• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park hopping; how/when do I stack at second park?

leebee

DIS Veteran
We have 3 day PH tickets so are planning an MK day and an AK day, with hopping to Epcot for F&W on at least one of those days. On our 3rd day we are planning to start at Epcot and hop to DHS. No interest in riding RotR (btdt and did NOT enjoy it). I had not planned on purchasing Genie + for any of our days in late August, but are considering it for the EP/DS day. If I do this, should I still try to make ride reservations (or whatever they are calling it) at 7am? If I accept a noon time reservation at DHS, will it automatically push out to later in the afternoon (after 2pm) as we don't have a park reservation for DHS? After making my first ride reservation, when can I make another... two hours after the first reservation is made, even though it'd once again be for DHS? We'd want to do ToT, RnRC, MMRR, TSMM, maybe SD, maybe MF. Is there a better order in which to try for these attractions? Do you think we'll have as good a chance of riding some of these if we just hop to DHS, or would G+ be the way to go?

If I do this, should I still try to make ride reservations (or whatever they are calling it) at 7am?
If you wamt Slinky Dog then right at 7:00
If I accept a noon time reservation at DHS, will it automatically push out to later in the afternoon (after 2pm) as we don't have a park reservation for DHS?
Yes. Your Genie+ times will automatically move 2pm or later.

After making my first ride reservation, when can I make another... two hours after the first reservation is made, even though it'd once again be for DHS?
It's 2 hours after park opening for your first park where you have reservations. 2 hours after Epcot opens in your case.

Edited to add: This assumes you made your first reservation at 7am.
Is there a better order in which to try for these
Always try for Slinky first.

I think it helps to update your Genie selections . But admit I have no idea . I am slowly figuring it out using my grandchildren .
They know to make their next selection as soon as they pass the turnstile and get the green light! So I guess they are stacking?
Dont forget to utilize the single rider lines.
Forget Tower of Terror unless you want to torture yourself… they only have one elevator operating, I think.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter