Other than breakfast,do kids really eat free at HIFS?

dutton

Mouseketeer
I've seen HIFS described on dreams unlimited and mousesavers, and they say that kids eat free all meals. However, posters here seem to comment that there are catches to other meals, like certain times, or some of the service people give you a hard time. So I was hoping that someone could give me some insight into this. Thanks!

I believe the arrangement is that kids eat free when their parents purchase a meal from the food court thing (Pizza Hut, A&W) at lunch, but in order for them to eat free for dinner, their parents must get the somewhat expensive buffet that is served in the sitdown restaurant.

Can someone verify what I just said? LOL.

I will be staying there from Jan. 2-7, so if no one knows I can tell you then. :)

From what I remember, there is a "food court" type of place that the kids eat free in the afternoons with a paying adult- (they had to get a combo meal like burger and fries). Then in the evenings there is a buffet dinner in the restaurant that is about $16 per adult and the kids eat free. It really helpd cut the food budget.
I did eat in the restaurant in the evening once. I thought it was a great deal- and affordable after having the kids eat free.

We stayed at HIFS the last week of November with our 3 children. The deal is:

In the ClubCar Restaurant, one adult must order the buffet ($13.95 on weekdays - $17.95 on weekends because it is a seafood buffet) in order for the children to eat free off the buffet only. That is until the restuarant closes at 10 p.m. The other adult does not have to order the buffet as long as there is not more than 3 children eating (3 kids free per adult).

At Pizza Hut and A&W the children eat free before 5 p.m. and receive a kids meal with a purchase of an adult burger, fries, (and I think) drink. This was a rip off if you ask me because unless it is your day off, who's already back at the resort before 5 p.m.?

As stated on their website, everyone eats free hot breakfast buffet and this was a tremendous money saver! You don't even need to eat in the dining room. On a few mornings I sent DH down and he came back with several trays of food stacked up and we ate in our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter