Parents during check-in: What are you going to do?

BadDad

Mouseketeer
My S did Spr Adv 2011, My D is doing Spr Adv 2014 (2/3/2014).

During my S check-in, I sat and waited (2-3 hours) while then D17 toured DTD, AKL and rode the monorail.

If sunny: I'm going to hit the walkway between Epcot and DHS around the Broadwalk

If Raining: I'm going to head to DTD, jump on a resort bus to a monorail resort and ride!

Who's game?

Sounds like a great plan!!! I haven't thought about what I will do. I sure don't want to sit and wait hours and do nothing!!!

I snapped a picture in may when dd checked in. this is the area friends and family can wait. they give you stuff to read about the program, they have cards you can fill out that they delv. to your kid after about two weeks so they can real home sick. :lmao: they give you a tour of a room and there are cps around to answer all your questions. it happens pretty fast. we dropped her at 7am and she was on her way to casting by 9. she was back by 10:30 with her key and room number. heres the wait area. I have to add, the kids you see in the blue shirts are great!!! all kids who are in or where in the program and can answer any questions you have.

here is what the area looks like that the kids line up to check in.( you can see the buses in the background that take them to casting.)

as everything Disney does, its organized and pain free. (just make sure from the shoulders up they are in the Disney look.they get there company pictures taken at this point. if not, they will be before they take there picture. lol )

she came back from casting, we moved her and her roomie in (one bedroom so it was just the two of them) we drove them both to walmart to get some last second stuff they need and they were set. we were done by 4pm with out rushing around.

If your kid is in Vista Way and you have the room key, you can start moving them in. This is going to be "my" second time with a kid in CP

If your kid is in Vista Way and you have the room key, you can start moving them in. This is going to be "my" second time with a kid in CP

I wasn't carrying all that crap in myself.:lmao: I thought she was moving in for good. we had a tv,dvd player, suit cases, plastic drawers, bags, keurig coffee maker computer stuff, books, you name it.
dw and I went down three weeks later to visit and we took some stuff back home with us. went down again in September to bring her "winter " clothes and brought more back. when we go down in December im sure we will bring more home. :lmao: not to mention all the stuff she bought!!! :lmao:

My son checked in August 12, and was in and out...casting and all, pretty quickly. The new DORMS registration for housing has really sped things up. However, while he was checking in, I was was napping. :) I haven't been down yet, but I am taking an empty suitcase with me in December and am sure I will be bringing it home loaded. Checkout should be interesting as he has landed a DCP Girlfriend...She from NY, he from TX...OY!

I wasn't carrying all that crap in myself.:lmao: I thought she was moving in for good. we had a tv,dvd player, suit cases, plastic drawers, bags, keurig coffee maker computer stuff, books, you name it.
dw and I went down three weeks later to visit and we took some stuff back home with us. went down again in September to bring her "winter " clothes and brought more back. when we go down in December im sure we will bring more home. :lmao: not to mention all the stuff she bought!!! :lmao:

Oh my! Can I relate! My daughter took WAY too much stuff when she went down Spring 2012. I told this time 2 suitcases and I will ship 1 box of bedding and the foam mattress topper. THAT"S IT!

jb :thumbsup2

Thanks for the DORMS info.

Because participants will now arrive with their Housing paperwork and will already have an apartment assignment, upon arrival participants will immediately pick up their keys and begin the move in process.

◦Participants will no longer be asked during check-in for their apartment complex and unit size preferences since this information is collected in DORMS prior to arrival.
◦In order to request to reside with multiple people in a single apartment unit, it is no longer necessary to check-in together
◦Those choosing to line up at 7am will have no advantage over anyone arriving later in the day in regards to obtaining an apartment or roommate of choice. Everyone has an equal opportunity to indicate their preferences prior to arrival in DORMS.
Participants who did not complete the pre-registration process will not be placed pre-arrival and will be processed in a ‘stand-by’ queue.

Upon arrival they will be asked to log-in, pre-register and print out arrival documents prior to placement. As placement will have already occurred, unit availability will be very limited to those that arrive without pre-registering.

We strongly encourage everyone to participate in Housing pre-registration.

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter