• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at resorts for breakfast

stultress

Earning My Ears
I am (sadly, long story) staying offsite for an upcoming trip to WDW. We have breakfast reservations at 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickey's, and we will be driving a rental car. What can I expect with regard to parking when we arrive? Will we be able to park for free once we give our ADR info? Can we leave our vehicle there for the whole day after that and just use Disney transportation to the parks?

Yes u can park your car there for breakfast...however u can't really leave your car there for the whole day unless u pay for valet. The valet parking spot is good for 24hours so once u park there with the valet u can go on your merry way lol. Valet I believe is around $20-$25 so it's probably around the same cost that it would cost u to park at the parks for the day.

The lots are posted as not for theme park parking. Regardless of the resort the lots just aren't big enough to accommodate everyone who want to do what the OP is suggesting. And, the resort's own guests have to be able to find a spot when they return and the have no other option. So, no it's not for all day parking after an ADR and courtesy says you move after the ADR and let the resort's guest have the spot. People expect that courtesy at their resort and should show it at a resort they are visiting. Either that or valet park.

I also think u could park your car at the TTC and then take the monorail to your destinations. I am pretty sure the monorail/boat open around 7ish so u should have no problems parking there and taking the monorai/boat over.

If you have to pay for parking at the TTC, I would just pay for valet. Save your receipt and it's good for any valet lot all day.

To answer the first part of your question - when you arrive at the resort, you just tell them you have an ADR and they will direct you on where to park. The time limit is 3 hours, I believe.

From there, we always just drive over to TTC or whatever park we are doing for the day and park in their lot.

Have fun!

You will be allowed to park there for your reservation. Parking at the resorts is not meant for theme park access, but for those who are staying there or for those currently using the resort's facilities such as dining and shopping.

Will we be able to park for free once we give our ADR info?
Yes.
Can we leave our vehicle there for the whole day after that and just use Disney transportation to the parks?
No.

The guard may or may not tell you that you have a three hour time limit. They also may or may not give you a temporary parking pass with that time limit.

I'm not suggesting that anyone park at a hotel and then go to a theme park all day, but wonder if the "they will tow you" is just a line to scare people from not doing so, or if they actually do tow you and what the costs are to get the vehicle back. We'll have a car for our Nov stay ($220 for the whole week, thanks Alamo @ Disney Car Care Center) and could easily do so, but we will be parking @ TTC.

I'm not suggesting that anyone park at a hotel and then go to a theme park all day, but wonder if the "they will tow you" is just a line to scare people from not doing so, or if they actually do tow you and what the costs are to get the vehicle back. We'll have a car for our Nov stay ($220 for the whole week, thanks Alamo @ Disney Car Care Center) and could easily do so, but we will be parking @ TTC.
I've seen people towed at CR. I don't know what it would cost to get it back, but I've never encountered a tow release fee that is less than paying $25 to valet.

I've seen people towed at CR. I don't know what it would cost to get it back, but I've never encountered a tow release fee that is less than paying $25 to valet.

I'm with you. Part of me is also saying that in lieu of the TTC, paying the valet fee, when paying $5,000 for the whole trip, isn't even a drop in the bucket. Question- can I re-enter multiple times with the valet fee paid for the day? Ex- we are heading to Contemporary for Chef Mickey and then back to MK later in the afternoon for the Christmas party. Can I used my original ticket to park with valet a 2nd time for no charge?

My guess is that any fee for towing will meet or exceed what you paid to rent the car!!

To add that I am not sure what the towing law is at WDW. Some areas cannot legally tow unless there is a posted sign saying so, and where the car will be towed to.

I doubt the police would be interested in responding to a report of a stolen/missing car when it actuality it was towed.

I'm with you. Part of me is also saying that in lieu of the TTC, paying the valet fee, when paying $5,000 for the whole trip, isn't even a drop in the bucket. Question- can I re-enter multiple times with the valet fee paid for the day? Ex- we are heading to Contemporary for Chef Mickey and then back to MK later in the afternoon for the Christmas party. Can I used my original ticket to park with valet a 2nd time for no charge?

I doubt it. Once you claim the car that first time, that valet parking "event" is over. I'd be surprised if they have any revolving door policy....

I doubt it. Once you claim the car that first time, that valet parking "event" is over. I'd be surprised if they have any revolving door policy....

Really? Most hotels I've visited where I've used valet allow you to re-enter if within 24 hours.

The TTC/theme park lots are pay once, park many. Valet is pay once, park once, I think.

Actually, at WDW, if you pay to valet at one resort, then you can valet at another WDW resort that same day without paying again. It is about $25 a day with in/out charges. (Although, it is customary to tip at each location.) Disney Springs and Swan/Dolphin are not included in these in/out privileges of the WDW resorts.

I do know that I have been some places where valet is per day with in/out include in a set time frame and others where each time you valet is a separate fee. Most places will have signage stating their policy.

can I re-enter multiple times with the valet fee paid for the day?
Yes.
The TTC/theme park lots are pay once, park many. Valet is pay once, park once, I think.
That's incorrect.

The valet fee is valid for the entire day, even at multiple resorts. Keep in mind that you'll need to tip each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter