Plan Ahead with Lightning Lane Entry at Walt Disney World Starting July 24

Agree!

To take it a step further, I don't get why Disney doesn't allow you to book at more than one park for your first 3 selections.

For example, if I'm going to MK during the day and DHS at night with a hopper, why can't I book SDD for my tier 1 and HM and POTC with my tier 2s??

That would be so much more flexible to me.
It wouldn’t surprise me if they added this capability later. FP+ kept morphing throughout its tenure too

No one may yet know the answer to this, but since our trip begins a few days before the end of July, I would like to find out in advance if possible.

If a family of 4 pre-books an attraction and only 3 ride it, can it be cancelled for the 4th person and all 4 then get a pass for another attraction? Here is what I predict for our family- one of our kiddos is NOT a morning person but gets up really early at Disney. The other is NOT a morning person and has no problem sleeping in at Disney and letting the family go on, joining us 2 hours later. If everyone in the group has to tap in at an attraction in order to try to get another one, then I predict these two kiddos fighting the entire trip. Either the one will sleep in and the other will be mad because we cannot try for our next multi-pass time, or the one will get up earlier than they want and resent the other one for making her feel guilty about it.

No one may yet know the answer to this, but since our trip begins a few days before the end of July, I would like to find out in advance if possible.

If a family of 4 pre-books an attraction and only 3 ride it, can it be cancelled for the 4th person and all 4 then get a pass for another attraction? Here is what I predict for our family- one of our kiddos is NOT a morning person but gets up really early at Disney. The other is NOT a morning person and has no problem sleeping in at Disney and letting the family go on, joining us 2 hours later. If everyone in the group has to tap in at an attraction in order to try to get another one, then I predict these two kiddos fighting the entire trip. Either the one will sleep in and the other will be mad because we cannot try for our next multi-pass time, or the one will get up earlier than they want and resent the other one for making her feel guilty about it.
They say you can modify, so the one who sleeps in cancels the first one and then book the 4th for everyone. I am a non rider for some rides, that is how I deal with it.

I'm reading that VPN won't work because it's through location services on the phone. Unfortunately, my party can't take the risk of trying because we are arriving on July 27th. I can't believe i'm actually typing the words, but on the 24th we are going to drive down to the states to do the selections. I've done a lot of hoop jumping for the mouse, but this one takes the cake.
debating on doing the same, since about 2-3hrs to a border ... absolutely ridiculous

I just think the wording is poor from Disney, and Canadians will be okay, because we can download the app, and we have been able to prebook LL's in the APP from outside the US with Genie plus.

But that's just my opinion, we won't know for sure until the new system rolls out.
I think the best way to describe this is something along the lines of: In order to prebook you must have access to and the ability to use the MDE app.
And I agree that until roll out and probably tweaks, we won't know for sure about anything

If a family of 4 pre-books an attraction and only 3 ride it, can it be cancelled for the 4th person and all 4 then get a pass for another attraction?
Yes, if the new system is similar to Genie+. You can cancel or modify a ride for anyone in your party. The booking rule applies to each person individually, not the entire party.

Something like Silver rides (can pre-select 2), Gold rides (can pre-select 1), and Platinum rides (separate, extra charge for LL)

Also, if fewer people purchase, it will mean more availability for those who do purchase, providing better value for the cost.
What I find hard to believe is that so many people are "ok" with paying more money on top of an already expensive park ticket for either just a single ride or for a faster line to get on an attraction.

What I find hard to believe is that so many people are "ok" with paying more money on top of an already expensive park ticket for either just a single ride or for a faster line to get on an attraction.
A lot depends on your individual situation, especially, your length of stay.

We've been doing only short trips - 3 nights. If you are staying a week, waiting 60 minutes instead of 15-20 makes a lot of sense, as you save hundreds of dollars and will get to experience all the attractions. But, if you only have a few hours in the parks, it makes sense to purchase.

You will be able to buy both LL multi pass and single pass at the same time, but they are requiring you to choose one park for advanced selections.

So, you will have to choose your initial park for the day, book the three, and once you use one, can secure another at a different park.

We park hop a lot so our plan is to do three earlier in the day at one park, and as we use, book some for later in the day for thr park we go to at night….
Just to make sure I'm clear: We can book the ILL (i.e. Tron, Flights of Passage, SDMT, RoTR) in advance as well and prepay? I saw somewhere else on this thread you still had to wake up at 7am for the ILL and want to make sure I'm understanding, we're there 7/26!

Just to make sure I'm clear: We can book the ILL (i.e. Tron, Flights of Passage, SDMT, RoTR) in advance as well and prepay? I saw somewhere else on this thread you still had to wake up at 7am for the ILL and want to make sure I'm understanding, we're there 7/26!
You can book those in advance, starting on Jul 24. If you want to try for the VQ for Tron or GotG, you will need to still be up at 7am, or wait until you are in the park at 1pm.

For me it’s less about being ok and more about “it is what it is.” Time is money at WDW, and if I can afford to save that time, I’m likely to pay.

For us it's an "in for a penny, in for a pound" mentality - of course we'd rather not pay extra, but we prefer that over waiting in long lines. We've used Genie+ on our last two trips and it helped make our experience so much more enjoyable (waiting in long lines with little kids is not my idea of a vacation). If we're already paying for the expensive park ticket, it makes sense to us to pay a little extra for a better experience.

For us it's an "in for a penny, in for a pound" mentality - of course we'd rather not pay extra, but we prefer that over waiting in long lines. We've used Genie+ on our last two trips and it helped make our experience so much more enjoyable (waiting in long lines with little kids is not my idea of a vacation). If we're already paying for the expensive park ticket, it makes sense to us to pay a little extra for a better experience.
Exactly this. Would I rather not pay for it? Of course! But I also really appreciate the ability to make the most of our time, ride every ride, and not stand in lines for hours with three young kids. For us, it's more than worth it to get to maximize our trip. And I do also keep in mind that I can't think of any park who doesn't charge for skip the line access these days, and as of now, Disney's is still one of lower cost options to do so.

There was a discussion on the DVC threads and I posted this:

Here’s the thing that I am realizing regarding the international issue. Disney IT is terrible. I took my son and DIL to Disney a few years ago and they had their own room. There was a mix up with the names on the reservation and my name was on both rooms. so I called and they took me off one of them. Since then I have never been able to do online check in. They did something in the background and now it thinks I am my son. I am petty positive about this but despite many calls they cannot figure out the issue.

My point is the app and Genie + were developed and made to perform all purchasing and using of that part of the app while you are on site in the US. and rather than develop the updated LL part of the app properly to allow for international guest to purchase it, they just switched the name and made the functionality parts work but didn’t change that aspect and didn't have any desire too. 🙄🙄

Having said this, I was thinking that perhaps Canadians will be ok, as we have always been kind of lumped in with the US in regards to MDE. I have no experience in how it work in the UK and EU. We can book dining, tickets, and other things, so maybe this will work out. It is still really s--tty that they rolled it out with no consideration for international guests/members. Hopefully the flurry of feedback they have surely gotten and will continue to get makes them change course......

Do we know at what time on the 24th this can be purchased? I’ve been scouring the available info and cannot find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest