Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party 2024

I went on Sunday

I did all Villain Trails and did Ooggie and Doom twice because the lines were so low at a point.

Went on Villains Grove twice, only issue with this attraction is some guests want to walk and others will stand for mins watching the effects and can slow the line down
Does anybody have a good reference for the party overall or at least that does a good job describing Villains Grove v Villain Trails?
Meet
Mickey Kingdom Hearts
Wade and Ember (separately)
Frozo
Pain and Panic (togeather)
Wanda
Red Dressed as a Clown
Is this Red the Descendants character? If so, where can we find her.

Does anybody have a good reference for the party overall or at least that does a good job describing Villains Grove v Villain Trails?

No, the Firetruck from Cars.

Villains Grove - fancy light show, no character. Nice pictures/videos for 'the Gram' I suppose.

Trail - trick or treat stations where you collect candy and eventually you get to see the Villains that 'hosts'.

Villain’s Grove is a walk-through experience inside the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. It’s light, sound, and smoke effects … I found it very creative and beautiful. No candy or characters here.

The person who said villian trails is referring to the character treat trails … trick or treating with a character within the trail (a villian). These are super cool even if you don’t care about the candy as the actors are incredible.

Thank you @Vala and @SOCALMouseMommy — appreciate the helpful response. Even though we’re DLR locals, we’ve only done MNSSHP at MK for the past few years because it was easier to keep young kids out late on the east coast. This is our first OBB and I need to study up before we go next week…but I’m also going to be in HKDL and SDL the week after and I’m approaching our 60 days for Thanksgiving at WDW so I’m basically overwhelmed with Disney planning. 🤪

Is Villains Grove (or anything else at OBB) too intense for kids? They do fine with everything at the MNSSHP and can go on rides like Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror— but anything too frightening could freak out my more anxious kid, she used to get nervous with the ghost pirates on the ship in Fantasmic.

Thank you @Vala and @SOCALMouseMommy — appreciate the helpful response. Even though we’re DLR locals, we’ve only done MNSSHP at MK for the past few years because it was easier to keep young kids out late on the east coast. This is our first OBB and I need to study up before we go next week…but I’m also going to be in HKDL and SDL the week after and I’m approaching our 60 days for Thanksgiving at WDW so I’m basically overwhelmed with Disney planning. 🤪

Is Villains Grove (or anything else at OBB) too intense for kids? They do fine with everything at the MNSSHP and can go on rides like Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror— but anything too frightening could freak out my more anxious kid, she used to get nervous with the ghost pirates on the ship in Fantasmic.
I’ve watched several you tube videos to get an idea of what’s what and everything appears very mild. Nobody has actually filmed inside villains grove that I have saw. We have decided to leave villains grove as a do it only if we have time thing since there’s no characters.

I’ve watched Disney dad and magical tour guide. I fast forward through the sections to make the video go by quicker.

I cannot think of a single thing at the party that’s too scary for kids. People take babies and toddlers.

Despite the ominous name, Villian’s Grove is not at all scary! There are no villains and the special effects are magical rather than spooky. My 9-year-old was enchanted (me too!).

P.S. I have some video clips … if anyone wants to see and example, just message me. I don’t want to spoil the magic for people who like to be surprised!

IMG_1077.jpeg

Kingdom Hearts 'end of night' group picture situation tonight: Mickey came back soon after parade. Duos Mickey and Goofy - who was out throughout the parade - for a while. With maybe about 10 parties left Donald came out. It was just my turn, that would have worked so nicely. Lol Unfortunately they only took some pictures on the photographer's camera, then Goofy went in. I imagine it is possible they allow attendees in. Today it wasn't meant to be.

Kingdom Hearts 'end of night' group picture situation tonight: Mickey came back soon after parade. Duos Mickey and Goofy - who was out throughout the parade - for a while. With maybe about 10 parties left Donald came out. It was just my turn, that would have worked so nicely. Lol Unfortunately they only took some pictures on the photographer's camera, then Goofy went in. I imagine it is possible they allow attendees in. Today it wasn't meant to be.
So close! I hope you had a great time.

All three in one go? Borderline impossible.

All three over several pics: it's not the longest line anymore. What's your definition of too much time consuming.
Oh no, not all three at the same time, I assumed it's never done. But getting pictures with them separately/duos is fine by me!

Well, glad to hear it's not the longest line! I've heard before that the line circles around 40 mins and that's a lot!! I love the game but that's too much party time and lining up just once would be enough. But if the lines have dwindled down, I might give it a shot and get in it multiple times if necessary. 🤓
I heard a rumor they all are out at the end of the night....per the CM is varies but some lucky people have gotten all three characters at once
Wow, that'd be my dream come true! 🤩

Last edited:
I’ve watched several you tube videos to get an idea of what’s what and everything appears very mild. Nobody has actually filmed inside villains grove that I have saw. We have decided to leave villains grove as a do it only if we have time thing since there’s no characters.

I’ve watched Disney dad and magical tour guide. I fast forward through the sections to make the video go by quicker.
There are youtube videos out there of Villains Grove but I don't think the videos are able to truly do it justice. The line will look long but it moves along quickly, looks are deceptive! I'm going with my brother and his family who have never seen Disney at Halloweentime and I'm most excited to see their reaction walking through Villains Grove!

There are youtube videos out there of Villains Grove but I don't think the videos are able to truly do it justice. The line will look long but it moves along quickly, looks are deceptive! I'm going with my brother and his family who have never seen Disney at Halloweentime and I'm most excited to see their reaction walking through Villains Grove!
I agree that it’s so much cooler in person than photos and videos can capture. We loved it!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest