Parking Passes

travel4ever

Earning My Ears
Hi, only 4weeks to go woohoo!! I've noticed on other boards people are talking about getting a Diamond Parking Pass (free)
at their AAA, does anyone know it our CAA, AMA etc offers the same? I've already forgotten (in just 2 years) how much is parking, is it free if you stay on site, but not if offsite? Thanks

To answer your question about how parking is,I believe it is now $6 if staying offsite(only payable once a day so you can park hop and not have to pay for parking at another park).If you are staying on site,you just show your parking pass.I dont know the answer to the AAA parking pass though.

When you book thru AMA (or sometimes just get your tickets there) they will give you a AAA diamond parking pass, last time we only got one (maybe they give more when booking your whole vacation?) It is only good once and for us was just a waste of time. You have to be there early to take advantage of it because the AAA spaces are limited. But if you get there early enough, you get a space that's close to the gate anyway, so to us there was no benefit. When you drive thru the parking archway, you tell the CM that you have a AAA pass he will direct you to the AAA area. Maybe it was more useful to others but we didn't bother.

We used the Diamond Parking Pass in April of 1999. It was given to us by CAA when we purchased the 7 day passes.

We used it at every park. They have a designated area, usually next to the disabled parking. The advantage is that you don't have to wait for the tram because you are close enough to walk to your vehicle. We found it very handy.

We paid the same rate for parking as everyone else.

You may have to ask for the pass at your local CAA if it isn't included with your passes. It is worthwhile having.

Enjoy your trip.

We booked our trip through CAA (AAA vacations) and received a diamond parking pass. We used it all eleven days, parked beside the disability lot, never a problem getting a spot and walked right in the front entrance to every park. My pass has an expiry date on it of December 2003, so if we did go back in October, I would use it again. (I also got a AAA diamond discount card good for discounts at DTD stores and some restaurants good until the end of the year).

When we were at WDW in April parking was $7/day. Our first day we paid as we had annual passes which had not been activated. We were told to go to one of the guest services to claim that money back, which we did at AK. It took the lady almost 20 minutes to process the paper work and the amount of paper I was given to sign was quite lengthy ( talk about a waste).
I hung in there and came out clutching my $7 US, which was worth more than, but I see now why some people just give up and walk away:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter