Our land and sea celebratory vacay- Fantasy May 14, 2022

lizzyb

DIS Veteran
I have been a long time trip report reader and I absolutely love reading about everyone's experience as it got me all excited for my trips or helped make decisions. Therefore, I decided I should contribute in case there is anyone else like me. This is my first trip report so please be patient.

Backstory

This trip is two and half years in the making. We booked a cruise on our last sailing in September 2019. We were to sail in September 2021 but we know how that all played out. Our sailing was the last one to be cancelled which I was ok with since I did not want to cruise with heavy Covid restrictions. Also, coming from Canada further complicated matters. Thankfully we had booked this sailing as a back up and we were ready to go.

This will likely be our last vacation with all five of us as DS is off to university in the fall and my other DS is only a few years behind him. We hadn't been to Disney World in several years so we decided to go all in... land and sea.

When we started looking at WDW we quickly realized how expensive it had become. Even comparing September 2021 to May 2022 the resort (Art of Animation) was going to cost $1,100 more, and that is US funds. We decided it simply was not worth it considering that there was no more magical express, early entry was only half hour and then we would be restricted to eating mostly on property.

We booked the week at Home2 Suites by International Drive. The hotel was close to the parks (maximum drive time to parks was about 20 minutes), gave us a free breakfast and saved us well over $2,000US.

I was concerned about missing the "Disney Magic" as we had always stayed onsite but truthfully, I did not and would not hesitate to stay offsite again.

Next up: Day one- May 7, 2022

Day 1

We live relatively close to the US border and found an amazing deal flying from Buffalo to Orlando with JetBlue. This is a 2 hour drive for it but so incredibly easy. I would even pay more to fly from Buffalo instead of Toronto.

We hit the road at around 4am for our 8:15 flight. It was an easy drive, no issues at the border and security was a breeze.

The flight was on time and took off at the exact time.

We landed in Orlando and went to baggage claim. DH went off to the Budget counter to get our rental. It took about half hour or so for our luggage to arrive which is about how long the car rental took. After picking up a Florida pass for the tolls (which worked great), we drove off to our hotel.

Luckily our room was ready so we were able to drop off our bags. We quickly grabbed lunch at a Chick fil a nearby and headed to Epcot.

We purchased our park tickets through Undercover tourist so we had to go to guest services to get cards. There was no line and in less than 5 minutes we had our cards and were ready to go. It was around 2 on at this point.

As soon as we got in we walked into Spaceship earth. We managed to get on Finding nemo, Mission Space, and Soarin very quickly. We waited about 30minuted for Test Track. Remy was a much longer wait, we probably waiting about an hour and a half for that. It was such a cute ride though.

It was around 8pm and we were all exhausted and headed back to the hotel 36845403-F624-437B-AC02-2D6AB398EAED.jpeg28F898D1-4F35-4D34-B918-164722DC3472.jpeg

Day 2- Mother's Day

We got up early hoping to make it to rope drop at the Magic Kingdom. Since we were offsite, we could only go at opening which today was at 9am.

We parked at the ticket and transportation centre and made our way to the monorail. By the time we got to the park it was around 9:10am. We decided to try to head left to adventure land. Based on my research this would be the least busy. We got to POTC and it was a 5 minute wait. Then we headed to Splash Mountain which was about 15 minutes, then Big Thunder Mountain which was about 25 minutes. All these rides took less than the stated wait time.

We then lined up for Haunted Mansion which took 45 minutes.

DS had wanted to try the Cheshire Cat tail so we stopped for a snack/break. This was ok but nothing special.

Minetrain had wait time of around 1 hr, Space Mountain was the longest which took almost an hour an a half.

We headed out to dinner at O'hana. This is a family favourite, although our last visit was not the greatest.

The dinner was very good although we preferred the old salad. We were not fans of the chicken. The biggest disappointment to me was the bread pudding. I like pineapple but much prefer the old bananas foster sauce. All in all a good meal but a very expensive one.

We headed back to the parks and rode some of the smaller rides until we were all exhausted and headed back to the hotel.9D2EC8AD-7B5E-4C0C-B7B2-F4E500117BA9.jpeg

Day 3- Hollywood Studios

From my research, this was the park that you would want Disney Genie + at so I got up nice and early to purchase it for the day. I was on the app right at 7am and tried to get Slinky dog. I clicked on it right at 7 and got a return of 12:20.

We went to the park for rope drop and made it through the crowds heading straight to Rise of the Resistance. We got there and it was at a 40 minute wait, I think it only took about 30. From there we went on Muppets and Star Wars as they had low wait times. Everything else was over an hour. We went to Mickey and Minnies Runaway and waited almost an hour. By this time, I was able to book another lightning lane and got Toy Story Mania at 12:30.

We grabbed some snacks, mainly the Ronto wrap and blue milk.

By this time we could not get any lighting lanes for anything soon so booked Smugglers run for 6:20. We decided to head back to the hotel for a break. While at the hotel, I was able to book Tower of Terror for 5:40 after it had showed as sold out.

After dinner, we headed back to the park to ride those rides, we were also able to book a lighting lane to ride Mickey and Minnie's Railway again.

Rockin rollercoaster was down so we could not ride this.

After riding the rides, we called it a day and headed back to the hotel.90B8BEEC-0948-47E4-842B-B8956D3EEE35.jpeg

Day 4 - Epcot

This was our second and last day at Epcot. We went for rope drop and headed straight back to Remy. Today the wait was a bit less at around 40 minutes- the posted time. This is such a cute ride, I just wish the wait was not as long as it is quite a short ride.

Next up we went to frozen which was another 40 minutes.

This day was significantly busier than the Saturday and wait times were much higher. Since we had been here before, we just wanted to ride our favourites.

We rode Soarin; with a 30 minute wait, Nemo which was 15 minutes. Test track was at a 75 minute wait so we skipped that

We had decided to have lunch at Les Halles in France. DH and I had the ham and cheese sandwich which was delicious. Then we spent some time snacking around the world with stooping at the usuals, Norway for school bread (which is so disappointing in comparison to what it was years ago), Germany at the Karamell Kuche and the funnel cake stand in the US.

We decided to head back to the hotel for an afternoon break.

After having dinner we headed back to the parks and decided to ride the sky ride. This was our first time back at Disney since this was installed. It is a scenic ride and I am glad we did it. I am not sure I would want to ride it in the middle of summer.

We headed back into Epcot to watch the fireworks. It was a nice show but you really need to be strategic with were you stand and make sure you get there early.836531F1-7320-4336-8105-68A2586CF9CC.jpegA27DEC17-293F-42F6-BA09-289B36F25925.jpeg16A6E20B-6FA9-4210-AE02-30AE48D87423.jpeg

Day 5 - Hollywood Studios

This was our second day at Hollywood Studios and we decided to go without Genie Plus. That was a mistake. Our mission for the day was just to ride the rides we had missed on our first day and ride our favourites.

We headed to the part for rope drop. As the party opened we headed straight to Rise of the Residence, as many others did. Once we got to the area, just before the bridge, there were cast members advising is that the ride was down. We decided to still head in that direction which was a good thing. Just as we got there, it opened back up and we were able to get in line. We ended up waiting less than 30 minutes which was amazing.

We decided to head straight to Smugglers Run. The posted wait time was 40 minutes... we waited almost an hour and a half.

We headed to Rockin Roller Coaster which had a posted 50 minute wait. Shortly after we lined up, the ride when down. We decided to go to Toy Story Mania which had a 50 minute wait. While in line, they were having issues and only one side was running. This made our 50 minute wait an hour and a half.

By this point we were all so frustrated with the wait times and Rockin Roller Coaster was still down. We decided to call it a day.

We headed to the hotel to rejuvenate and then headed to Disney Springs for dinner and some shopping.72348758-8BD0-412D-A04F-3B2BDB15C01B.jpeg3F6C315B-18B5-4E24-9832-C465A119FF97.jpeg

Day 6 - Animal Kingdom

We got up nice and easy to head to the park. This is my least favourite park and we have not been here in years. With the addition of Avatar, which we had heard is amazing, we decided to spend the day here.

During the time we went, the park was opening very early (7:30 am)so we decided to take advantage of that since we wee it getting Genie Plus.

As soon as we got in, we headed straight to Flight of passage, along with the other hundreds of people. The line was already at a 50 minute wait. I have never watched Avatar but Disney did a great job with this area. It is truly beautiful. We ended up waiting right around the 50 minutes to ride. It was an amazing ride, top 2 for all of us.

We decided to head to Kali river which has a 40 minute wait and ended up being closer to an hour. This ride was not worth it, especially when we had to wait so long.

We rode some other rides including Expedition Everest and Bugs life and then headed to lunch at Flaming Tree BBQ. We decided to place a mobile order as that seemed like it would be the quickest option. The portions here are a decent size and we all enjoyed our meals. The hit seemed to be the pulled pork Mac and cheese.

We decided to line up fo Kilimanjaro Safari which had a posted 50 minute wait. This line barely moved in the 20 minutes we were there so we decided to skip out. We headed back to the hotel for a break.

When we headed back to the park we went to ride Dinosaur. I don't know if its always been this bad or I am just getting older, but man that ride is jerky.

We headed to dinner at Yak and Yeti. I had heard great things about this restaurant but had never tried it. We started with the Calamari special they had. It was ok.

For mains, DS and I decided to split so we got the Butter Chicken and the Ahi Tuna Nachos. Both were amazing. The nachos are huge so we should have just got them. The Butter chicken was really good, the clear winner. We would definitely head back to this restaurant.

We decided walk around the park for a bit and grabbed dole whip floats on our way out. Perfect ending to the day.CF893D31-2FE0-419F-8297-7D6B8561C998.jpeg4C7E1628-7414-45E0-8A4A-83D272F47CA8.jpeg

Day 7 - Magic Kingdom

This was our final day at WDW. We decided to get Genie + and logged on at 7am and snatched Jungle Cruise for 10am.

We headed to the park for opening and got on Splash Mountain. I decided to skip out while the rest of the family went... good thing... they were drenched. I have never seen anyone come off that ride that wet. Not sure if it was due to higher water levels at opening. We then headed to Big Thunder Mountain and then our lightning lane at Jungle Cruise.

I was able to get a lightning lane for Haunted Mansion. Today was much busier than our previous day at Magic Kingdom.

We then headed to Mickey's phillarmagic and then snatched up a lighting lane for Peter Pan.

Wait times were quite high so we decided to head back to the hotel for a swim.

While we were gone I got lightning lane for Space Mountain.

When we returned we wee able to get a lightning lane for a ride right after we got off another. We were quickly able to ride many rides. Our plan was to watch the fire works on our final night. Mother nature had other plans...about 20 minutes before the show, it poured and thundered. Luckily we had brought rain ponchos but it was pouring. Since it was not clearing up, we decided to head out. I was so disappointed as I was really looking forward to watching the fireworks. As we were driving I turned to DH and told him I think we made a mistake and should have stayed. He didn't think so as it was still lightning and thundering. The next day it was confirmed... the show went on about 40 minutes later. I was so sad. Lesson of the day... wait it out.89F61B40-5FDF-4AFA-8CF5-9140DCDE1E34.jpeg8F04CEF2-7B07-4542-952A-1885B631238F.jpeg1866BA00-586A-4165-AF8B-4F00757D4A86.jpeg15EE4F24-CCF1-4DF4-8815-BEC3AA911BB5.jpeg

Last edited:
Final thoughts on Disneyworld

We had not been at Disneyworld since 2016 and a lot of things had changed.

Previously, we had always stayed on site and used the Disney transportation. We I started looking at booking I could not believe how expensive staying on site was now. This trip was suppose to happen September 2021 but... Covid. Even the price difference from September 2021 to May 2022 was insane. Ultimately, I could not justify the cost of staying on site.

Even with a car rental, I still saved over $3000. Staying offsite and having a car gave us the flexibility of eating wherever we wanted and not being limited to Disney dining, which again saved us a bundle.

Did I miss the Disney Magic of staying on site? No. They only thing that I did miss about staying onsite was the early magic hours, which are now only half an hour so not really worth it.

Disney genie... where do I begin. For a family of 5, this is expensive. Logging on at 7am was not an issue for me as I am an early riser but I cannot believe how quickly the LL's go. We were able to get on majority of the rides we wanted but at times you were waiting hours. I did keep refreshing which did help a bit but I found I was constantly on my phone.

The best park for Genie is Magic Kingdom due to the amount of rides. In the evening I was able to get LL after LL which was great. Hollywood Studios it is a must, otherwise you are waiting so long for rides. I would not bother with it at Epcot or Animal Kingdom.

Overall, we had a great time.

When we headed back to the park we went to ride Dinosaur. I don't know if its always been this bad or I am just getting older, but man that ride is jerky.

I feel like it's always been like this, we almost always skip it unless we're traveling with 1st timers or another family that wants to ride it. And any time we do ride it my wife and I both comment to each other, "I'm good with doing that just once".

Day 8 - Boarding the Disney Fantasy

We got up around 7:30 a.m. and had breakfast at the hotel, finished packing and hit the road.

Since we had rented a car we drove down to the port. We had a PAT of 11:30 a.m. but figured we would head to Ron Jons to kill some time as they were not allowing anyone in prior to their pat. At 10:30 a.m. we could see the Fantasy in the distance. I felt so emotional as it had been 2 and a half years in the making to get to this point.

We headed to Ron Jon's and did some shopping by the time we were done and and got to the port it was 11:30 a.m. There were a few cars ahead of us and the bag top off was filled so we had to wait a few minutes to get through. At this point, they did confirm our PAT so I assume if we came too early we would have been redirected here. Once we dropped off our bags, we headed to the parking garage. I booked our WDW tickets with Undercover Tourist which gave us a great deal on the car rental. It was about the same price as doing 2 separate rentals and this eliminated the need to deal with the shuttles back and forth from the car rental company. If I recall correctly it was $136 for the week.

We followed the arrows which took us to someone handing out Covid tests. As we had a recovery letter, we told them we didn't need to test- he directed us to the next person, we told the the same thing. They scanned our documents and went to speak to a supervisor. I must admit- I got worried. We waited about 3 minutes to get cleared to go ahead. Phew! I cannot imagine the stress people had waiting for their test results. I am glad that they changed the testing rules shortly our cruise.

We parked out vehicle and headed towards the terminal. They asked you for your documents quite a few times.It was just before noon when we got into the terminal. Security was pretty quick but checking in took a bit longer. Nonetheless, the whole process was about 10 minutes. We were boarding group 12 and they were calling 1-9. We quickly went outside and took some pictures. I could not believe how empty the terminal was. I have never seen it like this. By 12:15, they had called our number and we boarded the ship! Mickey and Goofy were in the atrium welcoming us. It was so great to be on board. We headed to our muster station to complete the drill and then headed to the pool deck.

The kids decided they wanted to go eat and hubby and I laid on a lounger. I went on our app and noticed what our dining rotation was, which was RAERAER, I did not want to be in Animators so I messed the dining team in the app and asked for a change. They were able to switch us to ERAERAE. I also asked to be put in the Palo brunch wait list, but never did get that. Shortly after, we headed to grab lunch. Cabanas had the typical food and the variety was good. You could see that capacity was still down as it was not a complete zoo. '

At 2 p.m., our room was ready and our bags were waiting outside the door. We decided to quickly unpack so we could enjoy the rest of our day. Once we unpacked, we headed up to the pool deck and laid out in the sun. The kids went off to ride the aquaduck. We were one of the first cruises to have the sailaway party back. I was so excited about this. It really is a great way to start the cruise. While the show was on, there was a launch at Space X. I caught the tail end of it but it was cool to see. We started pushing back at 5 p.m. I enjoyed the view with a drink of the day and then headed to room to sit on our balcony as we left Cape Canaveral.

We headed to our first dinner at Enchanted Garden. Really enjoy the menu here. We met our dining team which were Dwight and Stilian (I hope that's spelt correctly). They were amazing- so funny! I ordered my favourites, ahi tuna tower, cream of asparagus and the Sea Bass. They were all good but not as good as I remembered- this seemed to be the theme for the cruise. For dessert, I got the warm sticky date pudding which was very good. Since we had made note that we were celebrating a birthday and an anniversary, they came over with a dessert and sang to us. Stilian was hilarious, he had quite the voice and took this job very seriously.

We headed to our room to catch the sunset on our verandah and then headed to the show.

After the show we called it a night.D848CDA3-2D39-45DD-BC93-F6525C40E789.jpegD848CDA3-2D39-45DD-BC93-F6525C40E789.jpegE57BC5C0-C702-4496-B0CB-79B05AE11190.jpeg7436B7BD-AC24-4C11-B577-7EB3BE0FF6A4.jpeg6F31C9A1-E8CC-4741-9A14-E15F7801EE71.jpeg2A741A80-C909-4A4F-8D94-65E130F079A5.jpeg1CF69001-DFC8-4D21-AA72-74FF3AB7A7F5.jpegFB8EDE68-F3E0-4794-B1BE-9669B14B0BB8.jpegF83A20C2-6EDF-4F4B-A7B0-AB6177BAD248.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 9 - First day at sea

I started my day the way I typically do when on the ship. I headed to deck 4 and walked 5 km. It is just so beautiful and peaceful. After completing my walk, I went around the and took some pictures of the empty ship, grabbed a coffee from Cove cafe (my other favourite thing to do) and then headed up to get ready for the day.

We had breakfast at cabanas. The selection seemed to be the same as previous cruises but there was not any Krispy Kreme donuts. I don't typically go for those but DS's were not happy. The weather was gorgeous but it was very windy.

After breakfast we spent some time around the pool. The upside to sailing during Covid was that there was always pool chairs. After lounging by the pool, we grabbed lunch at Cabanas. The selection was good and I liked that they seem to have an international inspired dish every day.

DH and I headed off to a Chocolate and Liquor tasting at Oh La La. We had done Mixology in the past and really liked it. We booked this before the price increase so it was a great deal. I am not sure I would pay the new price.

The tasting was good, you had a red wine, champagne, port and whiskey. The gave you a few different chocolates and some cheese to pair. The host was very informative and we were seated with a great 4 others and had great conversation. We stuck around after it was done chit chatting with them. Before you knew it, it was time to get ready for formal night. There was no Captains Reception which I missed but they had photographers out taking pictures. After pictures, we headed for our dinner at Royal Court.

I started my meal with escargot and leak and potato soup. Both were good. For my main I had the Chateaubriand-Roasted Filet Steak which was very tasty. For dessert I had the Grand Marnier Souffle which is always amazing.

After dinner we sent to the show, which I believe was the ventriloquist. The show was ok.0B062909-51EB-4F27-852C-21C99BEA869D.jpegBC13445F-E292-445D-B3B6-4318EC669162.jpegF03DF931-E704-4ACD-AAEA-162F56F80315.jpegDF6E32E4-E425-47D8-91F8-EB90C3199405.jpegD1798E88-0BB9-4E07-A146-22295CC6FD90.jpeg9AC3ADE2-FDEF-46D2-9912-5785402C4AA6.jpegAECAD4AD-F0EF-4707-AC59-891E02199AF9.jpeg5B1C3FE7-6C0A-4369-8580-2941D2EAD373.jpeg

Day 10 - Second Sea Day

My day started off the same way it did yesterday. Headed down to deck 4 bright and early and did my 5km walk, grabbed a coffee from Cove Cafe and headed to the room to get ready.

We had breakfast at Cabanas and then headed out to play mini golf. It was too windy that it made it nearly impossible but we finished it out. Some more well than others lol

I then headed to deck 4 for some reading and came across my favourite mouse, Minnie! They were still social distancing characters but she posed for everyone. We had lunch at Cabanas and then I continued my reading.

Around 2pm, I headed to our room to get ready for our Remy Dessert Tasting.

When we arrived at the restaurant we were promptly greeted and sat. We had a great window table.

We were presented with our first dessert, which was a creme brûlée. This was a bit different though as it had a very thin shell around it. This was so tasty. Very light but a perfect amount of vanilla flavour.

Next up was a foret noire. The Chef explained that this is essentially a Black Forest cake but they make their own jam with cherries. This was too tasty, I was surprised with how much I liked it. It looked like it would be too sweet but it was not. Just perfect.

Next we had a Religieuse which was a two cream puffs stacked together. These were very good with a light filling.

After we had fraise calamansi. This was amazing. I thought it would be my least favourite but it was one of the highlights. Essentially, it was a rolled cake with strawberry filling and laid in a citrus juice. The citrus was a special fruit which was a mix of orange and lemon. Too good. A highlight for sure.

Next came a chocolat croquant. I love chocolate so this did not disappoint. It was a thin chocolate wafer which covered a light chocolate mousse, drizzled in more chocolate and served warm. So tasty.

Finally came the citron, this was surprisingly my favourite. It was a dessert shaped like a lemon, filled with a lemon jam and mousse. The Chef came out and explained the process of making these which takes days. This was the perfect ending.

We did have coffee with our desserts which was very good and they finished with giving everyone a glass of champagne.

The service was outstanding- it was amazing to watch how they ran the event.

I highly recommend this experience. My only suggesting is make sure you have a light lunch before as you will be too full.

DH and I went and walked around to try to get the food digested and before you knew it, it was dinner time.

Tonight we were at Animators Palate. I had the Black truffle Pursiettes, which were good but have been better and the Ginger- teriyaki Tenderloin, again this was just ok. For dessert, I had the warm sticky date pudding which was good.

After dinner, we watched a movie on the pool deck for a bit and then went to catch the show.5E17EC18-8B2E-4680-A304-65D56E98139E.jpegB6CE04E1-FC09-43DA-9AF7-39EDE6A4D3AC.jpegB9919D58-EDA3-4415-8AD9-0A6A761F4626.jpegA8E988E8-81AE-408E-BCD7-8965176BE525.jpegF5A3793C-67AB-4224-81C5-838B5104FEC7.jpegC78261FE-00E4-40E7-8620-64FD0D9B5C17.jpeg5197C917-A3DD-4C4F-AA5E-7DFFF7848C43.jpeg223ADBF7-9ED5-4E59-9E18-87496FDDFABC.jpeg83DA147B-A0D3-4854-AD9C-53C2FD8319D4.jpeg

Attachments

• 0ACE3A11-6C80-4609-A84B-EE339A31976C.jpeg
    0ACE3A11-6C80-4609-A84B-EE339A31976C.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Day 11- Tortola

Today was our first day off the ship. We had an excursion booked so it was an early wake up call... well for my family.. I was up anyway. After breakfast, we headed down the the Way Disney Theatre to meet for the excursions. We were in group Ariel which was for the Tour of Virgin Gorda.

By 8am we were off the ship and guided to the boat that would be taking us over to Virgin Gorda. We have made this trek before and knew that the boat really moves. DH and DS get motion sickness so they took some pills before we headed out. Good thing.. because of the wind it was a bumpy ride. Several people got sick, the staff did a good job trying to help them. After about 40 minutes we arrived and hopped on a bus. It was a short 5-10 minute drive to the Baths.

Once there we headed down and spent some time at the first beach, maybe 30 minutes. We then made our way to the Baths. The guide took us through fairly slowly ensuring we did not lose anyone. The terrain is uneven and you will need your hands so don't bring too much stuff. I highly recommend water shoes, the people that were really struggling did not have them. I don't think this is too difficult unless you have some mobility issues.

After making our way through, which only took about 20 minutes we had more time at another beach. The beaches were ok but fairly rocky. They did have some vendors and there was a restaurant but we did not go to these. We had a little over an hour of beach time and then it was time to head back up to catch our bus. After the boat ride, which was a bit better the way back, we arrived at Tortola. We were back on the ship by 12:30pm and headed to our stateroom for showers and ordered some room service. I got the steak sandwich with fries and of course a Mickey bar. It took about 20 minutes for the food to arrive.

I spent majority of the afternoon reading on deck 4 and then headed to our room to get ready for Remy.

Tonight was Pirate night, which is my least favourite menu. My older DS is a foodie like me and this was his first cruise as an adult. We decided to have a mom/son date at Remy.

When we arrived I was greeted by the same server I had at the dessert tasting. I forget her name but she was very good. She seated us at the same window table that I had for the dessert tasting.

Once seated, we were given our drinks, I had the Collette and DS who is legal back home, got the non alcoholic drink as he was legal on the ship. Both of our drinks were very good.

Shortly after, the Chef send out an mouse bouche which were these little tarts, cauliflower I believe. They were tasty.

We decided we would each choose one menu and then split it so we could taste it all. I got Saveur and DS got Gout.

We received another amuse bouche (foie gras foam) and the bread and butter service. The bread was good.. but the butter was amazing. I think my favourite was the seaweed one.

Each entree was amazing and it was a mix of which was our favourite from each menu. After the 4 entrees, they came out with the cheese. There were 11 cheeses in total, some great, some ok and some not so great.

I had made a note that we were celebrating DS's birthday and they came out with a little cake for him. By this point we were stuffed and did not know how we would manage. Our desserts came out along with a piece of the birthday cake, a chocolate tart and some truffles and candies. We packed up the truffles and candies because we could not eat anymore.

Overall, it was an amazing experience. It is pricey but I would say it is worth it for the food and service you get.

We headed to our room with full bellies and got changed into our pirate night outfits. We caught the show and fireworks and then hit the sack.ED815C72-39BC-4F7A-959C-6D5FA11B2B34.jpeg7B83BD6F-B62C-4668-87CD-1D7BFB6D86F6.jpegAF518CB9-2F44-4301-8774-7DAC79250BA1.jpegBC696B1D-088B-4F22-AC35-352638B279B9.jpegEC78993B-94F1-4A93-B332-EDF44B22A576.jpegD00712C1-C3FC-4C81-9E7C-1C9C2979240C.jpeg8D153D1F-BCE2-479E-A77D-D1A13E3233CD.jpeg7035852B-D3D7-41F5-B64D-4D9F148ABD56.jpeg8E5CBF88-87AB-46C8-A1D4-766826F808CC.jpeg

Attachments

• 7526CDCC-86F0-418B-B51A-C21B8719D557.jpeg
    7526CDCC-86F0-418B-B51A-C21B8719D557.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
Day 12 - St. Thomas - St. John's

Today was another early start as we had an excursion book. We had breakfast at Cabanas (outside) as we were pulling into port. After breakfast we met at the Walt Disney Theatre and were in the Mickey group. By 8:15am, we were off the ship and got on a boat. This ride was much smoother but we still took motion sickness meds. The boat took us to St. John and then we hopped on a taxi. The taxi made a few stops in case anyone wanted pictures. By 9:45am we had made it to trunk bay, were given our snorkelling equipment and started to enjoy our day. The beach was beautiful, clean, nice soft sand and the snorkelling was decent.

We enjoyed the time we had (about 2.5 hours) laying in the sand and snorkelling. The only downside to the beach is that there was not much shade. They did have showers which we were encouraged to use.

By 12:45 p.m. we were back at the ship and headed to our rooms to clean up. We had a late lunch at Cabanas and DH and I debated getting off the ship and doing the sky ride but opted not to.

Tonight for dinner we were back at Royal Court and had the Captain's Gala Dinner.

I started with Oysters Rockefeller which I did not enjoy, for my entree I had the Lobster Tail which was good and then had the chocolate lave cake which was very good. After dinner we wondered the ship and went into the D Lounge for Generation Quest. This was entertaining. We then went to the Walt Disney Theatre to watch Moonshot. We were not a fan, had we not been near the front, we would have left. I believe they had just gotten on the ship not long before. If they are on future cruises, I would not attend.7F34461A-FD96-4837-AEE7-D46713E56BAB.jpegAF4027F5-F521-4DD0-8111-FD37B555F8BA.jpegB5E54862-A6D2-4FE8-B8E6-7330362DB737.jpeg6899000C-C543-4E0E-97D8-C61AEE61D439.jpegE7AAAF09-A436-43EC-97AE-E15E7CA395AC.jpeg

Day 13 - Last sea day

I started off my day with my 5k walk around the walking deck and then headed to Cove Cafe.

After breakfast, we headed to the pool deck and spent half the morning poolside and riding the aqueduck. The benefit to sailing while some restrictions were still in place was that the guest count was down and we did not have to wait too long to ride the aquaduck.

We had lunch and I went to deck 4 to read. After a bit, I went to Anyone can cook. They made apple strudel, I believe this was the only time they had this event and it was packed. I enjoy attending these.

After the Anyone Can cook I went back to deck 4 to read. DH and the kids joined and were playing shuffleboard. Pluto joined them for a good while. It was so fun to see.

Tonight was semi-formal and we were at Animators Palate and we got to draw our animation. This is always fun to do. Unfortunately, the drawings from two of my sons did not show up on the screen. I am not sure what happened there.

For dinner I started with the Porcini Sacchetti which were very good. I also had the lobster bisque which was tasty but had a heavy tomato taste. For my entree I got the Beef Wellington which was ok, it has been better. I skipped dessert tonight as nothing stood out to me. I did have an expresso martini which was really good.

Since most of us skipped dessert, we decided to get some gelato from Sweet on You. We tried a few different flavours and it was good but I'd rather stick to the free soft serve.

We headed to the Theatre to watch Frozen. This was the first time I had watched it and it was very well done. My favourite show of the cruise.

We headed to our room after and ordered some Mickey bars... the perfect end to the day.836CC22F-800B-4DB0-AD9D-0CF77FAA1B5B.jpeg8EFCA73B-C1C7-4C68-A2BB-749C38588B81.jpeg14AA755C-0238-4C0F-A268-A3CB0291ECE4.jpeg9AD310C7-E624-4634-83E9-995947DBD406.jpegA50D867D-1161-492F-A07F-CF376BE1464C.jpeg52844882-C5CA-42C4-AA69-3E3BC8AD4420.jpeg3D636DEC-EA18-4EED-9FF3-2311416F2FCC.jpeg

Attachments

• 2ED2B626-0F82-4A92-AA5B-1BBD94D943BB.jpeg
    2ED2B626-0F82-4A92-AA5B-1BBD94D943BB.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 0

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter