PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Oh that is so, so amazing! Congrats on that awesome accomplishmenf!

Thank you...we are very proud of her.

I lead both my older girls troops! Becca is a Cadette about to start her silver and Sarah is a Brownie! We've been in Scouts sice B was in K!

I love scouts and glad to see other girls involved (and moms :goodvibes) I just wish that scouts would stay out of the political and social concerns...

Gold is such and amazing accomplisment! Congrats to your daughter!

I only went as far as my Silver...

Great job this past week on your mileage! You are doing a great job with your pace!!

I have been really surprised by my pace...of course I am playing around with 30/30 interval and it is working well...I really want to start running more than I walk.

I pulled a groin muscle and by Saturday I could barely walk. It is feeling better, but not 100% yet, so I am hoping to get on the bike tomorrow and hopefully out for a run in the next day or so.

Careful girl! When is your next half?

Congratulations to Ab on her achievement! You must be such a proud momma!!

We are thank you! I am so glad it is over...but now we have got to get Boo getting some Eagle badges done! UGH...he is 1 rank under Eagle so he needs badges done and project done. My goal is to get him there before he is 16. It is important, Eagle and Gold open doors...

I am still working on my intro...ok, I haven't started it yet, but I will get around to it...promise!

Its okay, when you get it done we will link it! Send me a picture through facebook that you want to use for your link. I thought about stealing one...but I don't like to post pictures of people without permission...now Betsy, Carol, and Heather did not get a choice. :rotfl2:

Cast of Characters Introductions
Heather

This is my Husband, Kaung, and I at his ambulance company installations dinner. My family will be joining me on this journey, but this trip report can stay about the girls trip side. I may do one for the family portion of the trip, but I am unsure!

My real life side:I am a 20 something year old stay at home mom of 2 kids. Damien is 9 (going to be 10 on the trip) and Madeline is almost 4 months (she will be 15 months on the trip). My whole world revolves around these 2 and our dog, Emily! My personal hobbies when I get a chance are trying to craft, reading, and just relaxing! I am slowly learning how to sew. However I am not very good at it!

My Disney Side: This will be my 3rd trip to Disney World! The first time I slightly remember as I was only 9 at the time and the second time was my Christmas trip with my family. My favorite character is Pooh Bear, but I also like stitch, Mickey, Minnie and Belle. My favorite place at Disney world would be main street. I like to sit and watch not only the actors, but the people and get glimpses of the castle! My favorite rides are the thrill rides like most of my Disney friends, out of those I would pick the tower of terror to be my absolute favorite! That feeling of your stomach rising into your throat is scary, yet fun to me! My favorite Disney food is that egg roll at Yak and Yeti!

My running side: This is take 2 for me! November of 2012 I began training for the TOT 2013 with some friends. All of February I was extremely sick going to the hospital and such and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Come the beginning of March, my sister in law thought she was pregnant and took a test. As a joke to her I took a test to switch with hers (we all thought she was pregnant), she went in and mine ended up being the positive one! So all of that exercise and losing weight I had been doing cancelled out my plans of only having my 1 baby. I wouldn't change it for the world, I love this little girl. It's just funny how life works sometimes :rolleyes: So I am here to train once more and this time I WILL get to run at Disney!!! I like the fun type runs and I want to get my son involved so I am going to do some serious runs, but have some fun ones thrown in (zombie, mud run, color run and so on)! Of course, this is all pending that my cardiologist okays me when I see her next week!

momabaarjo said:
Its okay, when you get it done we will link it! Send me a picture through facebook that you want to use for your link. I thought about stealing one...but I don't like to post pictures of people without permission...now Betsy, Carol, and Heather did not get a choice. :rotfl2:

I didn't realize I was supposed to use that picture! I am sorry I will change that when I get onto a real computer :)

You are doing so great with your training! I am thinking of maybe walking starting tomorrow, today is so so cold! I have to go to the running store and see if I could get fitted for running shoes! I wonder if they fit kids too or if it's worth it? Damien will be running the fun races with me and the 1 mile race in Disney. I still also have to download the Galloway app, I want everything prepped so if Inger the go ahead on Tuesday I can start and not be too far behind!

You did a great job starting this and hopefully I will be good with keeping up and checking in! I, as you know , am not the best at that! Thank you for starting it for us!

Hello everyone, I am Debra :wave2:

Real life side -- I am a 37 yr old, stay at home mom to 4 kids & happily married to my best friend Bo. I am a soccer mom & dance mom (but not one of those crazy dance moms).

Disney side -- I have been to WDW 4 times now. My first trip was with friends in the late 90's. My second trip was in 2008 when I was pregnant with #3. This trip was Bo's first trip (and he said ONLY trip) & my older kids first trip. By the time we were on ME back to the airport, Bo was planning our next visit. My third trip was our dream trip in December 2012. This was my little boys first trip to WDW. We stayed 11 days at BW in a Deluxe CL room with Deluxe DP & 9 days in the parks + MVMCP. This was the trip I truly fell in love with Disney. I constantly think about how amazing that trip was. My fourth trip was just recently, in Feb. Bo & I did a split stay of POFQ (1 night) & POR (4 nights) for PHM weekend. I love MK, Cinderella's Castle & Wishes. I cry every time I watch Wishes. I also love the World Showcase. Such a pretty, relaxing spot. My favorite rides are Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Expedition Everest, Rock N Roller Coaster, Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion & Tower of Terror. My favorite characters are Buzz, Woody, Goofy. My favorite place to eat at WDW is Le Cellier.

Running Side -- I started running March 2013 after reading so many tweets during WDW Marathon weekend & PHM weekend that inspired me. I signed up for ToT and met Tammie through a FB group. I decided at that time I wanted to run PHM as my first half marathon in 2014. I ran my first 5K on July 4 & a 5K mud/obstacle race in early Aug. I had to defer my ToT registration, so then I was on the look out for another race that I could use for proof of time for PHM. I signed up for 2 half marathons, one in Nov & one in Dec. I completed another 5K mud/obstacle race (Zombie themed) in mid Oct. I completed Rt 66 half marathon Nov 2013 in bitter cold conditions. My half marathon in early Dec (2013) was cancelled due to ice. PHM weekend I ran the 5K & the half marathon. I am running several more half marathons this year, including RnR Vegas with Tammie. I had planned on running my first full marathon in Nov, but with so many injuries & already being behind on training, I have decided to postpone my first full marathon to Nov 2015. Next year I am planning on the 5K & GSC during PHM weekend. I use the Galloway method.

Harper *may or may not* be joining me for this girls weekend, but here is a short introduction for her.

Real Life Side -- She will be 11 at the time of the trip. She will be starting middle school in the Fall. She has been a dancer since the age of 3. She enjoys tap, jazz, lyrical & hip hop.

Disney Side -- She has been to WDW twice, 2008 & 2012. During our 2012 trip she really fell in love with Disney and decided she wanted to get married there. She also has expressed interest in the Disney College Program after I mentioned it to her. She loves the Princesses, especially Ariel. Her favorite ride is Space Mountain.

Running Side -- She is not much of a runner to be honest. She has done a kids mud/obstacle race last August & we are going to do a Color Run together this Spring. If she attends this trip, she will be doing the 5K with me.

Debra's 2014 Upcoming Races

2/21 Royal Family 5K (with Bo) - COMPLETED
2/23 Princess half marathon - COMPLETED
4/17 OKC Memorial half marathon - COMPLETED
5/10 Color Me Rad 5K (with Harper) - COMPLETED
6/6-7 Ragnar Madison, WI to Chicago - COMPLETED
7/13 El Scorcho 25K - COMPLETED
10/12 HITS OKC 10K
11/16 Rock N Roll Las Vegas half marathon

2015 Races

2/20 Royal Family 5K
2/22 Princess half marathon

I didn't realize I was supposed to use that picture! I am sorry I will change that when I get onto a real computer :)

You are doing so great with your training! I am thinking of maybe walking starting tomorrow, today is so so cold! I have to go to the running store and see if I could get fitted for running shoes! I wonder if they fit kids too or if it's worth it? Damien will be running the fun races with me and the 1 mile race in Disney. I still also have to download the Galloway app, I want everything prepped so if Inger the go ahead on Tuesday I can start and not be too far behind!

You did a great job starting this and hopefully I will be good with keeping up and checking in! I, as you know , am not the best at that! Thank you for starting it for us!

No Heather...I just stole that picture off your facebook page so I could have something the cast of characters for you! The picture you posted in your Cast of Characters is perfect...I love that picture of you and K.

So looking forward to your doctor visit...I can't wait. And remember you are going to take it slow. You have lots of time and you are younger than this old lady!

But I think you should add a picture of your little princess and maybe an updated picture of Damien!

I know your weather has been playing havoc on any kind of getting out there...Betsy has been complaining about Elsa, too! :rotfl2:

Yes, go get fitted...remember I learned the hard way. I don't think Damien needs special shoes.

Debra's 2014 Upcoming Races

4/17 OKC Memorial half marathon
5/10 Color Me Rad 5K (with Harper)
6/6-7 Ragnar Madison, WI to Chicago
10/4 Tower of Terror 10 miler & 5K
11/16 Rock N Roll Las Vegas half marathon (with Tammie)
11/22 Rt 66 marathon
12/14 MetroPCS half marathon

:worship: :worship: :worship: You are going to be one crazy running lady!

Cast of Characters Introductions
Heather

This is my Husband, Kaung, and I at his ambulance company installations dinner. My family will be joining me on this journey, but this trip report can stay about the girls trip side. I may do one for the family portion of the trip, but I am unsure!

My real life side:I am a 20 something year old stay at home mom of 2 kids. Damien is 9 (going to be 10 on the trip) and Madeline is almost 4 months (she will be 15 months on the trip). My whole world revolves around these 2 and our dog, Emily! My personal hobbies when I get a chance are trying to craft, reading, and just relaxing! I am slowly learning how to sew. However I am not very good at it!

My Disney Side: This will be my 3rd trip to Disney World! The first time I slightly remember as I was only 9 at the time and the second time was my Christmas trip with my family. My favorite character is Pooh Bear, but I also like stitch, Mickey, Minnie and Belle. My favorite place at Disney world would be main street. I like to sit and watch not only the actors, but the people and get glimpses of the castle! My favorite rides are the thrill rides like most of my Disney friends, out of those I would pick the tower of terror to be my absolute favorite! That feeling of your stomach rising into your throat is scary, yet fun to me! My favorite Disney food is that egg roll at Yak and Yeti!

My running side: This is take 2 for me! November of 2012 I began training for the TOT 2013 with some friends. All of February I was extremely sick going to the hospital and such and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Come the beginning of March, my sister in law thought she was pregnant and took a test. As a joke to her I took a test to switch with hers (we all thought she was pregnant), she went in and mine ended up being the positive one! So all of that exercise and losing weight I had been doing cancelled out my plans of only having my 1 baby. I wouldn't change it for the world, I love this little girl. It's just funny how life works sometimes :rolleyes: So I am here to train once more and this time I WILL get to run at Disney!!! I like the fun type runs and I want to get my son involved so I am going to do some serious runs, but have some fun ones thrown in (zombie, mud run, color run and so on)! Of course, this is all pending that my cardiologist okays me when I see her next week!

What Heather failed to mention is she is a wonderful cook...I am always drooling over photos that she posts! She is also one of the sweetest, most kind hearted people that you would ever meet. She takes care of her mom and her inlaws...

So excited that her favorite ride is ToT! :cheer2: And she and I will be sitting on a bench on mainstreet together soaking up all the Disney Magic!

Real life side -- I am a 37 yr old, stay at home mom to 4 kids & happily married to my best friend Bo. I am a soccer mom & dance mom (but not one of those crazy dance moms).

Thank goodness...although I have never thought of you as a dance mom...soccer mom yes!

Disney side -- I have been to WDW 4 times now. My first trip was with friends in the late 90's. My second trip was in 2008 when I was pregnant with #3. This trip was Bo's first trip (and he said ONLY trip) & my older kids first trip. By the time we were on ME back to the airport, Bo was planning our next visit. My third trip was our dream trip in December 2012. This was my little boys first trip to WDW. We stayed 11 days at BW in a Deluxe CL room with Deluxe DP & 9 days in the parks + MVMCP. This was the trip I truly fell in love with Disney. I constantly think about how amazing that trip was. My fourth trip was just recently, in Feb. Bo & I did a split stay of POFQ (1 night) & POR (4 nights) for PHM weekend. I love MK, Cinderella's Castle & Wishes. I cry every time I watch Wishes. I also love the World Showcase. Such a pretty, relaxing spot. My favorite rides are Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Expedition Everest, Rock N Roller Coaster, Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion & Tower of Terror. My favorite characters are Buzz, Woody, Goofy. My favorite place to eat at WDW is Le Cellier.

I cry too at Wishes...and another Thrill ride gal...thinking poor Betsy will be all by herself as we all ride ToT! Actually pretty sure she will be on TSM!

Running Side -- I started running about a year ago after reading so many tweets during WDW Marathon weekend & PHM weekend that inspired me. I signed up for ToT and met Tammie through a FB group. I decided at that time I wanted to run PHM as my first half marathon in 2014. I ran my first 5K on July 4 & a 5K mud/obstacle race in early Aug. I had to defer my ToT registration, so then I was on the look out for another race that I could use for proof of time for PHM. I signed up for 2 half marathons, one in Nov & one in Dec. I completed another 5K mud/obstacle race (Zombie themed) in mid Oct. I completed Rt 66 half marathon this past Nov in bitter cold conditions. My half marathon in early Dec was cancelled due to ice. PHM weekend I ran the 5K & the half marathon. I am running OKC Memorial half marathon in late April & a Ragnar relay in early June from Madison, WI to Chicago with a team of 12 ladies & RnR Vegas with Tammie in Nov & a half marathon in Dec. I will be running ToT this year as well as my first full marathon in Nov. Next year I am planning to run Goofy during WDW Marathon Weekend & 5K & GSC during PHM weekend. I use the Galloway method.

Debra has really kept me running and supporting me...I have so appreciated her input in my training! I am hoping to find a few races locally that we can meet up and run!

Harper *may or may not* be joining me for this girls weekend, but here is a short introduction for her.

Real Life Side -- She will be 11 at the time of the trip. She will be starting middle school in the Fall. She has been a dancer since the age of 3.

Disney Side -- She has been to WDW twice, 2008 & 2012. During our 2012 trip she really fell in love with Disney and decided she wanted to get married there. She also has expressed interest in the Disney College Program after I mentioned it to her. She loves the Princesses, especially Ariel. Her favorite ride is Space Mountain.

Running Side -- She is not much of a runner to be honest. She has done a kids mud/obstacle race last August & we are going to do a Color Run together this Spring. If she attends this trip, she will be doing the 5K & 10K with me.

What Debra failed to mention is that we realized that we live 3 hours away from each other...:rotfl2: I am so happy that Harper may be joining our list of princesses and princes!

I hope to meet some of you cupcakes in 2015. I went officially to 100% in for PHM weekend today! :cheer2:

I plan on doing the Glass Slipper Challenge. My training will be doing the 5K Haunted Trails, followed by the ToT 10 miler in October....

I have yet to- ahem- break it to the hubby. That's in the works. I got a year! :rotfl2:

I think I need to modify my PTR to add PHM in there! ;) Excited.

Also. ahem. Secretly in the works is my coast-to-coast in 2015. Again, all these plans..in my brain. Yet to be shared with the husband or our checking account.

momabaarjo said:
No Heather...I just stole that picture off your facebook page so I could have something the cast of characters for you! The picture you posted in your Cast of Characters is perfect...I love that picture of you and K.

So looking forward to your doctor visit...I can't wait. And remember you are going to take it slow. You have lots of time and you are younger than this old lady!

But I think you should add a picture of your little princess and maybe an updated picture of Damien!

I know your weather has been playing havoc on any kind of getting out there...Betsy has been complaining about Elsa, too! :rotfl2:

Yes, go get fitted...remember I learned the hard way. I don't think Damien needs special shoes.

I didn't know if I should... When I get back on the computer I will post a picture of my little babies! I like that picture of Kaung and I as well, it was a fun night after a very long month!

Yes, this weather is nuts... Perhaps Elsa's still upset with the village... Quick we need to fast forward to the end of the movie!

I am getting the shoes as a 'you did it' to myself when I get the good news! I just realized I have to buy Damien sneakers period, he just has boots and loafers right now!

debrapagliasotti said:

Running Side -- I started running about a year ago after reading so many tweets during WDW Marathon weekend & PHM weekend that inspired me. I signed up for ToT and met Tammie through a FB group. I decided at that time I wanted to run PHM as my first half marathon in 2014. I ran my first 5K on July 4 & a 5K mud/obstacle race in early Aug. I had to defer my ToT registration, so then I was on the look out for another race that I could use for proof of time for PHM. I signed up for 2 half marathons, one in Nov & one in Dec. I completed another 5K mud/obstacle race (Zombie themed) in mid Oct. I completed Rt 66 half marathon this past Nov in bitter cold conditions. My half marathon in early Dec was cancelled due to ice. PHM weekend I ran the 5K & the half marathon. I am running OKC Memorial half marathon in late April & a Ragnar relay in early June from Madison, WI to Chicago with a team of 12 ladies & RnR Vegas with Tammie in Nov & a half marathon in Dec. I will be running ToT this year as well as my first full marathon in Nov. Next year I am planning to run Goofy during WDW Marathon Weekend & 5K & GSC during PHM weekend. I use the Galloway method.

Real Life Side -- She will be 11 at the time of the trip. She will be starting middle school in the Fall. She has been a dancer since the age of 3.

Running Side -- She is not much of a runner to be honest. She has done a kids mud/obstacle race last August & we are going to do a Color Run together this Spring. If she attends this trip, she will be doing the 5K & 10K with me.

Hi! I am planning on doing that mud run and a muddy zombie race with my son, how did you like them? I hope that your daughter can make it as well! I am looking forward to meeting everyone in person and spending some Disney time!

momabaarjo said:
What Heather failed to mention is she is a wonderful cook...I am always drooling over photos that she posts! She is also one of the sweetest, most kind hearted people that you would ever meet. She takes care of her mom and her inlaws...

So excited that her favorite ride is ToT! :cheer2: And she and I will be sitting on a bench on mainstreet together soaking up all the Disney Magic!

:) thank you! You are not so bad! Sadly I forgot about them haha, not so great! And the food is easy anyone could do it!

Yes looking forward to sitting around on main street with a few dolewhips!

Tinker326 said:
I hope to meet some of you cupcakes in 2015. I went officially to 100% in for PHM weekend today! :cheer2:

I plan on doing the Glass Slipper Challenge. My training will be doing the 5K Haunted Trails, followed by the ToT 10 miler in October....

I have yet to- ahem- break it to the hubby. That's in the works. I got a year! :rotfl2:

Also. ahem. Secretly in the works is my coast-to-coast in 2015. Again, all these plans..in my brain. Yet to be shared with the husband or our checking account.

Haha, my trip was in the works before I notified dh or the checking account as well! Yes, it will be great to meet! I am planning on doing the Cinderella challenge as well!

:worship: :worship: :worship: You are going to be one crazy running lady!

What Debra failed to mention is that we realized that we live 3 hours away from each other...:rotfl2: I am so happy that Harper may be joining our list of princesses and princes!

I sort of fell "in love" with that half marathon distance. 5K races are too quick and I have yet to do a 10K. I originally planned on 1 full marathon, but I cant *not* do a full at WDW...hello, all 4 parks!

Yes, I did forget to mention how close we live to each other (relatively speaking). I would love for us to do a race together before Vegas. I hope Harper can join us. I know she would love a girls weekend at Disney.

Hi! I am planning on doing that mud run and a muddy zombie race with my son, how did you like them? I hope that your daughter can make it as well! I am looking forward to meeting everyone in person and spending some Disney time!

The mud runs I did are Dirty 30 races. The first one I did in August I enjoyed. The obstacles were challenging, but there was a lot of teamwork between strangers. The Zombie mud run in October I did a shift as a Zombie where I pulled flags off runners (think flag football) as they came by. The fun part was dressing as a Zombie & having a professional Zombie makeover. The bad part about that race, I jammed a finger in my left hand and completely messed up my ring finger on my right hand by tearing a tendon or ligament as I was trying to capture a runners flag. After my Zombie shift I ran the race also. I was in so much pain & I was worried about injuring my leg or ankle because the mud at this course was DEEP! I had a half marathon about a month later. Needless to say I didn't have as much fun with that mud run & am pretty confident I am hanging up the mud run shoes for a while. I saw lots of severe injuries over those 2 races.

I do hope Harper can join us. I'm *pretty sure* she will be, but cant give a 100% certainty on her just yet. Not sure what she would do while I was doing the half marathon.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone as well!

YAY :cheer2:I see some cupcakes in our future! Hope to share one with you and your cupcakes!...I am trying to figure out how I can get coast to coast in 2015 but with one going away to college I think it will have to happen in 2016! I am a little nervous what PHM+GSC and maybe 5K is going to do to my bank account along with what Ab is going to run...

:) thank you! You are not so bad! Sadly I forgot about them haha, not so great! And the food is easy anyone could do it!

Yes looking forward to sitting around on main street with a few dolewhips!

I can't wait to sip and few with you and hopefully Amy!

Decisions, Decisions....Upcoming 5K

I am looking at my 5K app and figuring that I will finish the workout schedule around the first week of April, so that means I need to find a 5K race to run. I think I have said before that I am very self conscious when it comes to my running, I am not a fast runner and really like my run/walk intervals without the fear that others are watching me or judging me. I prefer to find races where I can blend into the crowd, but where I live it is not the that easy. Looking at the upcoming local runner’s club calendar there is not a lot of options locally. So I started branching out and looking at driving to a race. The second week in April, Ab will be in Austin for her state Latin Conference/Meet as well as her State Academic Meet (yes...she is a brilliant young lady and gets to go to state in several competitions both sports and academics) and I will be traveling down that weekend to pick her up so the 2 of us can drive to Fort Worth for her to do her first college visit at TCU. With all that in mind it would be the perfect opportunity for me to find a 5K somewhere between Fort Worth and Austin. I have narrowed it down to 2 5Ks that I think might just work.

Abilene Mayors 5K-This would be a great place to stop on Friday night to spend the night (about ½ to Austin/5 hour drive) and get up Saturday to run and then drive the rest of the way to Austin.

Brenham Blue Bell 5K-This would mean almost a 9 hour drive afterschool on Friday night (which has me arriving after midnight) to do this event and it is a little out of my way, but those of us in Texas know what Blue Bell is…some of the best ice cream there is. Ice Cream aside this race really interests me because of the scenery of the race course. Spring in central Texas means Blue Bonnets and other wildflowers…I can imagine myself right now on that course. I could stop in Waco or Temple for the night (6 hours away) and then get up really early to drive the remaining way to Brenham.

Decisions, Decisions!

Real Life Side: I work for a Construction company in Boston, MA. I'm currently going to school online for my Master's in Construction Management. So far I have one class down and nine left to go. I live on the North Shore of MA with my BF (who is still on a Disney ban) and our two cats, Jessie & Elise. I've lived somewhere up in the Northeast my whole life and someone need to stop making Elsa mad at us!

Hi Betsy - I followed Tammi over to this thread after reading her posts on a trip report that I am working on. I was intrigued by her moniker :) and now I read your data and I think we just might be neighbors!

Nothing like the North Shore! So true about Elsa - it is snowing out AGAIN this morning but is actually the pretty, floaty type of snow that should not add up PLUS I don't have to drive into work today, so it is all good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter