Opinion on AKL/Epcot resorts availability in early Dec?

princessluna14

Mouseketeer
I just recently rented points for a 12/4-12/8 stay at OKW, but now I'm thinking I need to add a day onto each end of the trip and make it 12/3-12/9. I know availability is tough that time of year (I originally requested VGF and Poly but knew deep down there was no chance, hence the OKW stay), but do all resorts have zero availability like VGF and Poly? I was hoping maybe I could add a night at AKL or one of the Epcot resorts, but wanted to see if it was even a remote possibility before I sent in the request.

but do all resorts have zero availability like VGF and Poly?

While we aren't supposed to check availability for specific dates, because it can change so fast, the answer is: Yes. That is part of the highest demand period OF THE YEAR for DVC, and books hard and fast at 11 months almost everywhere but the absolute largest resorts (AKV, OKW, Saratoga). And even they have availability issues, looking at them.

I would put a 99.8% chance that getting a studio at an Epcot resort is a hard no. Very high chance that best chances at AKV are Kidani. Availability of 1BRs may be slightly better, especially for single nights, but only slightly. You might get one of your two nights elsewhere, but depends on how quickly they could book them.

You may as well make the request but keep expectations tiny.

While we aren't supposed to check availability for specific dates, because it can change so fast, the answer is: Yes. That is part of the highest demand period OF THE YEAR for DVC, and books hard and fast at 11 months almost everywhere but the absolute largest resorts (AKV, OKW, Saratoga). And even they have availability issues, looking at them.

I would put a 99.8% chance that getting a studio at an Epcot resort is a hard no. Very high chance that best chances at AKV are Kidani. Availability of 1BRs may be slightly better, especially for single nights, but only slightly. You might get one of your two nights elsewhere, but depends on how quickly they could book them.

You may as well make the request but keep expectations tiny.

You confirmed what I was assuming. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter