OT Amazing Race 14

2GirlsMama

Happy Wife and Mom
Just curious if anyone else is addicted to the Amazing Race? Our entire family loves to watch it and pretend we are on the race. :happytv:

It is exciting because they are going to China on this race. We are hoping they might go some of the places we will go on our ABD China trip in June. I don't have a favorite team yet, but our daughters are rooting for the brother/sister lawyers. They didn't do too well tonight, but there is always next week!

We're huge fans, too! We've been pretty devoted watchers since season one. Anything having to do with travel always catches our eye. I love some of the locales they've been to this year.

BTW -- and this is kind of OT, too -- but I wanted to mention a really great travel book that might be of interest to the folks on this board. (To those who love ABD trips and the Amazing Race.)

It's called "Family Travels: Around the World in 30 (or so) Days" by Richard Reeves, (he's a political editorial writer.) He and wife & kids traveled around the world and each of them kept a diary about their experiences. The book is filled with their diary entries and photos from their trip. I read this book at least once a year and every time I pick it up, it makes me want to go someplace new.

Love it too! Seeing that castle in Transylvania got me all excited for the Germany trip castles. Made me want to go so bad now. Next week looks like it's going to be good.

We've watched since day 1. It's the only reality-based tv show we watch. Everything stops at our house for the race. Last night we were on our way home from my son's house and I suggested stopping somewhere for dinner. DH said "Can't-the race starts in 15 minutes."

Thanks for the book recommendation. I purchased it on Amazon for $0.01! It looks really interesting. It must be out of print.

The series I have been enjoying is "An Irish Country Doctor" by Patrick Taylor. I am on the second book (An Irish Country Village) now. The series takes place in the early 1960's in a small village in Ireland. I love the descriptions and the colorful characters. I bet those going on the Ireland ABD would love these books! It is a great "escape" series.

Thanks for the book recommendation. I purchased it on Amazon for $0.01! It looks really interesting. It must be out of print.

The series I have been enjoying is "An Irish Country Doctor" by Patrick Taylor. I am on the second book (An Irish Country Village) now. The series takes place in the early 1960's in a small village in Ireland. I love the descriptions and the colorful characters. I bet those going on the Ireland ABD would love these books! It is a great "escape" series.

I hope you enjoy "Family Travels!" One penny? -- you can't get a better deal than that! :)

I'm going to check out the "Irish Country" series you mentioned. I've been to Ireland twice and for those heading off to an Ireland ABD, you will love it!!! It's such a beautiful country -- so green -- it looks almost fluorescent green as you're flying in. And the nicest people ever.

I got my copy of Family Travels! I have only read the first two chapters, but I am hooked. :yay: Thanks for the recommendation. It was certainly worth the penny I paid!!

I hope you are enjoying the Irish Country doctor books. I passed them on to my mom and she is really enjoying them. I'll pass on the Family Travels book to her next. (I am really working that penny!)

I've been watching The Amazing Race from day one. It's my favortie reality show. I look forward to a new season every year.

I'm a big fan too.. I love watching all these people doing stuff I would never have the courage to attempt.

I love AR!!!!! It's my favorite show! I've watched since season 1! I haven't decided who I like this season yet. I like the redheads. I liked the brother/sister team until I realized they use people a lot to get ahead!

I know, it is difficult to pick a favorite. My husband and I have commented that this group of people is much more likeable than some of the past groups. It is typically easy to find one pair to hate! I like the father/son team (maybe Mike and Mel or something like that). Our oldest daughter doesn't like the red heads because they yelled at a cab driver for not understanding them.

I too am enjoying the Amazing Race this season, and am also a Mel/Mike fan!
I thought this Sunday's episode was hilarious with the Camel feed Road block. Mel was so far behind gathering water, but eventually ended up beating all the others because they could not figure out how to gather the hay! I loved how one of the girls (sisters team) was sticking the hay in her shirt.
That was priceless.

I was so jealous when the team got to paint the elephant. I though that was a great prize since they were going to get out anyway. I would love to paint the elephant.

I am really looking forward to when they go to China. My husband found on the Internet someplace that they will be going to at least one of the places we are going with ABD in June.

Our kids are so funny because they decide which roadblock/detour they would do if they were on the race. Sometimes I think they really believe they are racing!

I know! Mike and Mel were my favorites, too. They were so classy and took the time to enjoy the things they got to experience on the race. I got teary when Mel was describing the great attributes of his son. It was so sweet. I guess I'll root for Margie and Luke now.

This is way too cool. The Amazing Race is in Guilin tonight! We will be there in two months! Just wanted to alert any families going to China.

To quote my daughters....AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to let you know that I finished "An Irish Country Doctor" and I'll be heading out to get "An Irish Country Village." What a great book! Thanks for the recommendation. I know that the story is set in Northern Ireland -- but it reminded so much of a little town in the Republic of Ireland called Dingle. (Dingle is on the West Coast of Ireland -- known for its pubs and music -- near the Cliffs of Moher.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter