Opinions wanted.....What floor and veranda rooms do you like on the Wish?

DISNEY FIX

DIS Veteran
Just my wife and I are getting ready to book a Sept Wish 4 night Wish cruise....zero cruise experience. I like a little peace and quiet and really like a hot tub first thing in the morning and the gym.....thinking 8th floor starboard side midship????? Would love to hear any experiences or reccomendations.

Last edited:
We (family of 4, 2 kids 6 and 10) have done both deck 8 and 6 midship. Both were great, quiet and comfortable.

I think I liked deck 6 a little more because it was a short walk to the main dining rooms. Our room on 8 was nice because it was right next to the laundry and we were heading to WDW after the cruise.

Have fun! I like the Wish a lot. Then again, it's literally the only cruise I've been on so I have very little to compare.

I highly recommend the Enchante brunch for an amazing dining experience if you can swing it.

We (family of 4, 2 kids 6 and 10) have done both deck 8 and 6 midship. Both were great, quiet and comfortable.

I think I liked deck 6 a little more because it was a short walk to the main dining rooms. Our room on 8 was nice because it was right next to the laundry and we were heading to WDW after the cruise.

Have fun! I like the Wish a lot. Then again, it's literally the only cruise I've been on so I have very little to compare.

I highly recommend the Enchante brunch for an amazing dining experience if you can swing it.
Thanks for the info! I edited to add about doing hot tub and gym in early am if any further options on location. Ty!

Thanks for the info! I edited to add about doing hot tub and gym in early am if any further options on location. Ty!
Yeah, I can't help you there; a gym is the furthest thing from my mind when I'm on vacation :)

I do believe the Rainforest Pass allows you to use the spa hot tub whenever you'd like, but we haven't tried that yet.

The gym likely opens around 6.

Hot tubs are usually closed until a bit later. At least the last time I was on DCL the tubs - including hot tubs - were covered with netting until some point in the morning. They're definitely not 24/7.

We've been on decks 6 and 7. I generally preferred deck 7 mainly because it's relatively equal to going up or down to areas of interest, and since we usually use the stairs, that's relevant for us. On deck 6, we were almost as far aft as you can get - the last cabin before the cabins that face aft. We didn't pick it - it was VGT, so initially, I wasn't thrilled because it's a long walk to the elevators, but it was really quiet, so we actually liked it. But I would have preferred to be one deck higher. We still had a relatively long way to walk when we were on deck 7, but it's not really that bad.

I'd have to look up the deck plans to remember if we were starboard or port. I don't typically care about that. We used to pick our cabins and had some specific criteria. That has changed over the years as we got moved several times and realized that we were just fine with other locations. Now, if we pick our cabin, we're primarily concerned with which deck we're on (i.e., not too far to go to the pool deck, not too far to go to restaurants). On the Wish, we didn't pick our cabin either time, and we're becoming more inclined to go with GTY or VGT bookings. As I care less and less about the location re aft/mid/forward and don't care about starboard/port, the better price differential usually wins out, and we know that we'll likely get something on a deck that's relatively within my criteria. This time, we had a placeholder to use, which came out considerably less than a GTY rate, so we chose a cabin and went with deck 8 because I wanted to see if the bump-out area had a slightly deeper balcony. Decks 6 & 7 had no availability there. So we'll see how we feel about 8.

Oh, another thing: make time to see the stage shows, especially if you're a Disney fan. They're quite good, especially Aladdin

Decks 7-9 are all really nice and are easy to get anywhere up or down from there. If you want truly quiet, I would try to book a room that is not connecting. You can definitely hear families at times with connecting doors depending.

The fitness center is on deck 5 forward.
Adult hot tub on deck 13 aft.
Rainforest Spa hot tubs are with the spa, deck 5 forward with an additional charge (per day, or length of cruise stay pass).

So really, you'll be all over the ship depending on where you want to go. Midship is always popular, but I wouldn't hesitate to book aft or forward. We like midship but also forward as well.

We've done a couple's trip, family trips, and we like the Wish, even though we also love the classic ships. The best time to enjoy the ship's quieter times is during first dinner time. Pools, hot tubs, open decks are quiet and usually sunset time for beautiful views.

Book Palo or Enchante for a nice dinner experience. (Additional, not included restaurant experience) You can book ahead of time or book on the ship when you first get on board, there is a time to adjust dining experiences. You can add a reservation, if available, on a night that you would like once you get your dining rotation onboard. If you are going to skip a restaurant, Marvel or Arendelle would probably be ones to choose, they are dinner "shows" that tend to be loud and somewhat overstimulating. (Not that they're not fun, but 1923 is a nice atmosphere so don't skip that one.)

Let me know if you have any other questions! We just got off the Wish last week :)

We opted for a deck 6, forward bump out room for our upcoming cruise on the Treasure (sister **** to the Wish with the same deck layout). There aren't many rooms below deck 6, so getting an elevator up to the pool decks (or walking up) are not so bad. From 6 its a short walk down to the main dining rooms (we don't generally do the buffet much so most of our meals will be in the MDRs), lounges and other activities on the ship.

We had this room booked prior to our cruise on the Wish (which we stayed concierge, which is a different experience all together) and we felt for a non-concierge cruise the lower bump out was the right choice.

Everyone is different though. Growing up, my mom always insisted on our cruise cabins being all the way up close to the pool decks. I have found that I generally prefer to be closer to the middle decks where everything else on the ship is typically located. The reality is that no matter where you are on the ship, it's just a few minutes to get to the farthest reaches and there is no real best or worst location. What is an extra 60-90 seconds to get to the gym or hot tub or MDR or etc...?

We liked deck 8 midship(ish). We were on the rear bumpout, close to the aft elevators/stairs, we have the same area booked for the treasure

We've done Deck 8 Mid Starboard. Loved it. Convenient to most things, especially if you are able to use stairs. Also close to the laundry facility if you're a weirdo like me and prefer to go home with clean clothes :)

We're booked on the Wish again in a couple weeks and have chosen Deck 6 Mid Starboard this time because we have the kids with us this time and it's more centrally located than deck 8. The one HUGE bonus I'll add is that our Deck 8 stateroom mustered outside on deck 3 (or maybe 4?) for the muster drill. Our muster station for Deck 6 is in the Walt Disney Theater. It's a pretty minor deal for most people, but we're pretty stoked to not have to stand in a cattle call muster drill but instead be able to sit in the air conditioning.

Also, for the gym, deck 6 mid/fwd are super convenient. No matter what you choose, you're gonna love it.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest