Part of the Ship, Part of the Crew: A CBR Christmas Adventure for 2 plus 2-New 1-9!

So the answer to the last trivia question, "What attraction can be found at all Disney's world wide?"

The answer...Buzz Lightyear Spaceranger Spin!

Great guesses all around..I totally did NOT know it. LL...Blake also chose Pirates as his second guess! Who would have thought!

Today marks 46 day until the trip and it's time to....

Reveal those ADR's!!

I had mentioned that we booked 9 ADR's. Now, it took me forever to choose these and I am still bouncing back and forth on a few, but here they are, with explanations for each :thumbsup2

In no particular order:

1. Raglan Road-I wanted to try something different at Downtown Disney, since we always do Rainforest Cafe. I let my mom decide on this one by pulling up all the menu's on allears and letting her pick. They have so many options. This would be a new one for us!

2. Coral Reef-Blake and I have visited CR before and I personally was not impressed with my selection. I got the steak and maybe I just got a bad one, but it was SO overly seasoned. Blake however fell in love with their Lobster Bisque soup. We are going to pay OOP for this meal and ONLY get Blake's soup and dessert. Being an Aquarist I do love the atmosphere and will gladly pay $7 for a dessert and sit and watch some fish swim.

3. Hollywood Brown Derby-Yes dearest LL, I chose this because I "loved it so much last year" :thumbsup2:lovestruc We really did, this was our favorite meal last year. I will gladly put out 2 TS credits for this signature restaurant. I'm hoping their seasonal menu changes, what is currently up on allears is from July and Blake and I are DYING to have our filet and triple chocolate for dessert. I know Mom and Stu will love it here too!

4. Ohana's-Blake and I have eaten breakfast here and loved it, so now it's time to try dinner! Excited to try the noodles, potstickers and banana bread pudding for dessert! The only thing is, I can't find another dining hour open other than what we have at 7pm and I'm worried with the fireworks starting at 8 we might not finish in time. Hoping we can get in early and head down to watch the fireworks from the beach at the Poly!

5. Kona Cafe-We LOVED Kona last year for dinner, so we're flipping it this year and trying breakfast! I need to try the Tonga Toast. Blake has made me his version several times and I really enjoy it. Plus, they have real Kona Coffee there!

6. Boma-Again, last year we tried breakfast and loved it and want to try dinner this year. A little apprehensive about the menu choices for some, but none of us are picky eaters so I'm hoping we'll be alright. I've heard great reviews on it. This was the last ADR I booked.

7. Sci-Fi-Yes the food isn't "outstanding" but we love the atmosphere here. Plus, we tried 50's Prime Time last year and it really wasn't quite for us, so we definitely want to go back to Sci-Fi. The biggie here is that this is the ONLY restaurant that I remember going to with my mom before you had to make dining reservations so I'm excited for her to see it again. And Stu will love the movie scene and night sky inside! There's also a chocolate peanut butter lava thing there that has been calling my name :rotfl:

8. Rainforest Cafe-When I told Blake we were eating at Raglan, he looked at me and said, "we're really skipping out on our bbq wrap this year? We're not eating there at all?" With that, I reserved a table for lunch. Blake's mom, step father and grandmother will be there while we're there :headache: so this is my one table service lunch I'm allowing with everyone. Don't get me wrong, it's just that when his mom booked their trip they made sure it would overlap ours without even asking if it was ok first, it was just assumed. They are extremely slow getting to parks and I'm here for my mom this trip, not to be with them 24/7

9. Garden View Tea-I'm SO SO excited about this one. Afternoon Tea with my mom at the Grand Floridian. New one for us and I think it'll be a great bonding day for us!:goodvibes

So there we have it all!! Feel free to comment, I'm always willing to hear your opinion on any of our ADR's! :wizard:

I would have NEVER in a million years guessed that it was Buzz Lightyear. Hmmm....very strange. How can the parks not all have Pirates and Haunted Mansion!?! Eeek!

I think your ADRs are fabulous, a really good mix. I'm sorry Blake's mom is invading your trip, that is so not cool. You know how I feel about MILs so let's just say you have my sympathy on this one. :hug:

Could you please fedex me some polenta from Brown Derby? I have been craving it sooooo badly! Marc has been so busy with his two jobs and moving us that he hasn't had time to cook it for me and it's just not the same when you make it yourself. :rotfl2:

I never would have guessed Buzz, either -- I was thinking an older ride.

Great looking ADRs -- if LL is getting polenta sent to her, will you send me a piece of grapefruit cake from Brown Derby? :rotfl:

I never would have guessed Buzz Lightyear! That was a good question.... ;)
I'm so glad you are going to the tea at the GF! We have gone 2 times and have really enjoyed it. It will be a great memory for you and your mom... very relaxing! :thumbsup2
We've eaten at Boma (loved), Sci-Fi (enjoyed the atmosphere), Coral Reef (we were right next to the glass so that was entertaining) and the Brown Derby (love). I will look forward to your thoughts on your meals at all of your ADR's.... and of course lots of photos! :goodvibes

I would have NEVER in a million years guessed that it was Buzz Lightyear. Hmmm....very strange. How can the parks not all have Pirates and Haunted Mansion!?! Eeek!

I think your ADRs are fabulous, a really good mix. I'm sorry Blake's mom is invading your trip, that is so not cool. You know how I feel about MILs so let's just say you have my sympathy on this one. :hug:

Could you please fedex me some polenta from Brown Derby? I have been craving it sooooo badly! Marc has been so busy with his two jobs and moving us that he hasn't had time to cook it for me and it's just not the same when you make it yourself. :rotfl2:
My thoughts exactly! Buzz Lightyear..really?? Pirates was totally my first guess, totally a classic with HM right behind!

I knew you would post and understand the MIL rant :rotfl2:
Thank god someone else understands! Like she didn't even ASK me. She texted Blake back in July and said, "we're going to Disney sometime in December..when are you guys going?" And, then they off and book the 10th-17th!! What the heck!? Do they assume we're hanging out with them the whole week? Cause last I checked, this was Blake, Jess, Stu and Jess' mom Trip, not theirs :headache:

Hmm..fedex'ing polenta, not sure how it would be received on your end after traveling in the mail, but I totally feel your pain!!

I never would have guessed Buzz, either -- I was thinking an older ride.

Great looking ADRs -- if LL is getting polenta sent to her, will you send me a piece of grapefruit cake from Brown Derby? :rotfl:
Oh gosh, :rotfl2: I would think the grapefruit cake would be worst in the mail! I'll have to think of something more durable for both of you!:thumbsup2

I never would have guessed Buzz Lightyear! That was a good question.... ;)
I'm so glad you are going to the tea at the GF! We have gone 2 times and have really enjoyed it. It will be a great memory for you and your mom... very relaxing! :thumbsup2
We've eaten at Boma (loved), Sci-Fi (enjoyed the atmosphere), Coral Reef (we were right next to the glass so that was entertaining) and the Brown Derby (love). I will look forward to your thoughts on your meals at all of your ADR's.... and of course lots of photos! :goodvibes
I am SO excited to try the Tea. My mom and I both LOVE Tea and they have a great selection, and we've never done a formal tea service before. I have it so the boys are off doing their own thing together, so it should be a great time away with her!

The food is always one of my favorite reasons for going to WDW! I wish I could try them all, it's so hard narrowing down those choices! Did you eat at Boma for dinner or breakfast? We certainly loved the breakfast!

Nope! Great guess though! ;)

I'm so surprised; the Disney DVD I watched before my trip (the one you get from Disney) said that Space Mountain was so popular there was a version "at every Disney park throughout the world" (or some similar wording). But Buzz Lightyear? Really? Wow, weird!!!

Edited to add:

I had to look it up. There are also Space Mountains at every park - per Wikipedia "Space Mountain is the name of a space-themed indoor roller coaster attraction located at all five Magic Kingdom-style Disney Parks. Although all five versions of the attraction are different in nature, all have a similar domed exterior façade that is a landmark for the respective park."

So it's a trick question! ;)

I'm so surprised; the Disney DVD I watched before my trip (the one you get from Disney) said that Space Mountain was so popular there was a version "at every Disney park throughout the world" (or some similar wording). But Buzz Lightyear? Really? Wow, weird!!!

Edited to add:

I had to look it up. There are also Space Mountains at every park - per Wikipedia "Space Mountain is the name of a space-themed indoor roller coaster attraction located at all five Magic Kingdom-style Disney Parks. Although all five versions of the attraction are different in nature, all have a similar domed exterior façade that is a landmark for the respective park."

So it's a trick question! ;)
Very cool. Multiple answers. Learned something new every day and good for you for remembering such important details! I still think it's weird that they don't have some of the classics at every park, i.e. Pirates, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion or Winnie the Pooh! Classic Disney right there!

Very cool. Multiple answers. Learned something new every day and good for you for remembering such important details! I still think it's weird that they don't have some of the classics at every park, i.e. Pirates, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion or Winnie the Pooh! Classic Disney right there!

Ha, it was one of those things that stuck in my head while watching - they showed pictures of all the SMs and I thought I'd LOVE to see the DLP one!

I'm surprised there's not a Pirates, an IASW, or a HM at each one; but different cultural interests, I suppose. You might not get a lot of riders on Pirates at DLP (landlocked!) or maybe even the DLs in Asia; but IASW should be appreciated the world round - though you'd have to translate the song...

Ha, it was one of those things that stuck in my head while watching - they showed pictures of all the SMs and I thought I'd LOVE to see the DLP one!

I'm surprised there's not a Pirates, an IASW, or a HM at each one; but different cultural interests, I suppose. You might not get a lot of riders on Pirates at DLP (landlocked!) or maybe even the DLs in Asia; but IASW should be appreciated the world round - though you'd have to translate the song...
That would be cool! And it is amazing what things stick with you.

Totally agree though, but I do think IASW could be translated very easily..I mean it's the same thing over and over and at certain points in the ride can't you hear the other languages mixed in there anyway? Or maybe I'm just imaging that..:rotfl:

Did I seriously just miss the bat signal...because how did I know not about this!! Sorry Jess!!

YAY for a whole week!! You guys will have a blast!!!! However, BOOOOO to MIL cutting in on the trip...that is just passive agressiveness at its best right there!!!! What exactly are you supposed to say to that?!?!?

Well looking forward to more plans!!!!!!! Sorry again for my lateness!

Jess, I asked Marc your trivia question and his first guess was Dumbo. It made me think that I can't believe DUMBO isn't in all 5 parks either. :scared1:

Did I seriously just miss the bat signal...because how did I know not about this!! Sorry Jess!!

YAY for a whole week!! You guys will have a blast!!!! However, BOOOOO to MIL cutting in on the trip...that is just passive agressiveness at its best right there!!!! What exactly are you supposed to say to that?!?!?

Well looking forward to more plans!!!!!!! Sorry again for my lateness!
It's ok Jen!! You're here now! I didn't give the facebook bat signal, so you're excusing for missing this! Yes booo to the MIL...the only good thing I can say is that they are staying off site and we are on site and thus my ADR's are booked and they don't have free dining, so I know they won't be able to eat with us every night! I tried to plan ahead!

Jess, I asked Marc your trivia question and his first guess was Dumbo. It made me think that I can't believe DUMBO isn't in all 5 parks either. :scared1:
DUMBO! Holy crap...yes...no dumbo either?! Crazy!

Hi Jess,
We ate at Boma for dinner. It was great to try so many different dishes and flavors from the buffet.
I was thinking about the Afternoon Tea and after you have your scones and tea sandwiches, (depending on which selection you decide on) you might be offered the choice of fresh strawberries in a bowl with whipped cream.... if you like strawberries then for sure try this... so good!!! :thumbsup2

Hi Jess,
We ate at Boma for dinner. It was great to try so many different dishes and flavors from the buffet.
I was thinking about the Afternoon Tea and after you have your scones and tea sandwiches, (depending on which selection you decide on) you might be offered the choice of fresh strawberries in a bowl with whipped cream.... if you like strawberries then for sure try this... so good!!! :thumbsup2
Oh good! I was a little nervous making the resevations for Boma. But we loved breakfast so much and I've heard such great reviews for dinner...plus, my mom and Blake's step brother have never seen the AKL before, especially with the beautiful tree up, so trying to do double duty. I'm excited to try something new!

And the Tea..mom and I pulled up the ala carte menu and I think we're going to share a plate of sandwiches, scones, pastries and the strawberries and cream, but have our own tea. We're going to be coming off of lunch at 12:30 and our reservation for Tea is at 3:30, so I think sharing yummy treats will be just enough for us to sample everything. SO excited about that! Thanks so much for your input about it!! :thumbsup2

So let's get into some park plans!! It's taken me a while to decide on what parks for what days. When I first planned out my ADR's, I had no idea what parks I was going to at the time, so I literally overlapped DHS, Resort Hotels and Epcot ADR's over every day to make sure I secured those precious ADR's that I wanted. Plus, I had to work around the Very Merry Christmas Party and those days that had extra magic hours. We've always found that by NOT going to the park that has EMH, the crowds are lower at those other parks.

Day 1 Plans-December 11th
Blake, my mom and I are flying via Southwest from Baltimore. Blake and I are leaving the 10th from our house and driving down to my parents and spending the night. We fly out at 8am and arrive at MCO at 10:35am.
Stuart is leaving Newport News via AirTran at 6:50, making a stop in Atlanta and landing at MCO at 11:47am. I'm a little disappointed that AirTran changed his flight, cause we're getting to the resort a little later than I wanted. But, I figure we can grab a sandwich, check out the shops and Stu's plane will probably catch a tailwind, so we may only be waiting about 20-30 mins. So all in all not too bad.

The plan is to catch the Magical Express and head toward Caribbean Beach Resort!! I figure we will probably get there about 12:40 or so. We're going to freshen up, drop our carry on's off and head to the Magic Kingdom, I mean seriously...can you go anywhere else on your first WDW day besides Epcot to get an adult beverage? ;)

So, I hope to get to MK by 1:30! We'll probably get on:
the People Mover
Thundermountain
Buzz
the Laugh Floor
Mickey's Philharmagic
Pirates
Jungle Cruise

If everything is right with wait times for the buses and flight's getting in etc, we should have about 4-5 hours here.

Then, it's off to catch the bus because we have reservations for 7:30 at Raglan Road!!

320716_745491761798_42707539_36116600_203956884_n.jpg

Excited for this one! The serious steak and beef steak and ger's bread and butter pudding look awesome. Ever eat at Raglan? I welcome suggestions for both entree's and desserts! This will be our first TS meal for the week. Stu and my mom have never been on the dining plan and none of us have ever eaten there.

Question: What ride/s do you like to get on as your first 3 at Magic Kingdom??
Mine would probably be...the Transit Authority, Pirates and...Thundermountain

Loving your park plans Jess!! However I'm very sad to see a certain attraction did not make your MK must do list :sad2: No Haunted Mansion!!! (Well I guess it's not a must do/must do/must do for everyone LOL)

So...obviously my first ride at MK is usually HM, followed by BTMRR, and I love Philharmagic!!!!

Raglan Road is amazing!! I love eating there!! I will definitely have to get back there and FINALLY have the bread pudding!

Loving your park plans Jess!! However I'm very sad to see a certain attraction did not make your MK must do list :sad2: No Haunted Mansion!!! (Well I guess it's not a must do/must do/must do for everyone LOL)

So...obviously my first ride at MK is usually HM, followed by BTMRR, and I love Philharmagic!!!!

Raglan Road is amazing!! I love eating there!! I will definitely have to get back there and FINALLY have the bread pudding!
Haunted Mansion definitely makes the top 5!! We just always tend to go toward Tomorrowland first and moozie into Fantasyland next and THEN Liberty Square! I promise I love it too! :goodvibes

Mmm..the bread and butter pudding sounds so good. Although the Chef's Chocolate thing sounds amazing too!

On allears: Dunbrody Kiss - Chef Dundon's gift to America. Chocolate. Add chocolate. Then add some more. With us? $8

Definitely interested in that thing!

Can't wait to read your review of Raglan Road -- it looks like a fun place to eat!

I am going to need four MK rides. :laughing: They would be HM, the teacups, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and Splash Mountain. :thumbsup2

You will love Raglan Road. I think I am going to switch one of my ADR's and take Denny and Nick there. I think they will love it - the food, the entertainment, the dancing girl ;)

Great first day planned. I am flying out of BWI this trip, too. I actually like that airport so much better than the Philly airport. It's a longer drive, but I don't mind when the flights end up being cheaper from BWI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter