Out of State Disneyland Trip Planning Thread

TikiTikiFan

DIS Veteran
I think non-CA residents might benefit from their own space to discuss their Disneyland trip planning, speculations, etc. Then we can keep all the info in one place which I think would make everyone happy.

I got approval from the mods to "re-start" this thread. So, when do y'all hope to return to DLR? I've shifted all our plans to Thanksgiving but it's sure disappointing to have to wait!

Disneyland Resort Theme Parks to Welcome Back Guests from Outside California Beginning June 15; Plus, Theme Park Reservation Window Expands, Allowing More Time to Plan Your Visit
Kelsey Lynch, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort

by Kelsey Lynch, Public Relations Manager, Disneyland Resort
Since we began our phased reopening of Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park on April 30, guests have experienced countless magical moments back at the Happiest Place on Earth. From waving hello to beloved Disney characters, to lots of laughter on favorite attractions and enjoying themed treats all around the resort – magic is definitely here at the Disneyland Resort!
And with the all-new land of Avengers Campus opening at Disney California Adventure park on June 4, plus the reopening of Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel on June 15 and Disneyland Hotel on July 2, there couldn’t be a more exciting time to visit Disneyland Resort.
Today, we’re pleased to announce that beginning June 15, 2021, we will once again be able to welcome travelers from outside the state of California back to our theme parks! Out-of-state visitors may now begin booking their return to the parks on Disneyland.com. Until June 15, all guests visiting the Disneyland Resort must be California residents visiting in groups no larger than 3 households.*
The State of California strongly recommends that all guests be fully vaccinated or obtain a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering the theme parks. In addition, all guests will be required to wear an approved face covering throughout their visit at the Disneyland Resort.
As always, our procedures may change as we continue to update our health and safety processes based on guidance from the state of California and local health officials. The latest details to know before you go can be found on Disneyland.com/Updates. We recommend that you check back on the website often, as information continues to be updated.
As a reminder, to enter a theme park, all guests (ages 3 and older) need to have both a ticket and theme park reservation for the same park on the same date. We recently announced a new way for guests to purchase theme park tickets at the same time they make park reservations.
We’re also excited to share an additional update on the theme park reservation system. Beginning today, the booking window for theme park reservations has expanded out to 120 days, allowing guests even more time to plan their return to the resort! Check the theme park reservation calendar for availability.
We look forward to sharing more information, soon. Keep your eyes peeled here on the Disney Parks Blog, as well as Disneyland.com!
*Applicable government travel advisories may apply to visits both before and after June 15. Please see Disneyland.com/Updates for more information.

Attachments

• 703D16FA-99E1-4C2F-990B-4AAC4EF91C8A.png
    703D16FA-99E1-4C2F-990B-4AAC4EF91C8A.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 559
Last edited:
Hi, thanks for re-starting the thread. I hope to make 3 short trips: One in summer, one around Halloween and one around Christmas. I would honestly go ASAP but waiting to see what guidance is for out-of-state visitors. 🙂

Thank you for the new thread. We have October hotel and flight reservations. Bottom line is we all love Disneyland and should not be pitting in state and out of state fans against each other. We all have the same goal in mind, as safe return to our happy place.

Some great news for us out of staters today! We booked a trip June 15-17 in hopes that the restrictions would be lifted. My husband and I are fully vaccinated but we have 3 children under 16 that are not eligible. Sounds like we are still in limbo with our trip, but are super flexible as we are only a 6 hour drive away from Disneyland.

It's a step in the right direction, I think! I'm dying to hear from Disneyland. All we have so far is this:

https://blogmickey.com/2021/04/disn...pOMubfyAJMRXYcowC1GdNPPx8aHfu75lfEEetiKD2AgpM
"Until further notice, only California residents may visit our parks, in line with current state guidelines. Please visit our policy here."

But they shared this BEFORE the CDPH confirmed the addemnum. So it makes me think if we might get a new statement, for better or worse.

My kiddo is 11 so we'd be in the same boat with that issue. There'd have to be some kind of loophole for kids (negative tests?) or this wouldn't fly.

Hi, thanks for re-starting the thread. I hope to make 3 short trips: One in summer, one around Halloween and one around Christmas. I would honestly go ASAP but waiting to see what guidance is for out-of-state visitors. 🙂

The three best times of year to go! ☺

I pushed my trip to Thanksgiving week... but part of me is like... would it be insane to just go out there real quick in August even if we just went to WDW in June? How much of a crazy Disney adult am I?! I just miss Disneyland so much it makes my heart hurt.

Maybe.... Disneyland is holding their line for now so they aren't flooded for the first couple weeks of opening? I'm just avidly watching since I will already be down there the first week in June. I bought tickets from a 3PP the other day figuring if they open it up I can use then, or I can save for my trip in September/October. No harm, no foul. But let me tell you if they change their stance sometime in May I will be flying to the park registration link so fast my mouse will leave skid marks on my desk. Either way though, just happy that things are moving and there is HOPE again.

Glad the thread is back. I'm up in Washington and have an October trip planned with my husband, daughter, and another family. Hotel and flights are paid for we just need tickets. My husband will not get the vaccine but I have my first shot. He is fully aware I'll be heading down without him if it's a requirement.

My biggest planning fear is buying tickets and then reserving. I need to buy 9 tickets for our group and then hopefully get reservations for five days in a row. Also the park hopper or not question. We are big time parkhoppers but also have used maxpass since it came out, we bounced back and forth all day because of how close the parks are.

The other thing is all the restaurants that are closed. We love Rancho Del Zocalo and hope that's open by the time we go.

I guess my group has a long time to think about this, especially if they continue with rolling dates.

Happy planning all!

We have a trip planned for Memorial Day weekend with expiring DVC points. We have been planning on a resort/beach trip but are watching this news intently. Two of us have tickets and I’m soooooo tempted to get the other two and hedge our bets, but also trying to be responsible.

I also have a trip planned with just me and my son that has been moved 3-4 times, hence the tickets. That is now planned for 9/10-12 with a backup booked for WDW.

Thanks for starting this! I am not sure when we will plan on going back. We were there when it closed and I am disappointed reopening is in state only but am also happy to let others experience the hiccups first. We had actually been planning a WDW trip for this fall but because of the pandemic it kinda messed up my boyfriend's job schedule and so now I don't know what we are doing for his 50th. Maybe head down to DL instead for a shorter trip if his schedule allows then.

We have a trip planned for Memorial Day weekend with expiring DVC points. We have been planning on a resort/beach
trip but are watching this news intently. Two of us have tickets and I’m soooooo tempted to get the other two and hedge our bets, but also trying to be responsible.

I also have a trip planned with just me and my son that has been moved 3-4 times, hence the tickets. That is now planned for 9/10-12 with a backup booked for WDW.

Fingers crossed for you! That would make your DVC stay so much better! :jumping1:

That's promising, but at the same time, frustrating if you have children since vaccines aren't available yet for children under age 16.

Agreed. Someone posted in one of the other threads that for events that have this same restriction it only applies to ages 12 and up with a negative covid test being an option too. For theme parks though? Who knows.

Agreed. Someone posted in one of the other threads that for events that have this same restriction it only applies to ages 12 and up with a negative covid test being an option too. For theme parks though? Who knows.

My kids are 12 and 14. I'm not taking them to get a COVID test just to go to Disneyland. We'll just wait. It's interesting how CA and FL are so different in handling things. No vaccine or negative COVID tests are required to go there.

We have dance Nationals in San Diego in late June (coming from Arizona), and we have DL tickets (5-day PH) that expire December 16, so, since we're going to be there anyway, we're planning on driving up on July 3. I have booked a hotel, the hubs (who isn't coming to the dance thing) will be flying out and I'll pick him up. None of us expect to be vaccinated, and we don't really want to be, but, if we must - and ONLY if we must - we will. I'd rather do the test twice than the vaccine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter