Ordered My MNSSHP Tickets Today "Updated - Received Them Today"

DisneyLisa

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I'm really excited now that I've made my mind up on the CSR (or should I say Disney made my mind up ;)) and finally ordered my MNSSHP tickets a few minutes ago for Octobe 19th. It's all starting to seem so real all of a sudden. How will I ever last another 126 days...I think I'm more excited about it than DD :).

You should have come with us Julie ;). I'd go anyway...I think it would be fun to see everyone dressed up in Halloween costumes.

Julie-We were going to go on the 10th but I'm waiting to hear from SIL, I think Id rather go on the 5th,............. so you can come with us if we switch it.

"Poor" planning on my part, Lisa! ;)

Thank you Wendy, if you DO switch, let me know. :) I guess I have the choice of the 3rd or 5th.

. We are going to be arriving On Oct.5th(the same day as the hallowe'en party) I'm just wondering if we go to the party, will we have to start using our pass then? If we do, will our 1st day start at that time or does it go from the parks opening time to when the park closes. I would just hate to use up a whole day's pass just for 4 or 5 hours in the evening

The Halloween party is a hard ticket event, meaning it is a completely separate admission. You will not have to (nor be able to) use a regular admission ticket to get into the park that night for the party.

In other words, you can go to the party on the night of the 5th (that's the same night I'm going - got my ticket a couple of weeks ago) without using a day of your regular hopper tickets...of course, it also means that if you wanted to spend all day at the MK or any other park, then go to the party at night, you'll end up using two separate admission tickets (which I'll have to do).

Anyone know at what time they let you into the park for MNSSHP, if you didn't use your PHP ticket?
And if you're in the park do they "clear" everyone out and then you re-enter?

I've read on the Theme Park Strategies Board that they "clear" everyone out at 6pm but if you have an MNSSHP ticket they keep you in a separate area of MK...you don't actually have to leave the park. I think you can enter before 7pm if you have a PS. We have one for LTT at 5:45pm :).

I got our tickets today (arrived by courier) & they are so cute...a red one with Minnie & a blue one with Mickey. :) Both say Walt Disney World and are plastic (I know a lot of people ask if tickets are paper or plastic...I think they've got everything plastic now). Great souvenirs for our scrapbook. :)

I got Minnie on my ticket.

I was kinda disappointed, hoping they would have Halloween themed ones - like a Mickey-o-lantern or the Headless Horseman. Oh well, Minnie was pretty cool (maybe I can pretend it's Mickey in costume).

I would have been so happy with a Headless Horseman ticket, I've always been a fan of his and I believe the Halloween Party is the only time he appears at the parks. Seeing him charging down Main Street, leading the parade, will be worth the price of admission alone.

BTW, are you "grown ups" planning on wearing a costume? I'd like to, but I'm not really sure what to dress up as.

Does anyone have any good costume ideas? I don't really want to pack one, but I'd like to wear something. Right now, I'm thinking of wearing a Disneyland t-shirt and going as a "lost tourist" (just walking around asking where the Matterhorn is)...I know, lame, but it'll be easy to pack.

getbak,

We are not dressing up for two reasons. #1, we will be going for 3 weeks, including a week on a cruise and we just won't have room to pack anything more! #2, all the costumes that I think of include extra clothing and I can't handle the heat very well, so unless I am in shorts and a tee, I will be grumpy all night :rolleyes: and that's one dwarf my hubby doesn't want to spend the night with :p

I'm not planning on wearing a costume but DD might...if she can think of something to wear. I'm just going to enjoy "people watching" that night :).

Does anyone know how crowded it gets...any idea how many tickets they sell? Just tell me it can't be any worse than a typical day at MK in July. :).

Those not wearing costumes might consider getting in the "spirit" by wearing the seasonal t-shirts that the Gap and Old Navy sell. We went last year to the MNSSHP and did want the kids to know in advance that this was part of the trip. So we bought t-shirts that had skeleton bones on them from the Gap and they blended with the rest of the suitcase contents. The party was lots of fun. The only part I didn't like was the fog that was piped in around Liberty Square. We go to Disney a few times a year and are very comfortable with the geography of the MK. However at night with many people in costume, it was a little disorienting.

I'm taking a costume for dd, most likely Belle costume. I think I'm going to dress as Minnie Mouse but it's not going to be that elaborate....I'm making from Minnie Poka Dot fabric a Skort & top and I'll wear black pantyhose and MAYBE ( depends how hot it is) a black strecth long sleeve top & mouse ears ( maybe yellow running shoes)

Julie- YES we are going on the 5th after all! I'm not chancing the 10th for crowds (Friday of a long weekend, NOWAY JOSE)

Wendy, I just replied to your PM then saw you message here.
Thanks, :) I guess I'll definitely go then, on October 5. I don't know about a costume though. It depends on how much luggage I end up bringing.

We got our tickets for the 19th!!!! Makes the trip seem closer somehow. We also have a PS for 6:30pm at LTT.

We have a PS for LTT for 5:40 pm...maybe we'll see eachother as we're leaving. You'll have to let me know what (if any) costumes you'll be wearing. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter