Old Key West vs Saratoga?

When at Disney, we really watch very little tv, so the sofa isn't an important piece of furniture for us. But I've seen the new Murphy Beds at BC, and that really is so much better than the pullout sofas!

If I'm traveling alone, SSR Studio all the way. Walking to DS from SSR is vastly overrated, however, unless you're in the preferred Congress Park section. Boats can be a PITA if you don't time them right. I always have a car, so unless I'm going to MK, I'll drive.

OKW is great for parties of two or more, their gargantuan rooms (even with two, we get a 1BR) can't be beat. Parking is really convenient right outside the units, and much appreciated; after a long park day, a long walk back to the room is the last thing I need.

This! While they both have multiple stops, the layout at SSR creates a more efficient route. At OKW the buses have to go slower as they navigate the narrower roads where cars are parked. There are also a few "loops" at OKW where the bus has to go down and back the same road. At SSR, there is only one of those. The rest of the stops are just on one big loop.
Anyone who says they prefer the bus loop at OKW to that at SSR has never had the misfortune of finding themselves in a villa way down on South Point Road (like buildings 49, 50, or 55) LOL. We've had friends who were stuck way down at the end of South Point and hated it.

we've stayed at both ,I liked both and the DW liked SSr more. Congress park to walk over to Disney Springs and shop

OKW is my vote… we own there.. love the old Florida feel.. we are from Canada so when in Florida I want to be surrounded by tropical plants palm trees

We love the massive studios and size of the other rooms.. we always stay near hospitality house to be close the amenities and food

Staying close to HH we can either get the first bus stop at Peninsular Road in the morning to ensure a spot or grab it at HH if it’s not a busy time and miss doing the loop around the resort

Never had a bad trip to OKW and will be checking in again 11 days!

We've stayed at both and while OKW is nice, we love SSR much more and it is our go-to now when we are in a situation like yours currently. We stay in Congress Park at SSR and enjoy the easy walk to Disney Springs. My wife and daughter love the spa there as well. The reno'd rooms are great and having five pools on site is also fun for pool hopping. We like the more open and sprawling feel of SSR as well. It's all personal preference of course, but for us it is SSR. While the boat to DS is fine from OKW, that easy walkability is a big plus for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter