• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

vrx3dj.jpg

I don't remember where this was, but the building reminds me of the kennels.

Does anyone have any old photos of guests meeting Oliver from Oliver & Company during the 80's and 90's. While I seen pictures of Dodger and the others characters. Is there any good photos of Oliver himself at Disneyland and WDW besides the pre parade promoting the film? Let me know if anyone found those photos online okay?

Last edited:

Does anyone have any old photos of guests meeting Oliver from Oliver & Company during the 80's and 90's. While I seen pictures of Dodger and the others characters. Is there any good photos of Oliver himself at Disneyland and WDW besides the pre parade promoting the film? Let me know if anyone found those photos online okay?

I know I have some for the mid-90s.. Some of Oliver and some of the dogs, I'll have to check to see if i can find them when i get home from work tonight!

I know I have some for the mid-90s.. Some of Oliver and some of the dogs, I'll have to check to see if i can find them when i get home from work tonight!
Let me know when you find a good pic of Oliver okay? You hardly find any photos of Oliver at the parks.

What part of the park looked like in Oct. 1971 when my mom, uncle and grandparents went.

tumblr_mr4dtucqMa1ru3ngyo1_1280.jpg

I don't know who the pink cat is(maybe from Aristocats because it came out the year before?). The white rabbit is totally different than the one of today. In the last pic she's holding one of the ride tickets, since they weren't included in you admission ticket.

Last edited:
What part of the park looked like in Oct. 1971 when my mom, uncle and grandparents went.

I don't know who the pink cat is(maybe from Aristocats because it came out the year before?). The white rabbit is totally different than the one of today. In the last pic she's holding one of the ride tickets, since they weren't included in you admission ticket.

It's great to see pictures from the month that WDW opened. Do you have any others?

That Pink Cat might be one of the Scat Cats from The Aristocats. Possibly the cat who had black fur but has pink fur for some reason.

It's great to see pictures from the month that WDW opened. Do you have any others?

Sadly this was all I could find in my Grandma's house. I'll try looking again in a different spot when I go again. I did find some of Disneyland from 1955(they're in black and white), when my grandparents and uncle went when they lived in California for a time.

That Pink Cat might be one of the Scat Cats from The Aristocats. Possibly the cat who had black fur but has pink fur for some reason.

Yeah, I tried google serching and I think it is, it was the color that through me off.

from Kenny the Pirate's site, with the Scat Cats (including pink cat)

Yep looks like the same character in the back.

Sadly this was all I could find in my Grandma's house. I'll try looking again in a different spot when I go again. I did find some of Disneyland from 1955(they're in black and white), when my grandparents and uncle went when they lived in California for a time.

It is so great that your grandparents and uncle got to both parks in the years that they opened. B&W pix are fine. Please post them.

It is so great that your grandparents and uncle got to both parks in the years that they opened. B&W pix are fine. Please post them.

I thought so too, my grandpa was stationed at the right place at the right time and then stayed in Florida. I don't mind posting them but I thought this thread was for WDW only like the title says?

POST POST POST :crazy: We don't mind a park crossover for original 1955 photos, I assure you!

Ok :D These were also posted on my tumblr so my watermark is on them. If this post it too big let me know and I'll split it up.

Hope you enjoy :)

First isn't a pic but a parking pass from their trip, I wish parking was 25 cents everywhere lol.

tumblr_mz1qgkA9wv1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg
tumblr_nqbh6xsTxF1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nqbhaoWssC1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nqbhfcvP9W1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nqbhh3v9FR1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Tommorowland was redone so both of these pictures are of things that aren't there anymore.

Clock of the World
tumblr_nqbhjuASBZ1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

TWA Moonliner

tumblr_nqbi4iG7ge1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Main Street
tumblr_nqbhm5ovho1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Mark Twain River Boat
tumblr_nqbhsgInew1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nqbhu7WGPm1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Stagecoach Ride
tumblr_nqbhwyih431ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Indian Village
tumblr_nqbhys6p0l1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Entrance to the Park
tumblr_nqbi2dq66e1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Entrance to Adventureland
tumblr_nqbi6jNb7D1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

The Train
tumblr_nqbi8qaxlM1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Last one, Main Street again
tumblr_nqbiakduGo1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Ok :D These were also posted on my tumblr so my watermark is on them. If this post it too big let me know and I'll split it up.

Hope you enjoy :)

First isn't a pic but a parking pass from their trip, I wish parking was 25 cents everywhere lol.

tumblr_mz1qgkA9wv1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg
tumblr_nqbh6xsTxF1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nqbhaoWssC1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nqbhfcvP9W1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nqbhh3v9FR1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Tommorowland was redone so both of these pictures are of things that aren't there anymore.

Clock of the World
tumblr_nqbhjuASBZ1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

TWA Moonliner

tumblr_nqbi4iG7ge1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Main Street
tumblr_nqbhm5ovho1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Mark Twain River Boat
tumblr_nqbhsgInew1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nqbhu7WGPm1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Stagecoach Ride
tumblr_nqbhwyih431ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Indian Village
tumblr_nqbhys6p0l1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Entrance to the Park
tumblr_nqbi2dq66e1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Entrance to Adventureland
tumblr_nqbi6jNb7D1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

The Train
tumblr_nqbi8qaxlM1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Last one, Main Street again
tumblr_nqbiakduGo1ru3ngyo1_500.jpg

Thanks for posting these!!! It's wonderful to see how things have changed/been eliminated over the years. I am old enough to have seen the opening of Disneyland live when it was first broadcast in 1955. I was soooo envious of anyone who could get there. Since then, I have been able to get there a few times. As can be seen by this thread [and your pictures], the theme parks are constantly changing - some things for the better and some things not so much. The parks are always enjoyable, and I look forward to visiting each again in the near future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter