and ride guardians quick and maybe a snack before we head over to HS
Yes you can try for the VQ at GoTG at Epcot at 7 AM. And if you get one then you can stop by Epcot before you head to HS for you LLMP / LLSP selections there.

Note: Even if it was not a Good To Go day for APs you could just switch your AP Park Reservation to Epcot and still make it to both parks. Your AP Reservation does not have to match the Park where you make your LLMP / LLSP purchases. Just the first park you enter.

Then once you use your first LLMP at HS you can check to see if there are available LLMP selections for Epcot in the evening or just continue to get additional LLMP selections at HS.

ETA: add GTG data for AP Park Reservation..

Dave

Last edited:
I haven’t been to Disney since 2021, so I want to be sure I understand. We have decided to go to Disney very last minute (for us) in Sept, so very soon.
Is the following correct:
I can buy LL multipass up to 7 days before the first day of our trip & pick up to 3 passes a day per park at that time. Once in the park after using the first pass, I can make another one for that park or with park hoppers another one in a different park on the same day.
For individual LL, I have to wait until 7am of the day I want the pass to buy it (if staying in a WD resort) & can purchase up to two in one park. Can it be different parks or does it have to be only one?
If we don’t have mb, will the passes be on our phones in the app?
TIA
Hey everyone, I’ve copied over a post from the Everything Genie thread that I just realized I forgot to close. Going to do that now but can you please take a look at the post quoted above and help out this guest? Thanks!

@tsme
Is the following correct:
I can buy LL multipass up to 7 days before the first day of our trip & pick up to 3 passes a day per park at that time. Once in the park after using the first pass, I can make another one for that park or with park hoppers another one in a different park on the same day.
The 7 Day advanced purchase is only if you are staying on-site and you can purchase for your length of stay or 3 days advanced purchase for off-site stays. What type of tickets do you have?

For individual LL, I have to wait until 7am of the day I want the pass to buy it (if staying in a WD resort) & can purchase up to two in one park. Can it be different parks or does it have to be only one?
No you can purchase LLSP (replaces iLL) at the same time as your LLMP 7 Days before your resort stay if on-site or 3 days for off-site. You can purchase up to 2 LLSP selections per day per person and they don't have to be at the same park.

If we don’t have mb, will the passes be on our phones in the app?
Yes you can use the MDE app and your Smartphone or even a RF Card if you pick one up at Guest Services. The Cards do save considerable phone battery usage...

Dave

We are planning on doing MK on a party day in the morning and park hopping to Hollywood that night. Are we able to just book lightening lane multi pass for that evening at Hollywood and not even worry about it for mk?
I think that would be the best strategy, esp if using VQ and LLSP (SDMT, Tiana, ROTR) hopping to HS.

MK will probably have minimal waits in the morning, but VQ will make it harder to plan midday breaks. You can get VQ Tiana and then VQ Tron (harder to get due to limited park hours).

If you look right now (10:55 am) on a party night, the waits are pretty good at MK (max is 45) vs HS (45 mins+ for most rides). SDD (65 min wait) and TOT (90 min wait) are sold out.

Yes you can try for the VQ at GoTG at Epcot at 7 AM. And if you get one then you can stop by Epcot before you head to HS for you LLMP / LLSP selections there.

Note: Even if it was not a Good To Go day for APs you could just switch your AP Park Reservation to Epcot and still make it to both parks. Your AP Reservation does not have to match the Park where you make your LLMP / LLSP purchases. Just the first park you enter.

Then once you use your first LLMP at HS you can check to see if there are available LLMP selections for Epcot in the evening or just continue to get additional LLMP selections at HS.

ETA: add GTG data for AP Park Reservation..

Dave
Thank you!! I had it out with a cast member the other day through the chat feature (before GTG days were updated for next week) who told me I needed to change my park reservation or change my LL's to after 2pm or they would become null and void because I didnt have a reservation at that park and could not use my first LL at a park I didnt have a reservation to until after 2pm. Even after I told her I plan to park hop she was telling me this was not possible. 😠 it was very frustrating! Glad to know we will be all set!

Thanks Dave!!!

Was at Epcot yesterday. We did not by the Multipass Lightning Lane but did buy a single pass for Guardians.
We went at a pretty leisurely pace and were able to do the following:
Remy, meet Pooh, Guardians with virtual pass (group 16), three Caballeros, meet Mulan, lunch at the Creperie, Soarin, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, Journey of Water, Nemo, meet Mickey and Friends, ride Guardians with SPLL, dinner at Spice Road, and Luminous. We also explored lots of shops in Workd Showcase.

A couple things of note:
1) We came in the international gateway from a Skyliner resort. We were in the middle of that crowd about 1/2 way onto the bridge. We were off Remy at 9:00 and the line would around the entire inside and outside queues and then back to the fountain in the front of the pavilion! Easily a 2 hour wait. If you can’t be in front of the pack/ are coming in the main entrance/ staying on site, don’t start with Remy. You will waste tons of valuable morning time. At about 10:30, the line was only posting 35 minutes.
2) We didn’t attempt Frozen.
3) We had someone joining us past our Guardians time. We asked the CM at the ride and they said there was no issue using our paid lightning lane late.
4) Soarin was posted at 30 minutes and took 23, so fairly accurate.

Last edited:
We had someone joining us past our Guardians time. We asked the CM at the ride and they said there was no issue using our paid lightning lane late.
Sounds like you have a great Epcot day. How long did you wait to return for your LLSP and did the CM provide you any range of time to use your late LL?

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest