Our First MVMCP, -TS ~ vs ~ QS debate rages on... I really could use some help..Please

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
We are having our Christmas on Friday December 22nd, and going to the MVMCP that evening... There are 7 of us, my parents, DH and I, DD and DGS(2 almost 3) and SIL - so party of 7

It seems that no-one can make up their mind on what we should do! Wishy Washy.... back and forth... its making me crazy..... as the mom, and planner... I'm about to make a executive decision...

Originally I had planned on making brunch for everyone, with a Ham and sides, then adding in some rolls for later for sandwiches, and snacks... then just getting QS while at the party....

Then DH said why don't we just get TS inside the park... which of course this late I doubt I can find one but am looking... Then he suggested, we eat somewhere either at Disney Springs, or around the monorail loop.... So looking for that as well...before we head into the park, then just snack while in the park.

DD suggests eating at Disney Springs, T-REX or Planet Hollywood, or Rain Forest, or Raglan Road in this order... Then she changed her mind as it like lets just eat QS,,,, then back to eating in the park TS... Its a revolving door...

Mom and Dad are suggesting TS with character... I was sorta shocked... but mom was like it would be fun for all of us....

At this point I really don't care....

Any insight on this would be helpful...suggestions, recommendations, please shed some light on this...

You can get into MK starting at 4 with party tickets. Unless for lunch, I would not recommend doing DS before a party. Too far out, too much travel. If you can get a monorail loop no later than 3, okay.

Don't waste time at 4 or after doing TS or TS at MK.

Time is money at a party, imho. You are paying a lot for the party. Taking 60-90 minutes for dining increases your party cost, a lot, and reduces your party time, during prime party hours

You can enter the park at 4 and use fp until 6
Stick to your original plan, feed them before you leave and then qs if anyone is still hungry. It's all about the party!

if you want to do a TS I'd do an early dinner around the monorail loop (or at WL) but that is probably way too much food with brunch. I would not go to DS right before the party. And I would not waste park/party time with a TS. So either do lunch somewhere special or stick with brunch and people can have snacks/qs/whatever if hungry later.

I would not waste party or park time on eating (except for snacks). I would either cook and eat prior to going to MK or parking at TTC and going somewhere on the monorail loop around 2 pm. This will give you plenty of time to eat and get to MK for 4 pm entry. I just did a quick search and 1900 Park Fare, Kona Cafe and The Wave all have availability around for 7 guests around 2 pm - all good choices!

I am going to have to have a "chat' with my group to see if what the really want to do once in for all...

Your group will all disagree and change their minds 5 times more. Nature of groups.

Sometimes, as the Maker of The Plan, you just gotta put your foot down and make the final call.

Your group will all disagree and change their minds 5 times more. Nature of groups.

Sometimes, as the Maker of The Plan, you just gotta put your foot down and make the final call.
for what it's worth, my "final call" would never involve cooking on vacation!!!!!!!!

I would book something like 1900 park fare for 2pm and have some fun with the characters personally :)

I would grab a meal at The Wave over at the Contemporary before the party (maybe 3ish, after a brunch?). Food there is great and it's a 10 minute walk over to the park. Quick service options at MK are a bit limited IMO and I think if you fill up with an afternoon meal you'll be able to get by on snacks during the party.

Op here

My family is making me crazy... So originally everyone was coming over to my house around 10:30 for brunch, gifts, and my grandson should lay down around 12:30 for nap, they only take around a hour and half nap at preschool so we were going to let him sleep so that he is well rested, before we head over to the party. DD and SiL wanted to be able to sleep in a little.

Now I am thinking... we should start earlier, like at 8:30 to 9:00 am - Letting DGS open just his presents, then brunch, so he can settle down and then shoot for nap time around somewhere 11:30 to 12:00... he might sleep better if he has a chance to settle down some after the excitement of seeing what Santa brought him, with Brunch in the middle, then for the adults to open our gifts while DGS is sleeping, we can all eat again then head over to the party... or head over to eat somewhere...before the party... and then do QS if needed...

My question is how late are the QS open? and how crowded are they during the party....

I think popular opinion is that "to get your money's worth" you should get there at 4pm... I tend to disagree... When we've gone with toddlers, we have tried to stick to their schedule, which means afternoon naps at the hotel, and then a nice (but fairly early) sit-down dinner. We've usually been able to snag an early reservation at Be Our Guest at 5pm and be out of there by by 6:15pm. The party hasn't even started yet, so we still have time to get our wristbands from one of the stations in Fantasyland. This plan has worked for us since the only thing we are missing out on is extra time on rides, and we've already spent plenty of time in the parks with our park-hopper tickets. If you are only there for a day or two, then of course you wouldn't want to miss out on this time in the parks.

I like the starting-later plan with presents. If your daughter thinks she can sleep in with a toddler on your xmas, let her. Hahahahaha. But I like everyone opening gifts, not just a child opening them alone.

Originally I had planned on making brunch for everyone, with a Ham and sides, then adding in some rolls for later for sandwiches, and snacks... then just getting QS while at the party....

Sounds good to me.

It also allows for people to have individual ideas about what they are hungry for instead of getting them to agree.

Ayep.

The last time we went to MVMCP, some of the QS closed early because they are serving locations for thr hot chocolate and cookies. We always do QS for early dinner around 4:30/5:00 on party nights.

Don't waste your party time with a TS. Do a TS earlier in the day and CS and/or snack at the party.

OP Here...

I made the executive decision, I just could not take all the back and forth...Here's the final plan... but I'm like Disney nothing is ever written in stone... :D

So having family come over around 10:00.... Brunch, open gifts, nap for the little guy, relax for a couple of hours snacking all along, once my grandson wakes up feed him again, then we will head over to the park, hopefully by 4:00 to 4:30 somewhere, then grab a QS when everyone is ready... and enjoy the party and being together....

Not unless something opens up at MK, or Chef Mickeys this is our plan...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter