options for OTU points

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
we have an aug UY with 100 points at the poly and usually go the end on Jan for a week

our points gets us almost a full 7 nights were still going off of borrowing since we didnt go in 2021 which I had banked in 2022 which we didnt go so I rented out the banked points
so we still have banked points
we already have the trip booked for 2025 by using our yearly points and what was banked
next year well be able to use banked (2027)
and well have some banked left to book 2028 but then well need to start borrowing which Im trying to advoid
so would this work at that time
book 6 nights since we wont have to borrow to many points
at the 7 month time book one more night by buying the OTU points
but instead of just borrowing what we need for the one night
could I buy all 24 points to use for the booking
so Id use the 24 OTU points my annual points and then borrow the few points we would be short
I guess what Im trying to say
with the 6 nights booked Id then would use the few banked points we have left and then just borrowing the few we need
or could I use the OTU points as part of my 6 night booking

I’m not sure how many questions were in here, but yes, at 7 months out, you can buy 24 OTU points to reserve the 7th night.

I’m not completely sure I understand what you’re asking, so this may not help.

You can only buy as many OTUP as you need to book whatever you’re trying to book at 7 months. For instance, if the reservation you’re booking only takes 16 points, you can only buy 16 points. You can’t buy 24 OTUP unless that’s the number you actually need for what you’re booking.

And, you’re not required to borrow any points before you buy OTUP, even if you have all your points in the next UY still available.

And if you’ve already borrowed into that year, you can’t point already borrowed sit in that use year and buy OTU points unless and until you have applied all points in the year including those already borrowed into that use year.

And if you’ve already borrowed into that year, you can’t point already borrowed sit in that use year and buy OTU points unless and until you have applied all points in the year including those already borrowed into that use year.

This was not my experience. You can leave points in your UY, even if banked or borrowed, and still buy them.

thanks for the advice
I was hoping that even if I had banked points or had points to borrow that I could hang on to those and buy the OTP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter