• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OTU Points

Drewmama

Mouseketeer
Are OTU points tied to specific resorts? I bought 6 points earlier today and I noticed on the confirmation that it says they are from GCV. I don't think I ever noticed that before.

Are OTU points tied to specific resorts? I bought 6 points earlier today and I noticed on the confirmation that it says they are from GCV. I don't think I ever noticed that before.
OTUPs are taken from contracts that DVC owns either thru ROFR or foreclosure or unsold developer points. They do appear as a temporary contract in your dashboard. So it makes sense that yours are from VGC even if you do not own there.

Basically, it's the same as getting a transfer of points from any other member. The member just happens to be DVC (or DVD, more likely).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter