• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Palo - Dining Alone

I did. I am usually cruising with just my daughter, who is off at the lab, so it is typically just me. I did the single at Palo thing and honestly, I wasn't uncomfortable at first, but then the meal took so long, it did get uncomfortable for me. And the waiter kept trying to talk to me, which I realize was probably his attempt to be nice, but I'm not someone who wants to chat like that, so...yeah, for me, I wouldn't do it again. Not the dinner. I've done brunch a couple of times as a single and have no problem with that. I think it is all the up and down and eat at my own pace thing that makes it easier.

On a more recent cruise, I ended up going to Palo with my table mates and that was fun.

I have always had amazing experiences dining alone at Palo. No one felt overbearing (and I would have no problem saying "Thanks, but I'm fine and would like to eat." if I felt people were hovering), but I always felt well taken care of.

Highly recommended!!

I'm considering it for our next cruise. DH and I went to dinner twice and were sort of meh on it and wasn't interested in brunch so on our last cruise I dragged my mom and step dad and we all loved brunch. I'm working on DH, hoping I can get him to come around, but if he doesn't, I'll probably go to brunch alone.

Sometimes cruise meet groups organize a Palo brunch. If you don't want to eat alone, that might be an option for you.

I did it several times. I did not feel uncomfortable but I agree on bringing something to read.

Not Palo, but I did dine alone at Remy once and it was fine. I was doing the inaugural Castawy Cay runDisney Challenge and my wife was unable to take the time off (we had her birthday cruise later in that month). Since enjoys Palo, but has no interest in Remy, so I took that opportunity to try it out.

Has anyone ever dined at Palo alone? If so, is it uncomfortable?
No, I have never seen this. However, one of the saddest things I ever saw at Disney, imho, was a grown man dining alone at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort at WDW. It kind of creeped my kids out.

MUN

I see many people dining alone at brunch, seems to be quite common. I have never noticed at dinner because I was too infatuated with looking in the eyes of my beautiful, adoring husband during a romantic evening that distractions for me were difficult to notice (and hopefully you've picked up on my sarcasm :crazy2: :rotfl2:) Seriously though I am sure it's common at dinner too, just seems more crowded at dinner that I don't recall as many singles as I remembered being at brunch.

I've done both Palo brunch and dinner and Remy dinner alone and loved every second of it. I would do it again with no hesitation.

I have done it once for dinner only. Never a bad night eating in Palo watching the sun set.

No, I have never seen this. However, one of the saddest things I ever saw at Disney, imho, was a grown man dining alone at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort at WDW. It kind of creeped my kids out.

MUN

Why is that creepy? His family might have been off enjoying other things and he just wanted a meal. Or he could have been a blogger or reviewer or something like that.

MUN
This is the reason why I would never travel solo to WDW. Have been all over the country & Caribbean & over 10 cruises solo but as much as I would love to do Disney without all my nephews and nieces it will probably never happen.

This is the reason why I would never travel solo to WDW. Have been all over the country & Caribbean & over 10 cruises solo but as much as I would love to do Disney without all my nephews and nieces it will probably never happen.

Please don't let an anonymous person on the internet, especially one who often posts in a way to rile people up, stop you from enjoying a trip to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter