One Attraction You Dont Like

Does anyone have a ride at DLR that they just cannot stand to get on? You would not mind seeing DLR replace this ride with something better.

Mine would be Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, it is just not very enjoyable. It seems way too dark in a not so great way.

Ohhh nooo..I love Mr Toad! I have to say I was glad when the Country Bears made their exit..and I'm glad Honey We Shrunk the Audience is gone and hopefully won't return. I never made it into Innoventions..I was in line once but had just gotten my popcorn and the CM commentd on getting rid of all food and drink while looking pointedly at me and I couldn't eat it fast enough to make that group and wasn't about to throw it away so got out of line. It does seem like a HUGE waste of space. The Storybook ride is sweet in an old fashioned Walt Made It way and Casey Jr is fine for what it is (when I was a kid, someone with an issue of some kind was driving Casey Jr and we were WHIPPING along..whoo hoo...roller coaster! When we stopped an older CM really chewed out the driver...but it was the funnest Casey Jr ride ever) My grandkids all love Astro Orbiter, and it's much better now then when it was mounted way up high ..that was kind of scary. I won't ride several rides, but they still add to the park's charm/thrills/ambience, so I'd hate to to see them go.

Mine would be Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, it is just not very enjoyable. It seems way too dark in a not so great way.
"Way too dark" in that Mr Toad gets hit by a train and ends up in hell? Most people don't think about that. It's still one of my favorite rides.

I see that some posters have voted a few of my favorite rides off the island - Roger Rabbit and Monsters Inc. They're state of the art dark rides in my book.

I think I'd vote for (i.e. against) Innoventions. Other than the Tom Morrow robot (voice by Nathan Lane) the building could be used for something much better.

Storybook Land Canal Boats, yea thats kinda boring

When we rode it the last time, we got to see one of the many feral cats that inhabit DLand ... I was the only one excited about it, though, LOL! (The CM was quick to point it out and told us, "Hey, what is Jasmine's tiger doing over there? I wonder if she knows he's out?" It was cute.)

The most exciting part was I got to prove to my family what I had been reading here about some of the little "behind the scenes" secrets, LOL!

Innoventions - needs to go. :thumbsup2

Captain EO - just wish they would put something awesome in there, like Mickey's Philharmagic (or something like that).

Astro Orbitor (ouch!)
Autopia (double ouch!!)
Innoventions
Captain EO

Ok. . . HALF of Tomorrowland. ;)

Ditto that!

In DCA, they could lose pretty much the entire Bugs Land and I'd be cool with that. :rotfl: If there is any line at all, it's not worth the wait. It's bearable when it's walk-on, but waiting 30 minutes to ride a 1 minute boring ride around a tiny track on Heimlich's or spinning around in a circle on Flik's Flyers is soo not worth it.

Also not a fan of Monster's, Inc. BORING. :sad2:

I would be seriously bummed out if they took out Mr Toads Wild Ride or the Tiki Room, those are still part of the old fashioned charm and are "must-dos" while we are there, something I personally dont like is Star Tours because no matter how much dramamine I take, I ALWAYS get green on that ride. The only thing that I dont really "enjoy" other than ST is that Casey Jr train and the Storybook Canals. But on the other hand, I wouldnt change anything that was originally put there by Walt Disney himself, leave all the new stuff for California Adventures!

I have to say im 15 years old and i absolutely LOVE the monsters inc ride.
~Storybook land canal boats....ok i agree not the best ride in the world but the houses are extremely cute.
~Mr toads wild ride....so cute too!
~Autotopia isnt the same to us as it was when it was new to the older people because we have al these fancy cars now.....these people didnt have all that.
~Innoventions......takes up way to much space!
Nemo....Soo cute. My boyfirend and i rode it about three times. I find it fasinating. No idea why.
~ Snow white...thats also an original.
~The himlicks chew chew train i LOVE! You get to smell the scents of the food. LOL maybe im just a bit to childish. :lmao:
~The ferris wheel....eh its jsut so so.

If you think about it......disney wouldn't be what it is today without all these rides. They have to stay. (Even my tiki room that i dread.)

My family thought innoventions was cool, we went the 4th day after we had seen and ridden everything and we had time to kill pretty much. If I was in a time crunch I would not go see it, but we thought it was cool.

No one in my group liked Nemo, including my kids. Way too stuffy and just not worth the wait.

Not a big fan of Fantasyland but I just really cant stand Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Monsters Inc is so cool and so close to the movie
Ferris Wheel is so high.....heights freaks me out
Innoventions is awesome...I am in awe of the technology
I have never rode Astro Orbiter
I love riding in the front of Star Tours
Tiki Room is awesome, love the singing

After you see it's a Small World once. It 's all I can take.

I badgered my husband to go on this in December at least once so we could check out the new additions. Of COURSE we got stuck for 15 minutes...I seriously don't think I'll ever be able to talk him into going on it again. It was all I could do to keep him from jumping out of the boat and walking along that little concrete ledge (we were almost at the very end).

We've ridden Heimlich's Chew Chew train once. After we rode it, I commented to my husband that "we just waited in line for 20 minutes to get sprayed in the face".

We LOVE Star Tours. We've (my family) probably been on it 500 times (seriously).

But that ride is being closed down and getting re-done.....I believe starting sometime this year. It will still be Star Wars, but a whole new movie and who knows what else they will change. We're excited about it! :banana:

We also love Autopia, Tiki Room, Casey, Storybook land boats, and all of Fantasyland......all classic attractions that for us, make DL special.

Besides, it shouldn't be just about what the grownups like. It's our kids that LOVE Autopia. They would be devasted if it was replaced. Would DH and I be devasted if Autopia went? Well, no. We have more fun driving our real cars, if you know what I mean. But for the kids, Autopia is AWESOME! Same with Astro Orbitor. (Except thankfully our kids are just now getting out of having to ride that one everytime we walk by. They are more focused on Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear in that area....thank goodness. :goodvibes)

Star Tours hands down. DH and I both get sooo sick on it, so to us it's a total waste of space, lol.

Me too! I wish they would replace this one.

They are redoing it soon. It will be more up to date. My guess is that it will be similar to the "race" in one of the newer Star Wars, but, that's just a guess.

But to answer the original question: Mickey's Wheel of Terror

I don't think they make a xanax strong enough to drag me on that ride

I never got to see America Sings but I hear people talk about it

It was a show with singing AA animals, in the Carousel Theater, where Innoventions is now. Basically, it was singing animals acting out the history of American music (well, up until the early 70s :laughing:) in a unique theater that moved. You can still see alot of the AA animals in Splash Mountain, at the end...or from the train ride, if it's a cold day and/or you don't want to get soggy!

Well, hmmm... I think a lot of the rides at DLR have a purposeful place in the parks. Like, even though I don't make a point of going on Autopia now and I do think it could stand to be overhauled and modernized, I like that it has that retro-futuristic feeling that the People Mover had and the Skyway bucket thingy had. So Autopia has its place in DL for me.

I am bored to tears by HISTA and let's hope that never comes back, ever again. I agree that Innoventions is nice on a hot day, but it bores me too. I used to love America Sings as a kid and I guess, like Spacemermaid, I resent Innoventions because it is inhabiting the building that used to be America Sings. Also, I love the movie "Finding Nemo," but I am very underwhelmed by the Nemo Subs, and I wish there were a separate Nemo ride.

It'a a Small World is not my favorite ride in terms of fun, but it is a nice, long ride to go on when you are tired but feel like you need to ride something just to feel productive!!:rotfl: Plus, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the holiday version of It's a Small World - it's gorgeous - and I would be very disappointed if DLR ever got rid of it. IASW is just vintage DLR, though, so no matter how much I may cringe when I hear that song, it IS Disneyland. Disneyland would never be the same without all those annoying little dolls singing!!

I actually love Roger Rabbit - I seem to be one of the few who does - and I like Monsters, Inc. a lot. I also like A Bug's Land and all the cute little Disney details that are everywhere (same reason I love ToonTown - the details!). I like the Storybook Land Canal Boats when I ride them, but usually the line is so long and slow that we don't bother. That is not a line you want to be standing in on a hot day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter