Plan Ahead with Lightning Lane Entry at Walt Disney World Starting July 24

FYI Right now for CMs staying on site with others using guest passes you might have to call in to 407-939-4357 to get it fixed in the app, sometimes it's not reading them as eligible

Last edited:
Apologies if this has already been answered - I haven't been following this thread, went back 5-6 pages but did not see any discussion on it...

I just want to verify - for an Annual Pass holder that isn't staying on-site, you still need to wake up at 7am everyday to book LLMP, just shifted to 3-days earlier right? So for out of state APs like myself that go to the parks multiple days in a row, if you don't stay on-site, the last 3 days of vacation you can sleep in (unless you need a VQ), but every other day (including 1 to 3 days before you leave) you'd need to wake up early to buy it and hope there is still some kind of availability left. Same for anyone who has a non-dated ticket?

2 of my group will be using their main gate pass. Can I include 5hem when I’m booking MLL LL? They are in my friends and family list and on our room reservations.

Apologies if this has already been answered - I haven't been following this thread, went back 5-6 pages but did not see any discussion on it...

I just want to verify - for an Annual Pass holder that isn't staying on-site, you still need to wake up at 7am everyday to book LLMP, just shifted to 3-days earlier right? So for out of state APs like myself that go to the parks multiple days in a row, if you don't stay on-site, the last 3 days of vacation you can sleep in (unless you need a VQ), but every other day (including 1 to 3 days before you leave) you'd need to wake up early to buy it and hope there is still some kind of availability left. Same for anyone who has a non-dated ticket?
I don’t think that you have to do it day by day. You can do it for all days in your

Not every day, but three days ahead for the length of your reservation. Beginning at that time, you can book ahead every day for your whole trip. MDE will know the length of your park reservations.

This is from MDE:

“When You Can Purchase Lightning Lane Passes
Guests can start purchasing Lightning Lane passes here in the app for days they have valid theme park admission beginning at 7:00 AM Eastern Time on their first day of eligibility, defined as follows:
Guests of Disney Resort Hotels and Other Select Hotels* 
Seven (7) days before the first day of your Resort stay for your length of stay (up to 14 days).
Guests with date-based theme park tickets (which require you to choose a start date at the time of purchase) 
Three (3) days before the first day of your ticket, for the total number of valid admission days of your ticket.
Guests with other ticket types**
Three (3) days before your park visit.
Annual Passholders** 

Depending on your admission type and the date of your visit, you may need a valid theme park reservation for the same park on the same date.
Purchase Lightning Lane Passes
Lightning Lane passes are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Lightning Lane passes, attractions and experiences may vary by date, are subject to change or closure, are limited in availability and are not guaranteed, and may not be available at all on the date of visit or at the time you make a selection. Price, terms and entitlements are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice.”

2 of my group will be using their main gate pass. Can I include 5hem when I’m booking MLL LL? They are in my friends and family list and on our room reservations.
Yes, I had no problem with the CM Main Gate Pass. CM's still need to make park reservations for their pass. So if they are on your resort reservation, then yes 7 days out.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but when modifying a selection you get presented with a single time slot, however on the confirmation screen you can choose any available time slot

I don’t think that you have to do it day by day. You can do it for all days in your

Not every day, but three days ahead for the length of your reservation. Beginning at that time, you can book ahead every day for your whole trip. MDE will know the length of your park reservations.

This is from MDE:

“When You Can Purchase Lightning Lane Passes
Guests can start purchasing Lightning Lane passes here in the app for days they have valid theme park admission beginning at 7:00 AM Eastern Time on their first day of eligibility, defined as follows:
Guests of Disney Resort Hotels and Other Select Hotels* 
Seven (7) days before the first day of your Resort stay for your length of stay (up to 14 days).
Guests with date-based theme park tickets (which require you to choose a start date at the time of purchase) 
Three (3) days before the first day of your ticket, for the total number of valid admission days of your ticket.
Guests with other ticket types**
Annual Passholders** 

Depending on your admission type and the date of your visit, you may need a valid theme park reservation for the same park on the same date.
Purchase Lightning Lane Passes
Lightning Lane passes are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Lightning Lane passes, attractions and experiences may vary by date, are subject to change or closure, are limited in availability and are not guaranteed, and may not be available at all on the date of visit or at the time you make a selection. Price, terms and entitlements are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice.”

Thats what confuses me - the website says "Annual Passholders, Three (3) days before your park visit." It doesn't say anything about length of stay or having multiple park passes in a row.

The * actually says:

"*Annual Passholders and Guests with tickets that are not date-based may purchase Lightning Lane passes for any day within the 3-day purchase window. When staying at a Disney Resort hotel or other select hotel, Lightning Lane passes may be purchased 7 days in advance of your stay."

Curious if anyone in practice has done this and if they like you said made multiple park reservations, could they purchase LLMP for multiple days? Or is it a rolling 3-days (in other words, 3 days before my trip starts I could book LLMP for day 1, then 2 days before my trip starts I could book LLMP for day 2, etc)..

I get that I could purchase the first day of my trip for Days 1-3, but wondering if I wanted to purchase at the earliest I could - as an AP not staying on-site, am I waking up at 7am everyday anyway, just shifted by 3 days?

Thats what confuses me - the website says "Annual Passholders, Three (3) days before your park visit." It doesn't say anything about length of stay or having multiple park passes in a row.
If you are on-site then you have a 7 day advanced purchase window for your entire lenght of stay up to 14 days. Please note that you are still required to make a Park reservation since you are using an AP.

Curious if anyone in practice has done this and if they like you said made multiple park reservations, could they purchase LLMP for multiple days? Or is it a rolling 3-days (in other words, 3 days before my trip starts I could book LLMP for day 1, then 2 days before my trip starts I could book LLMP for day 2, etc)..
If you are not on-site then you have a 3 day advanced purchase window based on the limit(s) based on your AP level.
Each AP provides a different number of theme park reservations—made via the theme park reservation system: Disney Incredi-Pass: Up to 5 reservations held at a time. Disney Sorcerer Pass: Up to 5 reservations held at a time. Disney Pirate Pass: Up to 4 reservations held at a time.
That means that for your Disney Incredi-Pass: Up to 5 day at a time reservations held at a time for example. Please note that you are still required to make a Park reservation since you are using an AP.

I get that I could purchase the first day of my trip for Days 1-3, but wondering if I wanted to purchase at the earliest I could - as an AP not staying on-site, am I waking up at 7am everyday anyway, just shifted by 3 days?
In summary if you are on-site then you can book 7 days before your resort stay and if you have a Disney Pirate Pass then you can book for lenght of your resort stay. Your on-site stay overrides any shorter limits. So your AP - Disney Pirate Pass: Up to 4 reservations would be 7 days in lenght if your resort reservation was 7 days. You do not need purchase your LLMP / LLSP daily. Please note that you are still required to make a Park reservation since you are using an AP.

Is that clear enough?

Dave

After using your first lightning lane can you modify your next to another park? Alternately, if you only prebook your tier 1, after you use it can you book your unused tier 2s at another park? I’m planning on going to Epcot and hs on the same day and am only interested in using lightning lane at Epcot for ratatouille.

If you are on-site then you have a 7 day advanced purchase window for your entire lenght of stay up to 14 days. Please note that you are still required to make a Park reservation since you are using an AP.

If you are not on-site then you have a 3 day advanced purchase window based on the limit(s) based on your AP level.
Each AP provides a different number of theme park reservations—made via the theme park reservation system: Disney Incredi-Pass: Up to 5 reservations held at a time. Disney Sorcerer Pass: Up to 5 reservations held at a time. Disney Pirate Pass: Up to 4 reservations held at a time.
That means that for your Disney Incredi-Pass: Up to 5 day at a time reservations held at a time for example. Please note that you are still required to make a Park reservation since you are using an AP.

In summary if you are on-site then you can book 7 days before your resort stay and if you have a Disney Pirate Pass then you can book for lenght of your resort stay. Your on-site stay overrides any shorter limits. So your AP - Disney Pirate Pass: Up to 4 reservations would be 7 days in lenght if your resort reservation was 7 days. You do not need purchase your LLMP / LLSP daily. Please note that you are still required to make a Park reservation since you are using an AP.

Is that clear enough?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks - I think I understand how it works if I'm staying on-site. Appreciate you explaining it.

My question is what if I am not staying onsite? For a 5-day trip with 5-park pass reservations already made, do I need to wake up at 7am each day (just shifted to 3 days before my trip on a rolling basis) to buy LLMP or only once?

You said it is based on the limits of my AP level. So, in my case I have a Sorcerer Pass with 5 park passes allowed. If I've already made park pass reservations for 5-days in a row, lets pretend as an example my dates are August 1st - 5th. I am staying offsite at Orlando World Center Marriott (just using this as a hypothetical since this hotel does not qualify for the 7-day onsite booking).

3-days before my trip, on Monday 7/29/24 - can I purchase LLMP for August 1st - 5th as I have park reservations for each day?

Or, do I need to wake up at 7am on 7/29/24 to purchase for 8/1/24. Then on 7/30/24 wake up at 7am to purchase for 8/2/24, then on 7/31/24 wake up at 7am to purchase for 8/3/24 and so on?

This assumes I want to buy LLMP as early as possible.

I understand I need to make park pass reservations still.

Here now: I couldn't modify times for anything at AK today. Dinosaur had a 15 min wait, but I couldn't modify from 11:20 to 10:20 because we got to the park earlier than planned, so we waited in standby. But, for tomorrow at Epcot I modified a time and it was fine and I was able to get earlier times. Hopefully that will get better over time as kinks get ironed out. I don't know how it will all work at holiday time with insane crowds if its tough to modify now in the slower months.

If I am staying on-site at a deluxe and take advantage of Extended Evening Hours, am I able to use the LLMP to books rides for the Extended Hours?

3-days before my trip, on Monday 7/29/24 - can I purchase LLMP for August 1st - 5th as I have park reservations for each day?
Yes (1) early day on Monday 7/29 and you are able to book for your 5 days based on you having a Sorcerer Pass (AP) with 5 park passes allowed.

Just a reminder you don't need to purchase LLMP / LLSP for every day. It is your choice.

Dave

Yes (1) early day on Monday 7/29 and you are able to book for your 5 days based on you having a Sorcerer Pass (AP) with 5 park passes allowed.

Just a reminder you don't need to purchase LLMP / LLSP for every day. It is your choice.

Dave
Thanks for clarifying this. I had the same questions as @Liquidice as an AP staying offsite but who will have 5 days of park reservations. Glad my trip isn't until December though so the dust has time to settle.

Did our first park day today at AK. We were a group of 21. You can actually make reservations on LLMP for 20 people at once, which made it so much easier than trying to do 2 groups of 10 & 11.

We had prebooked Kilamanjaro Safari for 9am and got Dinosaur for 12:50 on tapping in.

We had prebooked Navi for 10:15am and got Everest for 5:15.

We had prebooked Kali River for 4pm and we're not park hopping so didn't bother getting another fp.

It worked smoothly, all things considered for a group of 21. I'm most nervous about availability on our Magic Kingdom Day.

I think the new LLMP system would work fine for our family of 4 (usual trips) Easier to refresh for smaller group.

I know this isn't much data, but hope it helps someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest