Parking and Best Transportaton Options

DISNEY1975

DIS Veteran
2 questions...

I will be staying at the Poly with a rental car and planning a few dinners in Epcot and a breakfast on the boardwalk

1) Where can we park for our breakfast at Tratorria al Forno? (looking to get 7:45ish reservation (We are headed to a waterpark after breakfast)

2) Without using the car, what is the best option to get to the IG at Epcot. Dread taking the monorail and walking through the entire park at night, and even worse, walking back after a full meal!

Thanks

You can pay to valet park at Boardwalk, or you can park in the overflow lot across the street.

Lyft/Über to/from Beach Club. But map it out. Depending where you eat,walking through Epcot could be closer.

I would use the car for your boardwalk/waterpark day as the buses from the waterparks aren't direct anymore. Park at the boardwalk then drive to the waterpark after breakfast.

Not sure where your going from Epcot IG ? You could take the HS bus from the Poly then a boat or walk to the Epcot IG (or wherever your going for dinner) or walk through Epcot as you originally mentioned. You could also monorail to the MK then bus to an Epcot resort then walk or boat to the IG. You could also uber/lyft or minivan to a boardwalk resort and again walk or boat to the IG.

2 questions...

I will be staying at the Poly with a rental car and planning a few dinners in Epcot and a breakfast on the boardwalk

1) Where can we park for our breakfast at Tratorria al Forno? (looking to get 7:45ish reservation (We are headed to a waterpark after breakfast)

2) Without using the car, what is the best option to get to the IG at Epcot. Dread taking the monorail and walking through the entire park at night, and even worse, walking back after a full meal!

Thanks
1. when you arrive at BW, security will direct you to the parking area for those with ADRs..it's usually beside the security shack, on the left. Then drive to the water park.
2. I assume that you want to enter via the IG in order to get to WS for dinners. You can't park at any of the resorts, unless you pay to valet park. I would suggest just driving to Epcot and walking back to WS. Or, bus to DHS, park, and take the boat from DHS to the IG.

I would use the car for your boardwalk/waterpark day as the buses from the waterparks aren't direct anymore. Park at the boardwalk then drive to the waterpark after breakfast.

Not sure where your going from Epcot IG ? You could take the HS bus from the Poly then a boat or walk to the Epcot IG (or wherever your going for dinner) or walk through Epcot as you originally mentioned. You could also monorail to the MK then bus to an Epcot resort then walk or boat to the IG. You could also uber/lyft or minivan to a boardwalk resort and again walk or boat to the IG.

Yes, I was planning on driving to the Boardwalk area, but was wondering if there is parking for the Boardwalk area, or should I follow signs to the Boardwalk Inn? Ive never driven to the "Boardwalk" and have never seen parking except for the Inn.

Walking from the beach club to the international gateway is the same distance as walking through Epcot to the international gateway.
I didnt want to park at a resort. Was hoping a boat would get me there from some public parking place.

1. when you arrive at BW, security will direct you to the parking area for those with ADRs..it's usually beside the security shack, on the left. Then drive to the water park.
2. I assume that you want to enter via the IG in order to get to WS for dinners. You can't park at any of the resorts, unless you pay to valet park. I would suggest just driving to Epcot and walking back to WS. Or, bus to DHS, park, and take the boat from DHS to the IG.

What parking exactly am I looking for? "Boardwalk" or the Boardwalk resort parking? Since this restaurant is not part of the resort, I just dont know where to go to park. Yes, we would then drive to the waterpark.

Yes, I want to enter via IG for dinners. Do you think the DHS option has a lot less walking from the parking lot to the boat ramp than from the monorail ramp to WS.....France, Japan, Italy etc..?

Thanks

Yes, I was planning on driving to the Boardwalk area, but was wondering if there is parking for the Boardwalk area, or should I follow signs to the Boardwalk Inn? Ive never driven to the "Boardwalk" and have never seen parking except for the Inn.

I didnt want to park at a resort. Was hoping a boat would get me there from some public parking place.

What parking exactly am I looking for? "Boardwalk" or the Boardwalk resort parking? Since this restaurant is not part of the resort, I just dont know where to go to park. Yes, we would then drive to the waterpark.

Yes, I want to enter via IG for dinners. Do you think the DHS option has a lot less walking from the parking lot to the boat ramp than from the monorail ramp to WS.....France, Japan, Italy etc..?

Thanks

Ok the Boardwalk is the Boardwalk Inn and surrounding area - any restaurants there are part of the boardwalk resort. So yes, follow the signs to the parking for the Boardwalk Inn and ask the guard where to park for your reservation. You can then walk from the parking to the restaurant.

As for dining in Epcot (even in WS) I would just use the monorail and walk to the WS - its much easier than taking the bus or driving to HS and then the boat to IG. Taking the boat from HS would require parking at HS, taking the tram (or walking) to the HS entrance then walking over to the boat dock and riding the boat for 4 stops. After arriving at IG you still have to walk through the IG and up the hill into WS, you will end up between France and UK.

Last edited:

As for dining in Epcot (even in WS) I would just use the monorail and walk to the WS - its much easier than taking the bus or driving to HS and then the boat to IG. Taking the boat from HS would require parking at HS, taking the tram (or walking) to the HS entrance then walking over to the boat dock and riding the boat for 4 stops. After arriving at IG you still have to walk through the IG and up the hill into WS, you will end up between France and UK.

Thats what I was afraid of! I have a bad knee and can take about a day of walking, but if Ive been walking all day, it gets bad at night. Ill just have to suck it up again, or eat in Mexico every night which might not be a bad thing :)

Thats what I was afraid of! I have a bad knee and can take about a day of walking, but if Ive been walking all day, it gets bad at night. Ill just have to suck it up again, or eat in Mexico every night which might not be a bad thing :)
Have you considered renting a mobility scooter (ecv) from an outside company? Travel-size scooters can be disassembled and fit in the trunk of a mid-size car. The heaviest piece weighs around 25-35 lbs., depending on the model.

Companies will deliver it to the resort. For some you need to be present to accept delivery, but other companies have paid Disney for the privilege of leaving it with bell services.

You can find recommendations on the DisAbilities board.

Sorry :( Even if you valet park at the boardwalk or beach club it may be longer than the walk through the IG.

I agree with the OP - maybe see about a scooter? You may just end up enjoying your entire day that much more if you are not sore and tired (or worried about being sore and tired)!

For #2, are you coming from Poly? You could monorail to MK, then bus to Beach Club or Boardwalk to get to the IG. Maybe slightly less walking than from the Epcot entrance to WS, but I can't confirm. It would be close. As mentioned, you could also bus to DHS and then boat to IG, but it may be a longer commute.

For #2, are you coming from Poly? You could monorail to MK, then bus to Beach Club or Boardwalk to get to the IG. Maybe slightly less walking than from the Epcot entrance to WS, but I can't confirm. It would be close. As mentioned, you could also bus to DHS and then boat to IG, but it may be a longer commute.

Honestly, I think that's just as much walking and lots of extra time. Once you get off the monorail you have to exit MK area and walk all the way over to the buses and then possibly to the end of the bus loop (I can't remember where bc or bw stop is). Then you may have additional stops on the BC bus (at dolphin and swan iirc) the then walk through the bc out the other side, up the hill and into the IG.

If I was set on not using the monorail and walking through Epcot I would maybe uber/lyft to the BC and walk.

OP what about the boat inside Epcot that runs from the entrance to WS that goes to America? We haven't used it so I am not sure of the hours or how often it runs but maybe that would save you a few steps.

Honestly, I think that's just as much walking and lots of extra time. Once you get off the monorail you have to exit MK area and walk all the way over to the buses and then possibly to the end of the bus loop (I can't remember where bc or bw stop is). Then you may have additional stops on the BC bus (at dolphin and swan iirc) the then walk through the bc out the other side, up the hill and into the IG.

I'm familiar with the routes. But I'm just thinking from the perspective of walking from the monorail station at Epcot through all of Future World and then around to the WS vs. walking from the monorail platform to the MK bus stops, then walking through the resort to the IG. I would say its a negligible difference in distance, but would agree its probably more time consuming. But at least with the option of monorail to MK/bus to BC or BWI, the walking is broken up with a monorail ride in between.

If I was set on not using the monorail and walking through Epcot I would maybe uber/lyft to the BC and walk.

OP what about the boat inside Epcot that runs from the entrance to WS that goes to America? We haven't used it so I am not sure of the hours or how often it runs but maybe that would save you a few steps.

I'm fairly sure the ferry inside Epcot only operates during the day. I was planning on dinners, and Im sure that late its closed getting ready for / during illuminations.

I'm familiar with the routes. But I'm just thinking from the perspective of walking from the monorail station at Epcot through all of Future World and then around to the WS vs. walking from the monorail platform to the MK bus stops, then walking through the resort to the IG. I would say its a negligible difference in distance, but would agree its probably more time consuming. But at least with the option of monorail to MK/bus to BC or BWI, the walking is broken up with a monorail ride in between.

Thanks for the info. I dont mind the time, but if its only going to save me a few steps, Ill just go the most convenient route. If I could save a mile, then Id go way out of my way to not me limping all night.

As for a scooter. I once contemplated, but I havent given up just yet! We now take longer vacations so we can sit by the pool a day in between each park day. Once that doesnt completely work, a scooter most likely will be next. What worries me more this year is my husband is now complaining about one of his knees. He doesnt handle pain as well as I do :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!