Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party 2024

Maybe you could call to request early check in. Then you could hang out in your room. Also once you have your room key go up to the 6th floor patio that overlooks DCA. It's really cool!
Ohhhh good idea! We are here now!

I was totally going to do Art and Craft but it’s Tuesdays and Thursdays this month. Boo!

Great! I'd go talk to the front desk and let them know you'd like to check in as early as possible with your room type.
We checked in yesterday! But not doing any park days- just the party. Our VGC rule held- still. hours away on the I-10 so the room was ready at 2:47. If we’d been in the lobby… it’d been 4:12. 🤣

Hoping this is a good place to post this question:flower:For the first time we are going to OBB, we are so excited! Me and kid are going with kid's friend and Mom. I bought 4 tickets and each ticket is in each person's name. I have rsvp for Trader Sam's for 2:30pm for 2 and thought the Moms could have a drink while kids (16) could go ahead and we would meet up with them around 3:30ish. I thought this was a great plan, but now I can't figure out how to give them the tickets. I didn't think it would be an issue because I am not reselling - I am just giving the ticket to the person it was bought for. How do people do this? Mom's need a drink before OBB right?

Hoping this is a good place to post this question:flower:For the first time we are going to OBB, we are so excited! Me and kid are going with kid's friend and Mom. I bought 4 tickets and each ticket is in each person's name. I have rsvp for Trader Sam's for 2:30pm for 2 and thought the Moms could have a drink while kids (16) could go ahead and we would meet up with them around 3:30ish. I thought this was a great plan, but now I can't figure out how to give them the tickets. I didn't think it would be an issue because I am not reselling - I am just giving the ticket to the person it was bought for. How do people do this? Mom's need a drink before OBB right?

Print tickets and give everyone their print out or if everyone has a phone just add the ticket number to the Disneyland app on the respective phone.

Or am I totally misunderstanding the question?

We can see the Pixar Pier entrance from our room. Last night we arrived at 5:30 PM and it was closed for entering with a security guard posted to turn people away. Only one door was open. People were able to leave from this exit. This morning, it was open for entry with both doors open and no guard. We left our room from 10:30-12:30. Now at 12:30, it is closed again. We are hoping to use it for OBB tonight. I’ll report back. I’ll probably ask him from my balcony if it hasn’t reopened by 2.

Print tickets and give everyone their print out or if everyone has a phone just add the ticket number to the Disneyland app on the respective phone.

Or am I totally misunderstanding the question?
Thank you!!! I didn't know they would accept a print and I didn't know they could add the ticket number to their app-both excellent options. (this now seems so obvious but I don't think we have ever done a party before or had kids old enough to do a party ahead of us) Thanks Vala:worship:

The security guard told me it was not going to open. We were in line at the Grizzly entrance at 2:20 and were maybe the 15th group. The sweet spot was 2:25. It got very long very fast after that. They started letting us in at 2:40, held us at the gate another 5 minutes and then let us in. We stopped twice for pictures and were in line for Incredicoaster at 3:03.

The security guard told me it was not going to open. We were in line at the Grizzly entrance at 2:20 and were maybe the 15th group. The sweet spot was 2:25. It got very long very fast after that. They started letting us in at 2:40, held us at the gate another 5 minutes and then let us in. We stopped twice for pictures and were in line for Incredicoaster at 3:03.
Frankly, this seems like a good solution. If the line is going to take 30+ minutes to clear for hotel guests, they should start letting hotel guests in early to (a) keep the line under control and (b) ensure they actually get in the park around the time they paid for.

(I have no dog in this fight, on our OBB day I started at Disneyland at noon and security line was near instant—which of course, is another strategy: hangout at DTD before the party if you don’t have day admission to the park)

Thank you!!! I didn't know they would accept a print and I didn't know they could add the ticket number to their app-both excellent options. (this now seems so obvious but I don't think we have ever done a party before or had kids old enough to do a party ahead of us) Thanks Vala:worship:

I am in Europe and in the middle of jet lag, so I wasn't sure if my brain is working correctly. :laughing: Using the app seems to be the way to go, but I saw quite a number of people using print outs still.

Screen shot their OBB tickets and text them to them. Or have your kid sign in to the DL app as you. Then all tickets will be on their app also. We do this all the time so my kids can go off on their own and use the LLs that they have without us being with them (also lets them have the digital key to our room at GCH).

What a great time at our first OBB! We did Oogie Boogie first which had a pretty sizable line at 5:50 but it moved fast. A last minute decision to ride Grizzly at 5:05 put us a bit behind our plan. We did everything we wanted except hit the Cars rides. Luigi’s was 30 minutes until about 10PM then it dropped fast but we were pooped. We wanted to do Maters but it just never happened. RSR was down pretty much the full party.

Judge Doom was my favorite! We were able to watch him a bit. Ernesto was on a break when we went through around 10:15.

We planned to see the second parade but got a great spot near Paradise Garden in the second row right before the first one. We hit Sid right after this which worked well. We then rode TSMM with a 25 min wait but Incredicoaster was a walk on.

I sorta panicked that the places with the Minnie Sippers were closing at 9 so I booked of back to Corn Dog Castle to get one while my family ride Incredicoaster a few times. At the end of the night we walked through the hub and there was a stand with a billion of them. Oops!!!

We were Disney Park rangers which was a good comfortable choice. The CM seemed to appreciate our costumes! IMG_5956.jpegIMG_1657.jpeg

What a great time at our first OBB! We did Oogie Boogie first which had a pretty sizable line at 5:50 but it moved fast. A last minute decision to ride Grizzly at 5:05 put us a bit behind our plan. We did everything we wanted except hit the Cars rides. Luigi’s was 30 minutes until about 10PM then it dropped fast but we were pooped. We wanted to do Maters but it just never happened. RSR was down pretty much the full party.

Judge Doom was my favorite! We were able to watch him a bit. Ernesto was on a break when we went through around 10:15.

We planned to see the second parade but got a great spot near Paradise Garden in the second row right before the first one. We hit Sid right after this which worked well. We then rode TSMM with a 25 min wait but Incredicoaster was a walk on.

I sorta panicked that the places with the Minnie Sippers were closing at 9 so I booked of back to Corn Dog Castle to get one while my family ride Incredicoaster a few times. At the end of the night we walked through the hub and there was a stand with a billion of them. Oops!!!

We were Disney Park rangers which was a good comfortable choice. The CM seemed to appreciate our costumes! View attachment 901432View attachment 901433
Love the outfits!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest