Piper's Practically Perfect PTR..Wish Trip! 3/2-8...Upd Pg 126- TR Link!! Hooray!

First off..to assure everyone..I'm done packing!!! :lmao: After speaking with Piper's Dr this afternoon, and thinking about it for most of the evening, we will NOT be taking her O2 tank or pulse ox with us. Before this past yr, it wouldn't even have been a question..she was only on O2 when she was in the hospital. The past six months were what really made me think about it. She's doing excellent right now, and our thought is that she is not going to go into a full-on exacerbation in the space of seven days..and also..if she does get that bad within that time frame, she's going to have to go to the ER anyway. And now, onto the wrap-up that I promised. After I post it, I'm going to head to bed..I may check in the am if I have time, but we'll see how it goes!

When I started this PTR, I had no idea what I was getting myself into, and what kind of nuts I was going to end up calling good friends! ;) Piper and I had talked about her making a wish when she was 12 for a long time. I wanted her to be able to make a good decision, and not one she would regret later on, or worse, not even remember experiencing. The past two years though, changed my mind. She has been through so much with her lungs, I couldn't justify putting it off, especially when I knew she wanted to go to WDW, and that she was the perfect age for it. (Although..is any age not perfect? If someone had asked me a year ago, I would have said it was mostly for kids, the boards have changed my mind on that, among other things.)

I had no idea that our little PTR would end up with over 36,000 hits, and over 1,000 posts. The response to Piper and our story has completely overwhelmed me. I am so grateful to the people who "pimped out" our PTR..yes, Jordan and Maroo, I mean you! It means so much to me to see how happy she's been for the past few months planning the trip, commenting on the thread, and being involved in the Big Give. Her wish trip is still a wish trip, but it's come to mean so much more than that. An experience that I'm sure we would have remembered with joy, will be remembered with joy, awe, gratitude..so much more than it would have been without the boards, and all of you who have followed along with us, and became what I consider to be a part of our extended family.

I honestly started writing this update thinking, okay, I'm not going to make anyone cry this time..lol..I was wrong, I'm sitting here crying again as I type, but I have to say I haven't minded it so much the past few months, because all the tears have been good tears. Instead of crying where she can't see me because I just had to access her port and I know she hates it.. instead of crying as she came out of some procedure drugged up and inconsolable.. instead of crying that her lung functions had gone down again. It is such a wonderful change! I could never ever thank anyone who has been involved in our story through our PTR enough. We will be thinking of all of you over the next week as we experience her wish, and as I said before, all of you will be with us in spirit. I had commented on my first post that I wanted to be able to make this the best trip possible..little did I know that it would be partially me, but mostly you guys that would make that happen. Thank you all again! :grouphug:

Just had to get in one last- Have a great trip!!!! Just think- less than 9 hours until your limo arrives and you leave in style for the world!!

Oh and tell Piper that Aleks said, "Oh my gosh!! She gets to go in a limo, how cool!" I think I forgot to tell her that earlier. :lmao: She told me to tell her to have fun and to go on Maelstrom near the princess dining place in Norway! lol

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Thank you, Jenn! :hug: I'll be sure and tell Piper in the morning!

:yay: I made it on in time to tell you to have a Great Trip!! :cool1:

Thank you, Jennifer..we'll see you on Thurs, if not before! :goodvibes:

ALL THE TIME!! :goodvibes

I second that emotion! ;)

Im so excited for you guys and that was beautifully written! I think of you and Piper often and am sorry that I have not been able to spend more time on the boards. Alyssa has been dealing with a lot and my step father has been very ill and it just eats up my days. I just feel blessed that I too found this board and "met" the amazing people here and shared stories with you and so many others. Alyssa asked me today if I had heard from you or Piper and i had to hang my head and tell he how rotten I was for losing track of all that was going on. I peek in when I can. I dont think we met here by chance, there is a reason!! Hugs and talk to ya soon! I still feel the magic like we just left GKTW today, you are going to have an amazing time! Hug Piper for me and tell her Alyssa says hi and she too is super excited!

Chrissi..Please don't feel bad, I know life happens. Piper still wears the bracelet Alyssa made for her, though I've made her take it off for the trip (It's loose, and I was afraid she would lose it, which would make her horribly upset!). I will definitely relay Alyssa's message..we need to exchange numbers..it makes it a lot easier! :hug:

Here we goooooooooooo- weeeeeeeeeeeee- oooooooooooooo!!!

That's from a Far Side cartoon where 2 castaways are adrift on a life raft. One's about to puke, the other's sitting in the front leaning over the raft giddy with excitement over the waves. I think it's pretty funny! :lmao:

I knew I loved you for a really great reason! :laughing: :hug:
I use to sit on the floor in card stores reading through Far Side cartoons, I had to sit on the floor because I would be laughing so hard I had to sit to keep from falling over. :laughing:
My favorite is the one where the kid is trying to pull the door open, even has a foot planted aside of the door he's trying so hard to get open. Then you see the sign on the door above the kids head and it says push, then you look and see the sign for the school which reads....MIDVALE SCHOOL FOR THE GIFTED

:rotfl2::rotfl2: <---me on the floor

My second fav. are the two mosquitoes on a human and one is blowing up like a tick in rapid form and the other is screaming "PULL OUT! PULL OUT!! YOU HIT AN ARTERY!!

:lmao::lmao:

:confused3 Maybe you had to be there.

I'm so happy the time has come Amanda, I know we already talked tonight on the phone and I've prayed travel blessings over you, mama and Miss Piper, but I didn't want everyone to think I wasn't sending you off with well wishes. :lovestruc
I love you and Piper tons, keep safe and go out there and have a total blast! Just be sure to come back with lots of stories to tell. :goodvibes

And just to add more kicks and giggles:

How about the one of 2 moose or elk- I don't know which, It doesn't matter- standing the forest. One has a giant bulls eye target on his chest. The other non-chalantly says, " Bummer of a birthmark, Al."

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Just wanted to say a last "we'll see you soon!" post! To let you and Piper know Im thinking of you this morning! Ty says have an awsome trip!! And I say enjoy your magical journey this week!!:hug:

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!! Look forward to reading your trip report! Enjoy every minute.

Love to you and Piper!

Much love to you both and hope you have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to share it with you when you get back :hug:

Tracy

I can not wait to meet you guys!!!

Piper is an amazing little girl.

Jordan definitely brought awareness to your pretrippie on his massive pretrippie - and I was able to post it like the rest on the Wish Trippers thread, which hopefully helped people to find you, too...

But what you did...how you poured your heart into this - posting on so many other pre-trippies, spending time on the DIS, making those friendships - that was all you. All just an overflow of who you are.

The DIS can be anonymous - we can hide behind a user name and post things we would never say in real life to someone and there are times when I think that some DISers do this - but when we get on the DIS and start a pretrip report, post pictures of our family and post about our life - we lose the user name and become a person. Who you are was evident in what you were posting - and same with Piper. Piper is the first wish child, that I can remember, who got a user name and started talking to us. She stole our heart. :hug:

I know that you will have a wonderful trip! Enjoy every moment. Cry some more good tears. And I will see you on Sunday!!!! :dance3: :yay: :woohoo:

Sorry I missed the sendoff, but I hope you and Piper have the best trip ever - you BOTH deserve it and everything you've gotten from the DIS, both material and non-material!

I can not wait to meet you guys!!!

Piper is an amazing little girl.

Jordan definitely brought awareness to your pretrippie on his massive pretrippie - and I was able to post it like the rest on the Wish Trippers thread, which hopefully helped people to find you, too...

But what you did...how you poured your heart into this - posting on so many other pre-trippies, spending time on the DIS, making those friendships - that was all you. All just an overflow of who you are.

The DIS can be anonymous - we can hide behind a user name and post things we would never say in real life to someone and there are times when I think that some DISers do this - but when we get on the DIS and start a pretrip report, post pictures of our family and post about our life - we lose the user name and become a person. Who you are was evident in what you were posting - and same with Piper. Piper is the first wish child, that I can remember, who got a user name and started talking to us. She stole our heart. :hug:

I know that you will have a wonderful trip! Enjoy every moment. Cry some more good tears. And I will see you on Sunday!!!! :dance3: :yay: :woohoo:

Sorry I missed the sendoff, but I hope you and Piper have the best trip ever - you BOTH deserve it and everything you've gotten from the DIS, both material and non-material!

Couldn't have said it better myself. :goodvibes

:goodvibes I talked with Amanda earlier this evening, she called me once they were settled in, the flight into Charolette could have posed a serious problem if they had any more of a lay over, it would have been a for sure grounding because of the snow. Amanda said they were kept on the ground for thirty minutes once they left the gate because of de-icing the plane. :eek:

Whew! God was really looking out for them! :goodvibes Amanda said Piper was thrilled with all the attention she was getting from the limo ride, and when they boarded the plane 10 mins. before everyone else they got lots of attention from the flight staff including the pilots who showed her the cockpit. :thumbsup2

It was a good flight and they were pretty tired. It was 10 their time and they were wipped but Piper was still doing meds. (poor baby) and Amanda was still waiting for Piper to finish up and go off to bed so Amanda could make a run to Wal-mart for a few things they needed in the fridge. She thought there would be milk, but instead they had soda and water. :confused3 Sounds good to me, but kids don't usually do so well on soda for breakfast....or so I hear. :laughing:
She will be one worn out Mama, so please be praying for her. Also Amanda mentioned Piper has had sniffles and a mild cough since they were off the plane. Amanda feels it's only because of the plane air , but I would feel more assured if we were all lifting them up while they're gone for illness. I'm sure most everyone is any way. :goodvibes

OK DISers, that's all I have so far. Hope everyone had a wonderful day, or yesterday (depending on when you read this) and I pray for an even better day today! :goodvibes :hug:

Thanks for the update Millie! You are such a sweet friend and a good connection for all of us. We will be praying for a healthy Piper and energized Amanda for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter