• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW Room Report

DebbieB

DIS Veteran
My Mom and I checked in about 4:30pm on Saturday May 7th. There was no line to check-in, they were not busy. The cm seemed a little unsure of what she was doing. She was confused because I gave her 2 confirmations: 1 for Saturday night on member cash and then Sunday to Thursday nights on points. I explained it and finally she understood. My requests were non-smoking, first floor, water view (1 bedroom). At first she said there was a room available in building 15, a fairway view. She showed me the map, it didn't look like a good location, way in a corner. I asked if any water views were available. She looked down the list and said there was a fairway and water view in building 37. She pointed it out of me on the map and I said "perfect". I confirmed it was non-smoking and non-handicapped, she said yes with a "chuckle" (I think they are getting the non-handicapped requests more often). It turned out to be great. We could see the golfers out on the fairway and the edge of a pond. Lots of ducks, squirrels, rabbits. Very quiet area. We had a car so the distance to the HH was not an issue. The only problem we ran into was the DVD was not connected to the TV. I was wondering why it didn't work (running but not showing a picture) and finally pulled it out to find the lines were not connected to the TV. Perhaps someone disconnected it to install a game or something. The sofabed was the old style. The appliances were new.

Pictures:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5db35b3127cce91e62da0f5a500000026108AZOGTFq4ZtJ

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5db35b3127cce91e63f4bf54700000026108AZOGTFq4ZtJ

We didn't spend alot of time in the parks but it did not seem too crowded. Walked onto Soarin' in the single rider line. Weather was great, mid 80's, some rain on Wednesday evening. We had a nice Mother's Day dinner at CRT. Saw Regis & Kelly taping on Thursday (very hot in the noon sun). All in all, a great trip! :flower: Now back to work tomorrow.....:-(

Thanks for the pictures. You did have a beautiful view. Do you remember the room #?

It was room 3711. It was a 1 bedroom with the kitchen/bedroom on the left as you enter.

Thank you Debbie. That sounds like a great location despite your later check-in. It really must help to check in on Saturday. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the report -especially the pictures.

Best wishes -

Sounds like a great trip and a very nice room view too! So far we haven't had a "location" problem, but if we do, checking in on Sat seem like a good alternative.

That is a great area. We have been in #35 before and also #41 (I think) and the access to Turtle Pond Pool plus the bus stop make it very convenient. We love having a water view because the kids enjoy the ducks so much. Glad you had fun... We LOVE Old Key West! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter