On the verge of crying and screaming for joy

Ducky'sMom

Mom to a smol bean and a spicy potato <3
Never, EVER did I dream that I would actually be able to take my own family to Disney anytime before my daughter was grown! My own family went to Disney by scraping tax refunds and staying mostly offsite (the one onsite time was All Stars Music). I had cousins that stayed in "themed rooms" and "got to eat with Mickey!". I didn't understand any of it, if it was exclusive or we were too poor or what. Fast forward to now where both my husband and I are first gen college grads with an only child that's quickly growing up! I set my mind on taking at least one Disney trip before she hit the "adult" Disney category. So now-- of all things-- we have a reservation for 7 nights at Beach Club Resort, including plans for a MNSSHP and several character meals!! There's a lot that's happened to get here at this point in our lives, and we are still a good bit away from being where we want to be financially, but that fact that we were able to say "Hey, we can put aside X for Disney" just overwhelms me emotionally.

All I can think of is the song on Disney radio from the 90s drive down, "~I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!~" :mickeyjum:goofy::donald:

:sunny: Congratulations! It's the best feeling! I remember sitting there the first time we were looking into going, after laughing it off a few times prior, realizing, we can do this! It was a great feeling. Have a wonderful time!

Sounds like it will be an amazing trip! If finances are an issue, how did it come to be that you picked a deluxe with multiple character meals?

Sounds like it will be an amazing trip! If finances are an issue, how did it come to be that you picked a deluxe with multiple character meals?

One of the great pleasures in life is working toward goals that you've set for yourself. It sounds to me like Ducky's Mom had a goal, which included a deluxe resort with multiple character meals. She and her husband worked very hard to make that goal come true, and that is something she should be very proud of.

Finances are always a concern, but those concerns are also relative to your situation. So it seems that whatever the plans are for OP, they are plans that took discipline and effort to bring to fruition. So congratulations to you, Ducky's Mom. I hope you have the best time ever!

My family and I also stayed at the Beach Club and went to multiple character meals. And it took planning and lots of work -- all executed with some financial concerns. But this is the plan we wanted to follow, so this is the goal that we worked toward. And when it finally came to fruition, it was worth every bit of effort and has become one of our fondest memories.

Have fun!

One of the great pleasures in life is working toward goals that you've set for yourself. It sounds to me like Ducky's Mom had a goal, which included a deluxe resort with multiple character meals. She and her husband worked very hard to make that goal come true, and that is something she should be very proud of.

Finances are always a concern, but those concerns are also relative to your situation. So it seems that whatever the plans are for OP, they are plans that took discipline and effort to bring to fruition. So congratulations to you, Ducky's Mom. I hope you have the best time ever!

My family and I also stayed at the Beach Club and went to multiple character meals. And it took planning and lots of work -- all executed with some financial concerns. But this is the plan we wanted to follow, so this is the goal that we worked toward. And when it finally came to fruition, it was worth every bit of effort and has become one of our fondest memories.

Have fun!
Yes, this is exactly true! Because we were the first ones to go to college, we didn't make the best financial decisions at that time and therefore have the dreaded student loan debt that many Americans have. But we were determined and have learned over several years how to properly save and budget! (Plus, we got a great deal!)

Never, EVER did I dream that I would actually be able to take my own family to Disney anytime before my daughter was grown! My own family went to Disney by scraping tax refunds and staying mostly offsite (the one onsite time was All Stars Music). I had cousins that stayed in "themed rooms" and "got to eat with Mickey!". I didn't understand any of it, if it was exclusive or we were too poor or what. Fast forward to now where both my husband and I are first gen college grads with an only child that's quickly growing up! I set my mind on taking at least one Disney trip before she hit the "adult" Disney category. So now-- of all things-- we have a reservation for 7 nights at Beach Club Resort, including plans for a MNSSHP and several character meals!! There's a lot that's happened to get here at this point in our lives, and we are still a good bit away from being where we want to be financially, but that fact that we were able to say "Hey, we can put aside X for Disney" just overwhelms me emotionally.

All I can think of is the song on Disney radio from the 90s drive down, "~I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!~" :mickeyjum:goofy::donald:

When I was growing up we were very poor. Every summer I would watch my cousin get so excited for her annual summer Disney trip. My Aunt would promise that she would take me but it never happened. Fast forward to adulthood. Fate had it that we would move to Florida. I go to Disney any time I want. God has blessed us with a good life and dreams coming true. Enjoy your trip. Savor every moment. Let yourself be a kid.

Congratulations!

Our first big family trip we stayed at BC, it's amazing and still our favorite! Excellent choice! It's a great feeling when your hard work pays off!

Awesome! I hope you have an amazing trip!

10 years ago, I took my family to Disney for the first time. My daughter was 13 (a good bit older than I was hoping she would be her first time, but that is just the way things worked out) and my son was 4. I told them before we went to enjoy it, it would be a one time deal. We spent 7 days in the parks, and 6 nights at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. The night before and after we stayed at an offsite hotel.

I THOUGHT it would be a one time trip lol. Well before that trip was half over, the wife and I were already trying to figure out how we could make it happen again. We figured it out, and returned again the next summer for a 13 night stay at Port Orleans Riverside. Fast forward to today, and we are currently planning our 11th trip, with an offsite stay, and 10 days in the parks. Disney has a way of sucking you in lol.

Awww, that's so awesome! Congratulations!!!

Awesome!!! You will LOVE the Beach Club. Stormalong Bay is worth a full day to enjoy.

Yay for you!!!

What a lovely, heartwarming thread - really happy for you all! And I love staying at YC/BC and getting up and walking over to Epcot, swimming in the awesome pool, walking along the boardwalk to HS...you're going to have so much fun!

Such a heartwarming story!

DH grew up poor and never had the opportunity to have the kind of vacations I had growing up in an upper middle class family. I never realized how lucky I was until I met him. He’s always been financially responsible and was able to take his girls to Disney as they were growing up but it was always about them. Now that his girls and my son are much older we are taking a trip just the two of us and for the first time he gets to have a Disney trip where he can relax and indulge. I’m so happy I get to experience this with him.

Love this thread. Hard work certainly does pay off and dreams can come true. I hope you have the most magical time! You will absolutely love the Beach Club. We fell in love with it the first time we stayed. We go every year and it never gets old for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!