Other ideas for Autographs

mdurette

DIS Veteran
We already have way too many WDW autograph books running around my house, we really don't need another.

But, I know my 7YO will want to get autographs on our next trip.

Anyone got any other ideas? Of course, I want it all. Must be easy enough to deal with. Nothing breakable, too big, etc cuz it will need to get stuffed into a small backpack. We typically get about 25 autographs per trip.

I was thinking a baseball cap - but wonder if they charachters will be able to sign. Tshirts, will be too hard without some sort of backing for them to work on. Photo matt would probably get bent.

Suggestions????

I saw someone on here suggest colored card stock matching each character so that you could add the signatures to a scrapbook or photo album page. We might do that.

One year we had a pillowcase signed.:cool1: Another year we took a small canvas bag. We take a bunch of different coloured fabric markers.

madatmama said:
I saw someone on here suggest colored card stock matching each character so that you could add the signatures to a scrapbook or photo album page. We might do that.

We've done this twice, and they turned out great! We decorated some cards with character stickers (for the ones we knew we'd meet at meals, etc). Some of the characters went crazy for them, and my kids got a kick out of that. It's my favorite way to do it, because it's such a nice souvenir when we get home.

We also did the pillowcase one year. It turned out cute too! I carried it in gallon ziplock with a piece of cardboard 5x7 or so. Then I'd wrap The case around the cardboard on the spot we wanted them to sign to make it sturdy.

We are thinking about tote bags next time.

The tote bag sounds like a good idea. Hummm.....I wonder if one of DD's pink BBB cinch bags she has from a previous trip would also work for princesses of course. Will just need to bring some sort of cardboard or something.

We have pillowcases and tshirts from prior cruises already.

Card stock idea cool - but that would mean I may need to scrap book with it after! Heck, I can't even seem to print out pics to just place in the old autograph books!!!!!

Keep them coming!

We are taking a photo mat for a picture frame for all the characters to sign. That way when we get home I can put a family pic of us in front of the castle in it and hang it up!!

We have to have a stroller with our 2 year old so I will just carry the photo mat in the basket on our stroller. I know the size of a mat may be a problem for some to have to carry it around all day but that won't be an issue for us.

I made my daughter her own autograph book with pictures of her and the characters from our trips to WDW and our cruise.

Left enough space for signatures and it gives her a unique book of her very own.

Could have them autograph a hat. My son's prized possession is the Disney visor that was autographed by Stitch.

Or a mat for a picture frame, a journal cover that you write about the trip in, canvas tennis shoes (should be new and not worn at the time), a travel mug, or a sports water bottle...just some early morning off the top of my head.

mdurette said:
Card stock idea cool - but that would mean I may need to scrap book with it after! Heck, I can't even seem to print out pics to just place in the old autograph books!!!!!

Keep them coming!

Don't let the idea of scrap booking scare you off. I made Pretty elaborate scrapbooks once. The second time, I just cut the card stock into 4x6 pieces and put them right in a regular photo album with the pictures. still super cute, and my kids look at them often.

Don't let the idea of scrap booking scare you off. I made Pretty elaborate scrapbooks once. The second time, I just cut the card stock into 4x6 pieces and put them right in a regular photo album with the pictures. still super cute, and my kids look at them often.

I agree! I also used to do the elaborate pages. Now I've switched to the project life style (for regular scrapping, not the page a week as its intended) and printed some very cute 4x6 journal cards and they are ready to be slipped in!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was thinking a baseball cap - but wonder if they charachters will be able to sign. Tshirts, will be too hard without some sort of backing for them to work on. Photo matt would probably get bent.

Suggestions????

My kids LOVE the baseball cap and they wear it all the time. In fact we are doing it again next week, my younger son's hat is too small. Here's my tip: use a fabric pen instead of a sharpie. We have used sharpie in the past and it runs if it gets wet.

The characters will not sign while it's on their head, but just take it off. They can wear it the rest of the time.

My older son loves Donald, so last year he only wanted him to sign the hat. It was funny to watch the other characters be devastated that he didn't want their autograph also. Goofy was so distraught that he ran over to my mom and "cried" on her shoulder. Very cute!

We've done t-shirts also, but we only have them sign at character meals-then you can use the table.

Have Fun! They all make great souvenirs!

We get our son's backpacks signed. We get a plain dark colored backpack and use an opaque metallic pen. It is a big hit in the parks and they get to use the bag every day when we get home. We even used DS8's backpack as our park bag this year. I put a clipboard inside the pack so they had something to lean on.

On past trips, I have taken posters of "Disney Villains", and of "MK's 25th anniversary" featuring all the main characters to guest services. I dropped them off and picked them up at the end of the day or the next day. They got at least 15 autographs on each one. I then had them framed.

I imagine you are looking for something your 7yo can use in person with the characters. And, carrying around a poster all day may not be exactly what you prefer, but if you can find a smaller or narrow poster many times they come in a cardboard mailing tube which can fit in a backpack and protect it.

How about a white baseball or football jersey? Avoid team names to avoid an embarrassing scene should your "Mickey" be from a rival school...

last trip we did a tote bag and a pillow case. We used a embroidery hoop. It worked well but sometimes you really gotta hustle to move get the bag/pillow case moved to a new position in the hoop to make room for the next signature. I loved it and so did the kids. We will probably do something similar next trip. Used fabric markers in lots of colors so they were bright and fun. Between characters we stuck the markers and pillow case down in the tote bag and then put that in the back pocket of the back pack we carry. It has washed nice. found the tote bags at walmart in the craft isle and I think they were less than $10 for 3. We actually used 2 of them because we got so many signatures. Pillow case was cheap one from Walmart too and of course they come 2 in a pack too.

Noelle

We have done the tote bag, they turn out really cute. I'm on my phone so I can't post a pic but I think I put it on my blog in November 2011 posts, link is in my signature

Does anyone know if characters will sign the vinylmations? I saw a cute lightening McQueen vinyl at DTD that I'd like to have characters sign for my nephew but I'm not sure if they'll do that. My nephew is a huge cars fan so the vinyl would be perfect to display in his room with all the autographs on it.

Does anyone know if characters will sign the vinylmations? I saw a cute lightening McQueen vinyl at DTD that I'd like to have characters sign for my nephew but I'm not sure if they'll do that. My nephew is a huge cars fan so the vinyl would be perfect to display in his room with all the autographs on it.
Is it a bigger vinylmation? If so, they absolutely will! If it's one of the small regular ones, you probably won't even be able to fit one autograph on there. A lot of people bring the large white ones to have the characters sign and it looks really cute. :)

Just always keep in mind the size of the item when you ask to have the characters sign it. They're generally not too fond of signing small items (such as those tiny little pocket notebooks), especially if you also hand them a broken crayon to sign it with. ;)

Is it a bigger vinylmation? If so, they absolutely will! If it's one of the small regular ones, you probably won't even be able to fit one autograph on there. A lot of people bring the large white ones to have the characters sign and it looks really cute. :)

Just always keep in mind the size of the item when you ask to have the characters sign it. They're generally not too fond of signing small items (such as those tiny little pocket notebooks), especially if you also hand them a broken crayon to sign it with. ;)

Yes it is a bigger one. Almost the same size as one of the 9 inch vinyls I think. Thanks for your reply! Now I just need to go get it and some markers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter