Paris transportation questions

gelatoni fan

DIS Veteran
After returning from Paris, I realized that there were a lot of things that I didn't optimize transportation wise so I wanted to know some things for my next trip.

1. For second class TGV tickets, are you supposed to just take any seat until you get kicked out by someone who reserved your seat using a first class ticket? Are there any seats you can just take without paying 1st class fares? Basically, I had an awkward situation taking the train from CDG airport to Disneyland area because I took someone's seat.

2. Is there any way to get a transportation card that just covers RER zone 5? From my understanding, you can get a Navigo Easy and ticket packs within there for transportation within Paris. This doesn't cover Disneyland area RER trains. There's also the Navigo decouverte where you can buy weekly passes which include RER trains but these expire on Sunday each week.

Since I stayed in Val d'Europe, I was going to Disneyland by RER within one zone which costs 2,15 EUR each way. I got a weekly pass on the decouverte but after doing the math, it seems like this was more expensive than just buying individual RER tickets. Is buying paper tickets each time the only option to get single zone RER pricing?

After returning from Paris, I realized that there were a lot of things that I didn't optimize transportation wise so I wanted to know some things for my next trip.

1. For second class TGV tickets, are you supposed to just take any seat until you get kicked out by someone who reserved your seat using a first class ticket? Are there any seats you can just take without paying 1st class fares? Basically, I had an awkward situation taking the train from CDG airport to Disneyland area because I took someone's seat.

2. Is there any way to get a transportation card that just covers RER zone 5? From my understanding, you can get a Navigo Easy and ticket packs within there for transportation within Paris. This doesn't cover Disneyland area RER trains. There's also the Navigo decouverte where you can buy weekly passes which include RER trains but these expire on Sunday each week.

Since I stayed in Val d'Europe, I was going to Disneyland by RER within one zone which costs 2,15 EUR each way. I got a weekly pass on the decouverte but after doing the math, it seems like this was more expensive than just buying individual RER tickets. Is buying paper tickets each time the only option to get single zone RER pricing?
They sell "carnet" of 10 tickets at a slightly discounted rate. For example, a 10 tickets carnet for Paris is 16,90€ instead of 2,10€ per ticket.
They sell a zone 4-5 weekly pass navigo but the difference is just a few euro (see attachment).

Download the Bonjour Ratp app, it's very convenient to buy tickets on the go and you can store and use the ticket on the device, saving the hassle of buying the Navigo decouvert card (it requires a passport size picture and to go to a major station ticket office).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230618_103256_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230618_103256_Samsung Internet.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter