• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One 1-hour layover, or two multi-hour layovers

Which is less likely to lead to lost/late luggage?

• One 1-hour layover

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Two multi-hour layovers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shanti

Momketeer
Which is safer if you really need to check luggage two days before the big cruise, & you want to cruise with all your luggage?

Here are the details:
  • All are American Airlines flights
  • The 1-hour layover would be in Phoenix
  • The prices are similar
Yes, we'll pack necessities in carryon just in case, but we still want to avoid a luggage delay.

I have never been to the Phoenix airport that being said I would think an hour is fine, if both flight are in the same terminal.

I'd go with the single layover. Especially if there's more than one flight a day between phoenix and orlando. Absolute worst case scenario is that the luggage ends up on the next flight
We're actually flying to Vancouver. It's an Alaska cruise.

Any time you can minimize the number of times a bag is handled the better. Same goes for how many times you transfer yourself plane to plane. All are just opportunities for the bag to be be lost, a plane to be delayed or a flight cancelled.

Best advise I can give you is to pack an outfit or two of yours in your husbands bag and vice versa. Just in case a piece of luggage gets lost or delayed at least you will have a backup.

I’ve connected in Phoenix many times, it’s an easy airport to get around. It’s a good connecting point because there is rarely bad weather. Never had luggage lost.

I’ve connected in Phoenix many times, it’s an easy airport to get around. It’s a good connecting point because there is rarely bad weather. Never had luggage lost.
You took the words right out of my keyboard! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter