Pirates closing?

xmelissax

Mouseketeer
I read on the Disneyland site that Pirates and Blue Bayou will be closed when some friends are coming in March, then I heard they're re doing it completely?What's the story on this? When does it close, how long till it reopens? Thanks!

It will be closed from March 6 to June 24 so that they can revamp it. They will be adding characters (Jack Sparrow & Captain Barbosa) from the movie.

Is there actually verified information (printed fact, not just rumors) that POTC will be revamped with characters from the movie? Not that I don't believe you, it's just that I don't WANT to believe it. I honestly don't know if I will be able to go on it again if they do that. I will, to see it, but that might be it. And don't get me wrong, I LOVED the movie, I LOVE Johnny Depp, and Orlando Bloom, but I just think it's such a shame if it's true they are actually going to change a classic like that. Seems like a bit of a sell out. I wouldn't mind if they did an overlay for the premiere in July or throughout the summer or something, but to change it forever seems like a travesty. Thoughts?

Ariel :)

Yes, I just searched for it and found the press release. It's happening in WDW too. How horribly sad. Like I said, I love the movie, but there is no need to change the ride. It's classic Disney nostalgia which will now be tainted by box office dollar signs. I hope I can get down there to ride the "real" Pirates one last time before it's gone.

Ariel :(

The ride is extremely dated now. Change is good. It can't saty the way it is forever more. Just look forward to seeing a new version of Pirates. It'll be better than ever before. I just know it will. The new AA's and special effects (can't wait to see them - the rumors sound amazing - and they don't sound impossible with the things available today) will make it even more amazing than ever before!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter