• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ordering Water/Snacks

CanadianPrincess

Earning My Ears
Hello!
Hubby and I leave on our disneymoon in 12 days and I want to order some water (bottled to drink and distiled for his CPAP) and some snacks to be delivered to our room. I wanted to try Amazon Grocer (we have Prime here in Canada) but it seems to be giving me trouble... As Canadians which way have you found is the best bang for your buck? Garden Grocer? Dizzy Dolphin? Amazon? Walmart?
HELP! What have you tried and what did you find worked best?

Hello - your Amazon Prime Canada account is not valid for Amazon Prime US. They are two separate accounts.

I have used Garden Grocer in Orlando with success, but will be trying InstaCart for my next trip in January.

Unfortunately, having Amazon Prime in Canada does not give you access to Amazon Prime Now in the US. Garden Grocer is great but I find them to be very expensive and I think there are better options now. I'm going to try Publix Instacart in Dec.

Hello - your Amazon Prime Canada account is not valid for Amazon Prime US. They are two separate accounts.

I have used Garden Grocer in Orlando with success, but will be trying InstaCart for my next trip in January.

Thats so sad! Ugh! I am going to try InstaCart I think!

I might be in the minority.. I’ve used different deliveries before, but I actually prefer buying from the Disney resorts themselves. Unless you are buying $100 of drinks and snacks, I don’t see the value in the delivery service. Some resorts charge for delivery - some you need to be present for which takes up vacation time.

All the WDW resorts have food items in their gift shops. And that’s been at values, moderates, and deluxes. Although deluxes that have DVc attached will have greater selections. Look in the gift shop food section - not the food courts. They sell cases of water, family-size bags of chips, fresh bread, cheese, and sandwich meats, jugs of milk. They also had distilled water. I buy a small jar of peanut butter and bread and that’s what we have for breakfasts. One DD prefers dry cereal so I pack a small box in our luggage. I found the prices quite reasonable - better than Garden Grocer - and you can’t beat the convenience.

Unless you need to buy diet specific items, or diapers or formula — I don’t find the grocery services worthwhile. :confused3

Sign up for instacart and they will give you a $15 off coupon. I signed up and did not order right away and a day or two later they emailed me a $15 coupon.

I might be in the minority.. I’ve used different deliveries before, but I actually prefer buying from the Disney resorts themselves. Unless you are buying $100 of drinks and snacks, I don’t see the value in the delivery service. Some resorts charge for delivery - some you need to be present for which takes up vacation time.

All the WDW resorts have food items in their gift shops. And that’s been at values, moderates, and deluxes. Although deluxes that have DVc attached will have greater selections. Look in the gift shop food section - not the food courts. They sell cases of water, family-size bags of chips, fresh bread, cheese, and sandwich meats, jugs of milk. They also had distilled water. I buy a small jar of peanut butter and bread and that’s what we have for breakfasts. One DD prefers dry cereal so I pack a small box in our luggage. I found the prices quite reasonable - better than Garden Grocer - and you can’t beat the convenience.

Unless you need to buy diet specific items, or diapers or formula — I don’t find the grocery services worthwhile. :confused3

We used Garden Grocer when we were down in August. We drink a TON of water so buying from the gift shop at AKL was going to be insanely expensive.

We originally ordered two flats of 32 500ml bottles of water each. Halfway through our trip we ordered another one, so 96 bottles in total...we drank every single one of them. The gift shop only had 8 packs of the smaller 350ml bottles.

32 pack of 500ml bottles : $10.99 ($0.34/500ml bottle)
8 pack of 350ml bottles: $3.99 ($0.50/350ml bottle)

All in, we paid $32.97 for 48L of water. To get the same amount from the gift shop we would have had to pay $67.83.

Hello!
Hubby and I leave on our disneymoon in 12 days and I want to order some water (bottled to drink and distiled for his CPAP) and some snacks to be delivered to our room. I wanted to try Amazon Grocer (we have Prime here in Canada) but it seems to be giving me trouble... As Canadians which way have you found is the best bang for your buck? Garden Grocer? Dizzy Dolphin? Amazon? Walmart?
HELP! What have you tried and what did you find worked best?
We have used Garden Grocer in the past and have an order placed for out trip next week. They deliver as promised and the 14 fee seems reasonable.

We just used one bottle a day & kept refilling it with ice water from the counters or Starbucks.

I also collect Starbucks gift cards through the year on various points programs — petropoints, swagbucks, checkout cashbacks — just for use at WDW. We don’t drink coffee - but would use the cards for ice teas, bottled gatorade or juice, fruit and healthy snacks. And you still earn bonus stars for use when at home. Off-topic I know - but another way to save on snacks & drinks. :thumbsup2

I second the Starbucks gift cards. Last time we went we had $200 Cdn in Starbucks gift cards. We used them at both WDW and Universal for drinks, snacks and breakfast.

I bought a Britta water bottle with a filter and it eliminated me needing to use individual plastic one time use bottles, plus it filtered out the Florida swamp water taste. Best purchase we made for the trip.

We do this as well, have 3 packed for our trip on Tuesday.
I bought a Britta water bottle with a filter and it eliminated me needing to use individual plastic one time use bottles, plus it filtered out the Florida swamp water taste. Best purchase we made for the trip.[/QUOTE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter