Our Thanksgiving Fantasy - Nov 22-Dec 1 - COMPLETE!!

Those purse are adorable. Where did you get the pattern? I love giving my mom projects to keep her busy. Then she doesn't bother me. :rotfl2: Seriously the woman is never home,

The last meal looked really good and I love Baked Alaska.

Good luck with the surgery. I am still debating what to do with mine, From what I have googled I may do it if it's just a scope. I guess I should call the drs office for a visit but the cold and snow have preoccupied me as has my new grandson. He was one of the things I was waiting on.

I have actually been pricing cruises. You have inspired me. It would give me my Disney fix but would also mean a lot less walking for my DH. Still thinking about it but seriously. Just need to decide which we would prefer.

Those purse are adorable. Where did you get the pattern? I love giving my mom projects to keep her busy. Then she doesn't bother me. :rotfl2: Seriously the woman is never home,

I got the pattern off of Etsy. Search quilter's wallet and you should find it.

The last meal looked really good and I love Baked Alaska.

It was good. We really enjoyed it.

Good luck with the surgery. I am still debating what to do with mine, From what I have googled I may do it if it's just a scope. I guess I should call the drs office for a visit but the cold and snow have preoccupied me as has my new grandson. He was one of the things I was waiting on.

I dread that surgery. But if it fixes this semi-handicapped state that I am in now, it will be worth it. But still - I dread it. Hard.

I have actually been pricing cruises. You have inspired me. It would give me my Disney fix but would also mean a lot less walking for my DH. Still thinking about it but seriously. Just need to decide which we would prefer.

Ooooo - that is exciting. Keep me posted and let me know if you have any questions!!

LOVED your trip report! Great pictures and great descriptions! I loved the movie Frozen as well, so cute your DD wanted to watch it so many times. LOL! Glad to see your son could enjoy himself as well. My DD likes the same bands your DS likes! We are cruising this September and I can't wait!! Thanks for the report.:)

LOVED your trip report! Great pictures and great descriptions! I loved the movie Frozen as well, so cute your DD wanted to watch it so many times. LOL! Glad to see your son could enjoy himself as well. My DD likes the same bands your DS likes! We are cruising this September and I can't wait!! Thanks for the report.:)

Thanks !! Stay tuned !! It isn't over yet!! We still have two more Disney days to tell you about.

She still talks about Frozen every day.

He made some great friends.

I know you are super excited about your cruise !!

Last night on the ship already? Time flies when you're having fun...

Dinner looks great!

I always hate the packing up time. At least you have more to do after the cruise

Hey yall !! We have a snow day here which is rare for us. So I have time for an update. I love a snow day. We got about 3 inches. We havent had a significant snow event since 2011, so the kids were very excited and have been out playing the snow all morning.

Day 9  Part 1

When I last left you, we were settling in for our last night on the ship. When we woke up, we looked outside and sadly realized  our cruise was over.

But we had something to look forward to  two more Disney days, so we grabbed up our carry-on luggage and headed down to the lobby to disembark.

Usually, there is a See Ya Real soon breakfast for everyone. But on our last cruise, the breakfast wasnt that great. And since we were early seating, our breakfast was scheduled for 6:45 AM. So  no. We opted to sleep in and just get up and go. I had stored away some dry cereal from the buffet and I ate that, but the other people in my family dont need breakfast like I do.

We got off the ship pretty easily, we found a porter, got all of our luggage and sailed through customs. We were in the car in no time and headed back to Disney World.

After about an hour, we were seeing this beautiful sight.

And then we pulled in here.

We had a one bedroom villa. I stood in line at check-in while DH and the kids did some exploring.

Check-in was crazy with people coming in and checking out all at once. I gave our name and the girl went to get our magic bands. We already have some,  I said. Well this seemed to throw her off her game. Even though I did early check-in, they didnt have that info. I said I didnt want another set and that we wanted to use the ones we have. So DH had to go out to the car to get all of them and then the waiting began. Back and forth to the back. Managers show up and ask questions. After about 45 minutes everything was settled and they had a room ready for us  YAY!! We were given our magic bands back and we were also issued key cards. We grabbed some luggage and headed up to the room.

The magic bands dont work but the key cards do. We open the door and ------

Our room was most certainly NOT ready. There were sheets and trash bags everywhere. It was clear this room was in the process of being cleaned. I stepped over to the phone and called the front desk. They were very confused as to why the room wasnt ready and so they said they would give us another room number. They did and said our key cards should work on that room.

So we go up one level and no  the key cards dont work. A CM took pity on us and let us in. DH and the kids got settled while I went downstairs to straighten out the mess. DH had to bring all of the magic bands back down again. It was a HUGE hassle. But after about two hours of going back and forth, we were finally checked in and settled. Our key cards worked, but our magic bands never did work on the door to our room.

The room was really nice and big compared to our stateroom.

Master bedroom

Living room. This had a chair bed and a couch pull-out, so the kids liked that.

Kitchen

The 1 bedroom villas at AKL have two full baths. This was the one off the foyer.

Master Bath

Our room was deemed awesome and we got our stuff settled and then headed out. Our park for the day was Epcot. And we had fast pass plus reservations for this day. More on that in the next update.

Love the update on AKV. We are looking to stay there one night before checking into BLT for the rest of the week in December. Cant wait to hear more :goodvibes

I hate the last morning on the cruise but a couple days at AKL really soften the blow. :)

Jill in CO

The food from Cookies looks/sounds good. I LOVE BBQ so that is like heaven to moi.

WHY CANT THE WDW TRAMS LOOK LIKE THAT

NOO the cruise can’t be over already!
Ok well WDW is cool too…..

I am SO sad that we didn’t get over to AKL during Christmas. I was dying to see the decorations but oh well. Good thing we live in FL :P

I can’t believe it took two hours for check in. That is ridiculous.

I love the villas at AKL, although taking 2 hours to get all checked in and settled in is a bit ridiculous!

Yay for a snow day! :cool1:

The food from Cookies looks/sounds good. I LOVE BBQ so that is like heaven to moi.

Good food. Nom.

WHY CANT THE WDW TRAMS LOOK LIKE THAT

I know .... so cute!!

NOO the cruise can’t be over already!
Ok well WDW is cool too…..

Fastest seven days ever ....

I am SO sad that we didn’t get over to AKL during Christmas. I was dying to see the decorations but oh well. Good thing we live in FL :P

All of the Disney Christmas stuff was awesome. All of it.

I can’t believe it took two hours for check in. That is ridiculous.

It was ridiculous. And you know what it did to my mood that day. I was quite the whiner.

I love the villas at AKL, although taking 2 hours to get all checked in and settled in is a bit ridiculous!

It was ridiculous and I was NOT happy. But, what can you do???

Yay for a snow day! :cool1:

It was a nice relaxing day. Ankle surgery tomorrow :sad2::sad1::sad:

I love your room! But what a paid to get it. I hope you wrote and complained. they need to know when these bands and the MDE is not working so they can tweak it. I feel no person should ever have issues like this. But wow...that room is awesome.

It was ridiculous. And you know what it did to my mood that day. I was quite the whiner.

It was a nice relaxing day. Ankle surgery tomorrow :sad2::sad1::sad:

Good luck with the surgery tomorrow!

Jill in CO

I love your room! But what a paid to get it. I hope you wrote and complained. they need to know when these bands and the MDE is not working so they can tweak it. I feel no person should ever have issues like this. But wow...that room is awesome.

It was a pain. I am not a fan of the magic bands and fast pass plus. Nope, not at all. It was a great room!!

Good luck with the surgery tomorrow!

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill!!

Good luck with your surgery!

Sorry you had so much trouble checking in. It's annoying when something that should be so simple takes forever and eats up part of your vacation time.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter