Pics of DCL Food Round 2

AquaDame

DCL
The old thread was started in 2005 and many of the dishes have changed as well as some beloved restaurants being reborn on the Classic ships. Now that the Wonder is having her reimagining done in Cadiz the time is ripe for a new thread!

Here is a link to the original thread:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/pics-of-dcl-food.886187/

If possible, please put what dish and in which restaurant it is so we all know where to find the goods! :D

Flossbolna

Sea days are just so relaxing!
Since I requested the new thread to be started, I better put something in there...

Disney Fantasy December 2014 Animator's Palate rotational menu (Pacific Rim Cuisine is the official name):

Tomato Tarte with Glazed Goats Cheese and Radish Salad:

Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes: Pasta Purse filled with Truffle scented Cheese and coated with a delicate Champagne Sauce

Arugula and Curly Endive Salad with Sliced Chortzo, Dried Figs, Herbed Croutons topped with a Cider Dressing:

Ginger-Teriyaki dusted Angus Beef Tenderloin on Wasabi Mashed Potatoes with Bok Choy and a Tamarind-Barbecue Reduction:

Sweet Temptations (trio of White Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake, Lemon Raspberry Tart, and Chilled Mango Mousse):

Chilled Mango Mousse – With Tropical Fruit Sauce:

(if you want to know more about the individual dishes, I reviewed them in detail in the trip report, link in the signature, it is the From the Sea to the World - Holiday Edition one)

Last edited:

Geomom

DIS Veteran
Disney Wonder: Alaska, August 2016

Sweet Temptations:

1. Triton's: Mango Cheesecake, Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brulee, Raspberry Mousse Slice

8-9DSCN0393.JPG

2. Animator's Palate: Fairbanks Blueberry Crumble Tartlet, White Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake, Chilled Mango Mousse

8-10DSCN0714.JPG

3. Frozen night menu: Almond Berry Crumble Cake, Olaf's White Chocolate Floro Dome, Norwegian Pancake

8-11DSCN0933.JPG

4. Captain's Gala Menu: Cheesecake, Banana Crème Brulee, Apple Pie

8-12DSCN1062.JPG

5. Prince and Princess Menu: Tiramisu, Lemon Cheescake (99% eaten), Flourless Chocolate Cake

8-13DSCN1222.JPG

6. 'Til We Meet Again Menu: Cappuccino Mousse, Celebration Cake, Chocolate Decadence

8-14DSCN6165.JPG

• Disney Cruise Line Shipboard Credits up to $1000!
    Just make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel and you’ll receive up to $1000 in shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!
    Click Here for Details

Already have a Disney Cruise Line reservation booked?
    If you booked your DCL reservation within the last 30 days, Email us (DreamsCruise@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com) to see if we can save you money, apply a Shipboard Credit, or recieve our Exclusive Gift!
    *Deposit paid. Not paid in full. Other Restrictions Apply.

• Flossbolna

Disney Fantasy, December 2014, Skyline Lounge:

I guess drinks count as food as well for the purpose of this thread...

OH LA LAA (Paris)
    Bacardi White Rum, Elderflower Liqueur, Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice, Fresh Mint, Soda Water:

Londinium (London)
    gin, freshly muddled lemon, orange, mango puree and champagne:

Flossbolna

Disney Fantasy, December 2014, Enchanted Garden Rotational Menu (Continental Market Cuisine)

Mulitgrain and Country Current Rolls:

menu:

Heirloom Tomato Soup with Sour Cream, Croutons, and Basil:

Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower with Crispy Noodles and Wasabi Dressing

Romaine Wedge: fresh crisp Romaine topped with a creamy Romano Dressing and homemade spiced Croutons:

Spinach and Raspberry Salad: tender Spinach tossed with fresh Raspberries, toasted Pine Nuts, and crumbled Gorgonzola and a Raspberry Vinaigrette:

Slow Roasted Prime Rib, Thyme-roasted Vegetables, Double-baked Potato, Horseradish, and Natural Jus:

Pan-seared Sea Bass With Saffron and Fennel Risotto with a Sweet Chili Glaze:

dessert menu:

cup of coffee with a special large cup!

Warm Sticky Date Pudding – Served with Butterscotch Sauce, Vanilla Ice Cream and Philo Crunch

after dinner candy (not on the menu, they just appeared):

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• Geomom

DIS Veteran
    Disney Wonder: Alaska, August 2016

Triton's Standard Rotational Menu with Regional Inspirations:

Imperial Illusion:
    8-9DSCN0386.JPG

Princess Delight (non-alcoholic):
    8-9DSCN0387.JPG

French Onion Soup:
    8-9DSCN0388.JPG

Gaston's Escargot Gratinee:
    8-9DSCN0389.JPG

Mini Potato Dumplings:
    8-9DSCN0390.JPG

Crispy Roasted Duck Breast:
    8-9DSCN0391.JPG

Oven-Baked Alaskan Salmon Royale:
    8-9DSCN0392.JPG

Summer Berry Pudding:
    8-9DSCN0394.JPG

Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brulee:
    8-9DSCN0395.JPG

Grand Marnier Souffle:
    8-9DSCN0396.JPG

Flossbolna

Disney Fantasy December 2014 Standard Rotational Menu (Fantasy version of the Wonder one that @Geomom posted just above)

table setting:

menu:

bread basket:

French onion soup:

Duck confit:

Royal Market Green Salad: Cherry Tomato, Cucumbers, Peppered Goat Cheese, and a Raspberry Vinaigrette.

Wild Mushroom filled Pasta in Vegetable Broth topped with Watercress, shaved Parmesan Cheese and Paprika Oil Drizzle:

Oven-Baked Salmon Royal – Crowned with King Smoked Salmon and Horseradish Crust accompanied by sautéed Swiss Chard, truffle-infused Cauliflower Puree and White Wine Beurre Blanc:

side of steamed rice:

dessert menu:

crème brulee:

Grand Marnier Soufflé:

• Dug720

DIS Veteran
    That looks really good right now. Was the chicken seasoned? It looks like it could use some salt and pepper.
    I agree it looks good... I just wish they would follow what normally happens and either "chicken breast" (or "breast of chicken") and have it boneless. Or say that it's on the bone (or "quarter chicken" which pretty much implies that you're getting bones). At least with the pictures I can be prepared if I go with that option, but I really hate having to take the chicken off the bone myself in public. There's no graceful way to do it.

PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran
    That looks really good right now. Was the chicken seasoned? It looks like it could use some salt and pepper.
    Yes it was mildly seasoned. It was off the Lighter Fare menu, so fairly plain. I typically order this when my tummy isn't feeling quite up to par, or when I've gotten really tired of the "fancier" dishes. That usually happens on the longer cruises we take (over 10 nights).

PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran
    I agree it looks good... I just wish they would follow what normally happens and either "chicken breast" (or "breast of chicken") and have it boneless. Or say that it's on the bone (or "quarter chicken" which pretty much implies that you're getting bones). At least with the pictures I can be prepared if I go with that option, but I really hate having to take the chicken off the bone myself in public. There's no graceful way to do it.
    I found this information online:

chicken breasts have bones whilst chicken supremes do not the only difference being that a supreme has been removed from the carcass and you can get supremes with or without skin but some times part of the wing bone is still attached but it is simple to remove and you can even ask the butcher to remove it for you and there you have it as for the legs you can remove the bones from them as well i have been a chef for over 40 years and you are not the first person that has this aversion to bones in food so it is nothing unusual

I always thought that "chicken breast" has bones and "chicken breast filet" didn't.

Dug720

DIS Veteran
    I found this information online:

chicken breasts have bones whilst chicken supremes do not the only difference being that a supreme has been removed from the carcass and you can get supremes with or without skin but some times part of the wing bone is still attached but it is simple to remove and you can even ask the butcher to remove it for you and there you have it as for the legs you can remove the bones from them as well i have been a chef for over 40 years and you are not the first person that has this aversion to bones in food so it is nothing unusual

I always thought that "chicken breast" has bones and "chicken breast filet" didn't.
    Interesting. Everywhere I've eaten out, "chicken breast" has meant boneless unless otherwise indicated.

jenseib

Mommy to Claire
    Interesting. Everywhere I've eaten out, "chicken breast" has meant boneless unless otherwise indicated.

Any time I have a chciken breast I assume the bone will be in it unless otherwise stated. That is the norm for pretty much everywhere. I've been other lines that serve it with bone too.

Dug720

DIS Veteran
    Any time I have a chciken breast I assume the bone will be in it unless otherwise stated. That is the norm for pretty much everywhere. I've been other lines that serve it with bone too.
    Interesting.

Looks like I'll be eating a lot of steak on my upcoming cruises. :/ Very disappointing. I like steak ok, but I love chicken - just not with the bones in.

(Incidentally the chicken breast - at least the one on the every day offerings - on RCCL was boneless.)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.