Old Tickets Value - take them to Guest Services!

msmayor

Finding my beach...
Here's my budget tip of the day...

I had four very old paper tickets that I'd been hanging on to for years. They were purchased back in 2006 for a trip that was planned for 2008 (back when you could buy non-expiring multi-day park hopping tickets to save on price increases for future trips). They were the type of tickets that also had 'Water Parks and More' feature...so water park entry or mini golf too.

I saved them after the trip as there were still unexpired features left, but after 16 years couldn't remember at all was may still be on them. I took them to Guest Services in Disney Springs the other day and discovered that two of the tickets still had one day of park hopping left, and all four still had a water park admission or a mini golf visit. The one day park hopper alone is worth a lot in today's dollars, and my daughter and I will use that day during our upcoming November trip for Food and Wine. The water park we probably won't use, but four mini-golf admissions will come in handy for our June family trip next month.

So check those old tickets you may have laying around...you never know!

Yes, good advice. I can recall many years ago when Disney printed/sold paper tickets that never expired. Guest Services is likely the only place you can go to see if any of these old tickets you have lying around have any remaining days on them. I would assume the Disney internal systems store these and their employees can look them up that way, but wouldn't be found anywhere online. They are NOT shown on MDE so have seen some other threads talking about that.

A few months ago when preparing for my April trip I found a ticket I believed to be an unused 10 day non-expiring park hopper that I had bought just before they discontinued them. I had bought several, but had an AP for a few years before covid, and lost track of that one. Took it with me to Epcot guest services, the agent had to call in (the support team he called is called The Avengers!) I was correct, and they told him how to add it to my account. I have occasionally bought 1 day tickets for short visits over the last few years, so I was disappointed I hadn't notice it before, but happy to have it now. I also have something like 22 waterpark days from previous NE tickets on my account.

yup. my 27 year old son used one of the 2 remaining days left on his CHILD's 10 day non expiring hopper ticket the last time we went-guest services looked it up and verified it still had 2 days left. they said that since it was bought when he qualified as a 'child' that it was still valid for entry.

Guess Disney isn’t going to entice you to book an on-site stay next year with their free water park ticket on arrival day promo!
Nope, we just got back from a 5 day offsite trip and didn't go to TL. I have 5 nights at Saratoga Springs next March on a DVC rental, may head to DS and take the TL bus over for a few hours.

A few months ago when preparing for my April trip I found a ticket I believed to be an unused 10 day non-expiring park hopper that I had bought just before they discontinued them. I had bought several, but had an AP for a few years before covid, and lost track of that one. Took it with me to Epcot guest services, the agent had to call in (the support team he called is called The Avengers!) I was correct, and they told him how to add it to my account. I have occasionally bought 1 day tickets for short visits over the last few years, so I was disappointed I hadn't notice it before, but happy to have it now. I also have something like 22 waterpark days from previous NE tickets on my account.
I still have multiple days for waterparks left on a couple of old NE tickets,which I'm not even sure how to use..... would they work for mini golf?

My daughter in laws dad went to work for a company and in cleaning out his office found a bunch of Disneyland admission tickets. Apparently the company used to give them out as incentives.......and the receipt said they had been purchased in 1973. Disneyland exchanged them for current admissions, Only restriction is they will only exchange 10 at a time.

I still have multiple days for waterparks left on a couple of old NE tickets,which I'm not even sure how to use..... would they work for mini golf?
So the ticket I have says 10 day hopper with 10 fun visits, which I think include water parks? (Oops, meant mini golf. It's been a long day!) Mine are on my MDE account so I can just use them from my magic band.

Last edited:

Best bet is to take them to any Guest Services location and ask. I went to the location at Disney Springs and the cast member there was so helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter