Past experience with 7 am EMH crowds?

I’m planning this for July. RD Slinky at 7am, fastpass Aliens between 10-11am, then leave the park. Ideally, I finish Slinky by 9am with time to try some poptarts at Andy’s Lunchbox. That’s pretty much all I aim to do as a solo rider, so hopefully that timeframe is doable.
We're skipping AS2 entirely. We've done the Mater ride at California Adventure and it's a really, really basic ride. I realize it's new and that's exciting, but I can't even imagine wasting a Fastpass on it.

We're going in July as well...I had originally booked TSMM as I couldn't initially get SDD which was one of my DS5's requests due to all of the commercials he's been seeing for it. There were lots of AS2, but I don't do well on that type of ride. Then, SDD opened so I switched and I booked SDD for the early evening along with Frozen Singalong and Star Tours for a day we're going to be in MK doing EMM. We plan on trying 7am EMH another day and rope drop TSMM (my son has never been to Disney, so all of the rides are new to him) and if DS really wants to do the alien ride, my husband will go with him in standby if it isn't insane lol.

For AK, we got there at 6am for a 7am EMH during mid-March. There was already about 20-30 people there. It's hard to tell if TSL will be the same. I would get there by 6am at the latest. I would kick myself if it were already busy at 6:30am, knowing that I probably would have been toward the front of the line at 6am. 30 minutes sleep isn't that much.

For AK, we got there at 6am for a 7am EMH during mid-March. There was already about 20-30 people there. It's hard to tell if TSL will be the same. I would get there by 6am at the latest. I would kick myself if it were already busy at 6:30am, knowing that I probably would have been toward the front of the line at 6am. 30 minutes sleep isn't that much.
Yep, 6am first day is our plan too unless we can swing a morning fast pass.

RnRC and TOT will be open right? I wonder how those lines will be at 7am?

If that’s our goal, do we still need to arrive at 6am? (Beginning of August)

We're skipping AS2 entirely. We've done the Mater ride at California Adventure and it's a really, really basic ride. I realize it's new and that's exciting, but I can't even imagine wasting a Fastpass on it.

I’ve done that ride too, but couldn’t get Slinky. I plan to keep checking, but keep Aliens if no Slinky FPs show up.

For us it's an easy decision. If we can't get SDD for the morning, we'd rather get there super early and have access to 4th FPs than do an afternoon FP+. We go through 7-10 fastpasses per day when we're there, no problem.

That's my usual strategy too, but we'll be coming off pm EMH at Magic Kingdom the night before, so hoping for a few more minute of sleep! I'm going to stick with arriving at 6am and going to Slinky first, we'll just have to take a mid day nap break.

Just food for thought, but you folks arriving at 6 am are actually waiting in a non moving line for close to an hour.......would that really be better than arriving at 645, being in the middle to back of the rope drop pack, and waiting (probably less than an hour) in a new, interesting queue for SDD?

Just food for thought, but you folks arriving at 6 am are actually waiting in a non moving line for close to an hour.......would that really be better than arriving at 645, being in the middle to back of the rope drop pack, and waiting (probably less than an hour) in a new, interesting queue for SDD?
The difference is waiting during park hours and waiting before park hours. At 6am you can't ride anything anyways, but at 7am you're waiting during valuable low-wait times for the other rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter