Plan Ahead with Lightning Lane Entry at Walt Disney World Starting July 24

When you tap into one, you can book another.
Yes, it appears that the new LL Multi allows guests to book a 4th attraction after the first is tapped or ridden - and that attraction can be at any park. Some are reading it can be either Tier 1 or Tier 2 for the additional booking, but I'm not certain of that one. With the old FP+, you couldn't book another until the first 3 were ridden. Guests can then book a 5th after the second is tapped/ridden, etc - assuming there's much of interest available by then.....

Does anyone have an idea of how this will work with friends/family? We have two people coming on our trip that have their own MDE accounts, but I would like to make the reservations in advance for all of us.

will that even be possible?
Seems like that part should be the same as G+ is/was - if they're on your reservation (or at least staying at a WDW resort), sharing plans with you and in your F&F on the app, you should be able to reserve and pay for them in advance - just remember, you'll be paying!!

"My point is the app and Genie + were developed and made to perform all purchasing and using of that part of the app while you are on site in the US. and rather than develop the updated LL part of the app properly to allow for international guest to purchase it, they just switched the name and made the functionality parts work but didn’t change that aspect and didn't have any desire too. 🙄🙄"

I'd bet a lot of money this is exactly what happened. And they didn't consider the unintended consequences.

And are probably scrambling to fix it. I hope.

What I find hard to believe is that so many people are "ok" with paying more money on top of an already expensive park ticket

I don't think anyone is "OK" with it - let's face it, it's a complete money grab on Disney's part - but if you do want to get that kind of beat-the-line access then you need to decide whether the cost is worth it to you. As a family group of six, I very much doubt we'll use it at all - it could be $250 a day extra! We'll see how we do with resort-guest early rope drop access, and/or trying during parades or last thing at night before the park closes.

And why would anyone pay the same exorbitant fee for on-the-day, or even three-day early, access when resort guests snagged all the best options 7 days ago?

Still need to sort out the whole international resort guest situation too - if it is indeed as restrictive as they appear to be saying (which is still an unknown) then that needs fixing before the process goes live.

I do like the overall idea though - it seems fairer than Genie+ was - but it's still far too expensive, and only even worth thinking about if you get access to full early availability.

Andre

Seems like that part should be the same as G+ is/was - if they're on your reservation (or at least staying at a WDW resort), sharing plans with you and in your F&F on the app, you should be able to reserve and pay for them in advance - just remember, you'll be paying!!

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering - can they buy their own then I make reservations? We arrive a day early so I wanted to make the reservations for entire trip, then when they can purchase all their days the next day, try and modify my reservations to include them. I guess I will have to see how it works.

Do we know at what time on the 24th this can be purchased? I’ve been scouring the available info and cannot find it.

Does early access for resort guests start on the 24th? I assumed that was going to be the first day that the system was available in the parks, so early bookings would commence on the 17th. Could be wrong there though.

Andre

Just got this from Disney:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and for being one of our valued Annual Passholders!

While we appreciate your concern, Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lightning Lane Single Pass features will be available to Guests from other countries, they will be able to begin their pre-arrival planning on the My Disney Experience Mobile App after they reach the United States. (🙄🙄🙄)

Please be assured that we have shared your comments with our Leadership team, along with the appropriate management, as feedback such as yours is taken very seriously.

For future information about Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lightning Lane Single Pass services please keep an eye on our website and our official Disney Parks Blog.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-WDW-PASS (407-939-7277) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website. When calling, at the voice prompt, please state "Passholder Help Desk" to be routed to our department. Cast Members are available from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week. We will be happy to assist you further.

We hope you have a magical day!
My Response:

Thank you for the reply. In it, you state the following:

While we appreciate your concern, Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lightning Lane Single Pass features will be available to Guests from other countries, they will be able to begin their pre-arrival planning on the My Disney Experience Mobile App after they reach the United States.

This is the entire problem. As Disney is likely aware, international guests including Canadians such as myself, do not arrive for our vacation any sooner than perhaps the day before our Disney stay. Most often, it is the day of. This puts us at a distinct disadvantage of the new LL system and in fact puts us behind guests that stay off property! Again, as a long time DVC member as well as AP holder and visiting multiple times a year, this decision by Disney to not even consider this issue when moving over to the new system, makes us feel like second class guests.

If Disney values us and the many other international guests/members (likely in the hundreds of thousands) they will correct this issue, which should be no more than a bit of programming.

I sincerely hope this issue gets resolved so that we do not have to feel like we are less important than guest/members in the US, and most importantly, have the same experience that everyone else has.

Regards

In thinking about this even further, I am allowed to make dining reservations well in advance, and they use my CC to hold them. Last trip, I booked Cinderella's castle and paid for that in advance, so the payment issue shouldn't be a thing!

Just got a response from Disney about my email. I expressed my displeasure about international guests not being able to book until arriving in the USA. I clearly said that based on my experience with Genie+ and fast pass, the headliner rides will be gone before we are eligible.

The response?

“While we appreciate your concern, Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lightning Lane Single Pass features will be available to Guests from other countries, they will be able to begin their pre-arrival planning on the My Disney Experience Mobile App after they reach the United States.”

I feel completely ignored. 😞

Lot of questions about booking, park hopping, new bookings, etc. Thought maybe, after my research, laying out my tentative plans for our first two days in our upcoming (August) trip might give folk a sense of what can be done in a couple different scenarios?

Of course assuming as a Canadian I can purchase in advance, I will get the Multi-Pass as well as buy some Single LLs (ILL as they used to be called). So:

DAY ONE: MK in the morning, DHS in the afternoon
In advance - purchase Single LL for Tron for the morning, RotR in the afternoon, and LL selections for DHS in the afternoon (for example, SDD, ToT, TSMM)
Day of: Try for VQ for Tron at 7AM. Rope drop MK, use standby lines, have lunch, etc. Head over to DHS in the afternoon. After tapping in for first pre-booked LL make another selection, and so on. Based on experience in the evening there with Genie+ there are usually spots available for many rides (with re-rides unfortunately no longer an option). My one question is, which I haven't seen a definitive answer to, is do the tiers go away day of? I thought I saw they do, which makes sense? That is, once you are allowed to make another selection, it can be any ride at any park. Hope that's true.

DAY TWO: DHS in the morning, EPCOT in the afternoon
In advance - purchase Single LL for RotR for the morning, GotG in the afternoon, and LL selections for DHS in morning
Day of: Try for VQ for GotG at 7AM, hopefully for a boarding time later in the day. Do DHS in the morning and after tapping in first LL look to book rides in EPCOT for later in the day, and start stacking them as we use our pre-books.

I get to those unfamiliar with the Disney systems the above may seem stressful and convoluted. It isn't, really, and of course some of what we'll be doing is not necessary to avoid many lines, and have an enjoyable time.

Just got a response from Disney about my email. I expressed my displeasure about international guests not being able to book until arriving in the USA. I clearly said that based on my experience with Genie+ and fast pass, the headliner rides will be gone before we are eligible.

The response?

“While we appreciate your concern, Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lightning Lane Single Pass features will be available to Guests from other countries, they will be able to begin their pre-arrival planning on the My Disney Experience Mobile App after they reach the United States.”

I feel completely ignored. 😞

yep, that is just a generic response they send to anyone. sucks

Just got this from Disney:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort and for being one of our valued Annual Passholders!

While we appreciate your concern, Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lightning Lane Single Pass features will be available to Guests from other countries, they will be able to begin their pre-arrival planning on the My Disney Experience Mobile App after they reach the United States. (🙄🙄🙄)

Please be assured that we have shared your comments with our Leadership team, along with the appropriate management, as feedback such as yours is taken very seriously.

For future information about Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lightning Lane Single Pass services please keep an eye on our website and our official Disney Parks Blog.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-WDW-PASS (407-939-7277) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website. When calling, at the voice prompt, please state "Passholder Help Desk" to be routed to our department. Cast Members are available from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week. We will be happy to assist you further.

We hope you have a magical day!
My Response:

Thank you for the reply. In it, you state the following:

While we appreciate your concern, Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lightning Lane Single Pass features will be available to Guests from other countries, they will be able to begin their pre-arrival planning on the My Disney Experience Mobile App after they reach the United States.

This is the entire problem. As Disney is likely aware, international guests including Canadians such as myself, do not arrive for our vacation any sooner than perhaps the day before our Disney stay. Most often, it is the day of. This puts us at a distinct disadvantage of the new LL system and in fact puts us behind guests that stay off property! Again, as a long time DVC member as well as AP holder and visiting multiple times a year, this decision by Disney to not even consider this issue when moving over to the new system, makes us feel like second class guests.

If Disney values us and the many other international guests/members (likely in the hundreds of thousands) they will correct this issue, which should be no more than a bit of programming.

I sincerely hope this issue gets resolved so that we do not have to feel like we are less important than guest/members in the US, and most importantly, have the same experience that everyone else has.

Regards

In thinking about this even further, I am allowed to make dining reservations well in advance, and they use my CC to hold them. Last trip, I booked Cinderella's castle and paid for that in advance, so the payment issue shouldn't be a thing!
I got the exact same response - word for word. 😞😞

Does early access for resort guests start on the 24th? I assumed that was going to be the first day that the system was available in the parks, so early bookings would commence on the 17th. Could be wrong there though.

Andre
I arrive on the 25th and am staying onsite. Based on what I have read I will be able to book for my whole trip on the 24th. So it's going to be crazy on the 24th with everyone that is arriving and staying on site between the 24th and 31st all booking. Also those staying off site through the 27th. Going to be seeing a lot of stitch that morning I'm sure.

It looks like Disney is holding firm for now on the U.S.-only requirement for prebooking. Something tells me they are going to wait until they have remedied whatever technical problems accompany the roll-out before they do anything about this rule. I speculate months, at minimum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest