Pirates Cruise?

Kris-PA

Earning My Ears
I've read about the Pirate Cruise on wdwig. I think my 7 year old son would really enjoy it. Does anyone have first-hand knowledge of the cruise? Thanks in advance.

I don't have firsthand knowledge, but I've read great things about it and tried to book it for my trip last month. It was booked solid. I get the feeling that it is one of those things you need to book as early as possible.

My DD(she was almost 6yo) did this in Nov. What would you like to know?

I'll go ahead and tell you alittle about it. We made ressies ahead of time and used a CC to hold our spot. It was not charged and we paid cash when we got there. It leaves from the marina at the GF. You need to arrive 10min. before. They give the kids a bandana to wear with a name tag on it. Then each kid gets a partner. They have 2 CM's with the kids. They all wear life preservers. They leave and get to stop at each resort's beach area. They hunt for treasure and they eat lunch. Juice boxes, PB&J. They each get a bag of "loot". It's filled with little toys, jewels, etc. Parents can't go along. You do get a beeper just incase your child is missing you and such. As long as there is no lightening, but raining they still have the cruise. It rained the day DD had to go. She had such a wonderful time! The kids were a big age range and mixed with boys and girls.

Let me know if that helps and if you have any specific questions!

we sent DS on this when he was 5. He loved it!!!! (it was so cute watching that boat return and hearing all those kids singing pirate songs. He was just beside himself telling us details of his journey all day! not to mention he constantly re-inventoried his bag of loot for about 3 days.)

i give it a big thumbs up.

- lori

My 8 year-old daughter has gone on the pirate cruise 3 times and is booked for her 4th journey in June. She loves it. It is a must do.

I booked it at the 90 day mark because it does fill up quickly.

7 year old good age. My DS went when he was 10 and was bored. My DD was 7 and loved it.

If your child will not eat PG&J - call 24 hours in advance and request a different snack.

I sent my DD with a water bottle with her name on it - she does
not do apple juice. I was also able to get her a butter sandwhich.

Remember it's only a snack. Do breakfast before. They get off the
boat around 11 am, so do lunch around 12:30 or 1 pm - 2 hours AFTER the boat snack.

Parents - remember to bring ID.
They do not release the children to anyone - even if the child
identifies you are their parent. YOU must have ID on you to
pick up your child from the dock.

ALSO - life vests must be worne by the children. They come in
extra small child to adult extra large. No problem fitting any
size child with a life vest.

They visit each of the resort beaches on Bay Lake.
Poke in the sand for treasure.
Each a snack on one beach.
(never actually find treasure - do not tell your kids)
Get a loot bag (goody party bag) when depart from the boat.
They wear red bandana's.
Have your video camera ready when the boat returns-
they may be singing "A Pirate's Life For Me" upon return.

2 CM's are on each boat with the kids.
Make your PS early. The Pirate Cruise fills up fast.

Parents - go to the GF cafe while the kids are out and
have a cup of coffee with your spouse. This may be
the only time on your vacation you can have a quiet
converastion with your spouse ;)

enjoy !

PS - next time my kids want to do the Famliy Magic Tour at MK.
They have out grown Pirate Cruises and Tea parties :chat:

Hi WALT2DAY,

Thanks for all the great info. I am also thinking of sending DSs ages 4&6 on the Pirate Cruise. I was worried since they cannot swim if they wore the lifejackets ALL the time. That is reassuring since you cannot accompany them. I am very weird about leaving my kids anywhere but with relatives, known sitters, or school. But I am certain that nothing would happen to them in Disney care, so I am getting excited about sending them. I know they will love it. Thanks, too about the 24 ahead "special" meal request. DS6 doesn't like PB&J, so maybe I can order something else. Is there a deposit involved, and if so is it refundable? Our dates of travel may shift after the 90 ressie period, and I wonder about that. Doesn't matter, I will take my chances. Thanks again for the info!

We are planning to send our kids on this in July. I do have one question though. There are three of them and you mentioned a partner, do you think they will allow all three to be partners or will one have to have a stranger? I just want to prepare them before they go so it is not unpleasant when we get there.

DS 9, DD 6, DS 4 did the Pirate Cruise last October. They had a blast !!!! The kids are paired off with a buddy before they board the pontoon boat, and ate peanut butter and jelly lunches, searched for buried treasure, and had loot to divide at the end of the trip. The voyage lasted for about 1 1/2 hours. Highly recommended !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter