Opening strategy

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
We rope drop - love the low crowds. Is this the best strategy for the first hour/two in each park? We are big kids - ride most of the dark rides (favs!) and skip some of the headliners as they are too intense for us.

DL - head straight for PP - then Alice, Toad, Dumbo, Storybook (I will MP Matterhorn at arrival), Matterhorn and Nemo will probably follow into Tomorrowland with a MP for Space next

DCA - MP Radiator Springs on arrival, head to Soarin, then Luigis, Mater and hopefully on Radiator. Next MP for ToyStory and ride Little Mermaid and Jesse's Carousel. I will try to single rider or MP Incredicoaster as I am the only rider for this one. I will MP Radiator springs for after dark as soon as available and work around that wait time. (how long to complete to Incredicoaster? - 10a/11a?)

Our strategy focuses on our favorite E ticket rides, so our DL EMH strategy skips FL entirely. We go straight to Space and ride as many times as we can on standby. We also MP it and ride Buzz when we're waiting for the FP return time and the Space standby line is too long. We don't do Matterhorn or Star Tours.

For EMH at DCA, we actually don't MP RSR as we love evening/night rides. We've been on it enough in the daytime to prefer saving our MP for GOTG. I wait and MP RSR when I can get a 7 pm or later return time. Instead, we MP GOTG (my DDs' favorite ride) and walk on to TSMM and Incredicoaster. Then we go standby on GOTG until our FP return time (which meant 2 consecutive rides one morning--a little too much for me at 7:30 am!).

Our strategy focuses on our favorite E ticket rides, so our DL EMH strategy skips FL entirely. We go straight to Space and ride as many times as we can on standby. We also MP it and ride Buzz when we're waiting for the FP return time and the Space standby line is too long. We don't do Matterhorn or Star Tours.

For EMH at DCA, we actually don't MP RSR as we love evening/night rides. We've been on it enough in the daytime to prefer saving our MP for GOTG. I wait and MP RSR when I can get a 7 pm or later return time. Instead, we MP GOTG (my DDs' favorite ride) and walk on to TSMM and Incredicoaster. Then we go standby on GOTG until our FP return time (which meant 2 consecutive rides one morning--a little too much for me at 7:30 am!).
Thanks - we are not big on the bigger thrill rides. One ride on space will be plenty per day and we won’t ride GOTG at all - neither of us can stomach the drop. We will skip splash as well.

Which park doesn’t have magic morning.

Dca I go on GOTG as many times in a row since they don’t have single rider. Get pass for gotg and use that once line forms after the first 2-3 rides I use maxpass for last ride of the morning. Then I go to incredicoaster and usually can maxpass enough to walk back on once the ride is over. I do this till I’m tired of the ride or maxpass line takes too long, usually ride 6-9 times in a row. Then get maxpass to rsr.

DCA I usually go to FL and skip PP and do everything else. Then maxpass for BTMR and single ride Matterhorn/space

We're going in April for 2 days (many time WDW, first DL trip)
We have 4 adults (62,62,35,35) and 2 kids (6,2).
We plan to utilize rider swap Staying across the street so no early access
DOES THIS PLAN MAKE SENSE (This will likely be our one and only dl trip)

DL - MP Big Thunder, Matterhorn, Space, autotopia, Use MP for Big Thunder, Splash, then maybe some stuff in toon town for the kid (while stacking up some MP in there)
DCA - MP RSR, TSM, Incredicoster, GGMB, then into radiator springs rides, MP Sorin.

Careful with PP. Be aware of the wait time. If you get there fast enough it is worth your time. But it isn't worth it if a few hundred people are in front of you. I see people waiting 30 to 40 min in the morning to ride PP when everything else is a walk on.

DL - head straight for PP - then Alice, Toad, Dumbo, Storybook (I will MP Matterhorn at arrival), Matterhorn and Nemo will probably follow into Tomorrowland with a MP for Space next
Sounds like an excellent RD plan. It’s similar to mine. We always say/joke “Do Peter Pan early or not at all.” Alice immediately after that is also a solid choice. That line gets long fast.

Hope you have a great time! I always do.

Careful with PP. Be aware of the wait time. If you get there fast enough it is worth your time. But it isn't worth it if a few hundred people are in front of you. I see people waiting 30 to 40 min in the morning to ride PP when everything else is a walk on.
I agree. If your not able to walk through at least half of the que for PP skip it and go do all the other FL rides. Alice first since that is the longest of them all sans PP.

PP is constantly 30ish minutes all day.

Sounds like the PP dash! This is one of all of our favorites and would ride many times if we could but will settle for once at RD. 30 isn't as bad as I thought it would be - given how long it gets at WDW without a FP.

Sounds like the PP dash! This is one of all of our favorites and would ride many times if we could but will settle for once at RD. 30 isn't as bad as I thought it would be - given how long it gets at WDW without a FP.
And now that the the path at Snow White’s Grotto is open (hopefully permanently), you’ll only have to walk half as far to get there (as opposed to the long Matterhorn route we’ve had to suffer in recent weeks ;-)).

And now that the the path at Snow White’s Grotto is open (hopefully permanently), you’ll only have to walk half as far to get there (as opposed to the long Matterhorn route we’ve had to suffer in recent weeks ;-)).

Is the Matterhorn route faster for getting to Alice? I'm just not confident enough in getting on Pan without a wait and would rather make sure we get a short wait for Alice since we have PP on the east coast.

Is the Matterhorn route faster for getting to Alice? I'm just not confident enough in getting on Pan without a wait and would rather make sure we get a short wait for Alice since we have PP on the east coast.
Now that you mention it, it probably is :-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter