• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Own an golf cart and take it with you?

breick

DIS Veteran
How many people have your own golf cart and take it to FW with you? I'm thinking I need one of those quad cab trucks...then I could pull my popup and put a golf cart in the back of the truck!

I've seen numerous people that bring their own golf carts. I would say save some money and bring it with you.

We bought one a few years ago. During some seasons it was getting to the point where renting the golf cart is more expensive then the site. We go about 5 - 6 times a year and it was a good investement for us. We have a toy box that we haul it in when we go camping.

The Bike Barn in the meadows area has golf carts available for rental to FW campers. At around $42 a day the cost can add up quick. But, fear not for those of you who have your own personal electric cart, Disney will allow you to bring it into the campground.

For a time there was a big business of commercial cart rental companies delivering rental carts to FW, but Disney no longer allows them to the campground. If you have a means to pick them up and transport them yourself, outside rentals are still available.

My favorite mode of transportation in the campground is my bike. Most mornings while I'm at FW, you will see me on the bike headed to the Meadows Trading Post for my first cup of coffee.

Lots of folks have their own carts. In December, I even saw one family tooling around in one of those John Deere farm carts. Most carts I saw were electric, but a few were gas powered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter