paris visite and museum pass

kaygela

<font color=coral>was having a blond moment at the
Is it easy to obtain these passes when I arrive in Paris or am I better off ordering them, in advance online, and having them there at the hotel when we arrive? :confused3

I don't know about the Visite, but it's much easier to get the Museum pass in Paris. The price is also significantly higher to have it sent to the US, and I think it's also more expensive to have it waiting at the hotel.

Do you know which museum will you be visiting first? :)

You can buy the museum pass at any participating museum, but the lines are often long, so I don't recommend this. I've found it to be better to buy the pass either at an official Tourist Bureau or at a Metro station. The Tourist Bureau can be a good place to stop to get information on basically anything about Paris, so it can be a good place to stop on your first day.

In case ya couldn't tell, I'm jealous!!! ;) Your trip is going to be so fabulous!!! :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: ::MinnieMo

MinnieYC-

Can you tell me where the tourist bureau is and if there is more than one. I think I'm just overly excited about the trip and looking at the passes, etc online is making it even more exciting. :rotfl2:

Thanks for the advice!

There are a few tourist bureaus. I have them written down in a book at home, and I'll look it up when I get home.

There is a good one at the Carousel de Louvre. The Carousel is basically a shopping mall right next to the Louvre (there's also an entrance to the Louvre within it). That's where we got our Museum Passes during our most recent trip. We bought them in the morning, and then went straight to the Louvre, since we were already there. Even though it was February (aka NOT prime tourist season in Paris), the lines at the Louvre were horrendous.- avoiding them with the pass was great!!! :)

There is a tourist at DLRP in front of the RER Station.
The Paris Visite Ticket can be bought like any RER ticket at the Station.

Greets
Renate :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter