Olympus Evolt Series

No, but I'd be interested to hear what you think about it.

One of the guys on the Olympus facebook page said he never takes his off his E-30. He said it makes it a bit heavier but it balances well on the E-30

One of the guys on the Olympus facebook page said he never takes his off his E-30. He said it makes it a bit heavier but it balances well on the E-30

It's in the back of my mind for the 600. The battery doesn't last as long as the one in my 520 does, but I picked up a cheap one off of Amazon. It seems to work as well as the Oly battery.

I've seen reviews where, with the battery grip, the 50mm focuses much more quickly. There've been times I've taken off the 50mm to put the 12-60 back on because it was hunting too long.

Then I think maybe I ought to put that money in an E5 and E-P3 fund!:rolleyes1

Just got Olympus email for Black Friday deal:

EPL1 w/ 14-42 @ $499 (not bad, I had one saved on Amazon for $479 w/ body only).

But they're also offering $50 off on m4/3 adaptor (3rd party).

Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. popcorn::

Looks like the adaptors normally fun anywhere from $30 to $180 (Olympus). I'm not sure what the difference is or which one I'd want. Thoughts? :confused3

Opinions

I just bought an E-30 with a number of lenses and other stuff, some of which are duplicated in what I already have so I'm going to try and sell my E-510 as a package.

I have an Fl-36 flash and the package came with a Metz 48-AF1.

Which would you keep and which would you sell?

Thanks

Opinions

I just bought an E-30 with a number of lenses and other stuff, some of which are duplicated in what I already have so I'm going to try and sell my E-510 as a package.

I have an Fl-36 flash and the package came with a Metz 48-AF1.

Which would you keep and which would you sell?

Thanks

Congrats on the E-30. It is a great camera!!

If it were me and $$$ wasn't a factor, I'd keep the Metz and sell the FL-36. The Metz has more power, better recycling time and should be TTL compatible with the E-30's RC wireless flash mode.

Congrats on the E-30. It is a great camera!!

If it were me and $$$ wasn't a factor, I'd keep the Metz and sell the FL-36. The Metz has more power, better recycling time and should be TTL compatible with the E-30's RC wireless flash mode.

Thanks

I'm hoping that the Metz will do off camera remote flash also. Gotta look into it more.

One of my favorite recent shots. Taken with Sigma 25mm f/1.8.

20101202_16-E_f.jpg

I pretty much always use the 4/3's ratio as you can always crop in post but you can't uncrop pixels that you didn't use initially. Admittedly I sometimes shoot square when I use my ep1 in the pinhole art mode.

I pretty much always use the 4/3's ratio as you can always crop in post but you can't uncrop pixels that you didn't use initially. Admittedly I sometimes shoot square when I use my ep1 in the pinhole art mode.

Same here. I always use 4/3 ratio.

On a seperate note, who uses the art filter modes? Anyone have examples? On my few attempts, the resulting images always looked crappy, maybe I'm using the wrong filter for the shot I want.

So nobody has any issues when printing that a sometimes a little gets cut off the top and bottom? I've had trouble both at local stores and places like SmugMug when I went to order a canvas print. I noticed there were lots of choices of aspect ratios, but I never tried different ones. I have no idea about this. :laughing: :confused3

Not when shooting (well, maybe once or twice) but I often try out the art modes in pp, just for fun. I've done portraits for friends (casually) that I've put the soft focus on and they came out really nice. I like the pinhole for some reason. And the pop art is fun. Let me see if I can pull some up as examples.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter